Author Topic: Really worried about Rameses  (Read 6562 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Really worried about Rameses
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 21:26:07 PM »
I have been away and so pleased that Rameses is feeling a bit better  ;D

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 21:19:51 PM »
Glad the gorgeous boys is better  :Luv: send him a cuddle from me and a soft headbutt from Jameson.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 20:13:41 PM »
Sounds like the little lad is on the mend.  Give him a gentle chin rub from me  :Luv:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 19:24:24 PM »
Turned another corner tonight,before I dished up his pouch I found him tucking into his jwb,things are definately looking good,ok he hasnt finished a whole pouch but he's eaten upto half of it which is am improvement from a quarter :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Of course as I gave him another tablet I had another growl but hey gotta be cruel to be kind right? :innocent:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 17:28:24 PM »
Sorry I missed this yesterday hun, hope Rameses is feeling much better today  :hug:

Sending a gentle head tickle from me and Max  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 16:21:12 PM »
Good news Gwen. Just love the pics especially Rameses and Cymro :Luv:

Best of luck with the tablet giving :hug:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 16:04:52 PM »
Well theres definately an improvement in the boy,yesterday he was just lying in the attic and didnt bother with us attall,well I say bother with us,he does more with the dogs than he does with us humans :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

His appetite is still low considering he's usually wolfs down whatever you put infront of him but that will come in time I'm sure.  I gave him his tablet this morning and I had a growl but he didnt use paws or claws to fight me bless him :Luv:  no doubt the tablet giving will become harder as times goes on :shify: :shify:I got some dairylea incase I need some assistance :shify: :shify:

Took these pictures last night in the middle of the night,he'd come down from the attic and was lying by Cymro,where he usually lies at night time and the other one shows him in a much more relaxed sleep,so hopefully my boy is on the mend :Luv: :Luv:

Thanks guys for all your support and advice :hug:

Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 06:55:42 AM »
I don't know what antibiotics they gave you but not long after I got Kylie she had an abcess from fighting. I bought a pill-giver and tried everything to get her to take them. In desperation, I put one on the floor and she just ate it  :evillaugh: - she never used to be as particular back then  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 23:50:54 PM »
tomorrow he starts on his anti biotics,who wants to come round to give it to him? :shify: :shify:

Dairylea is your friend  ;)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 23:15:45 PM »
Best of luck Gwen :shify:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 23:14:04 PM »
He just sniffed his pouch tonight but aint worrying too much as at least he has eaten a bit which is an improvement from yesterday,tomorrow he starts on his anti biotics,who wants to come round to give it to him? :shify: :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 19:27:03 PM »
Glad to hear he ate something ;D

Hope he has a settled night :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 19:20:12 PM »
Glad he is eating again and hope he soon feels back to normal.  It is such a worry

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 19:04:22 PM »
btw incase you all thaught he wolfed down his pouch,he never,he ate maybe a quarter of it,like Gillian says it can take upto 48 hours for the anti b's to work and I guess I am expecting too much too soon :shy:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 16:53:34 PM »

I think you should bring your mop and bucket here if thats the case just to be on the safeside :innocent:

Trust me, I do my fair share of cleaning up.

Then there's the cats  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 16:43:22 PM »
:hug: That didn't take him long.

It might be a bit rich for him so don't be surprised if he brings it up  :innocent:

I think you should bring your mop and bucket here if thats the case just to be on the safeside :innocent:

:evillaugh:

He's now sleeping in the attic on his blanket :Luv:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 15:39:02 PM »
 :hug: That didn't take him long.

It might be a bit rich for him so don't be surprised if he brings it up  :innocent:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 15:32:19 PM »
Aint read what posts have come after my last one yet as I am so exited and have to tell you all.........

HE IS NOW EATING HIS OH SO FISHY SALMON POUCH :)
Off to read the follow up posts now :)
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 15:02:11 PM »
What a worry but at least now you know it's a treatable bug.  :hug:

It's bound to be something he acquired outside so I wouldn't fret about your dishwashing standards.  Hope he gets better very soon.

Oh, I very much doubt your other two are at risk from him unless they groom him but I suppose they might be exposed to the same source material?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Catbird

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 14:57:03 PM »
Hi Gwen,

I was told that even though Dot is a house cat, she could pick up an infection from something I tracked in on my shoes, despite the fact that I take them off just inside the door.  The only other thing to do is some sort of sheep-dip malarky but it all seems a bit impractical and I doubt my management company would be overly thrilled.  So, yup, your washing-up standards can be of the highest order and you're still stuffed!

I hope Rameses feels better soon - Dot has replied to him on his own thread!   :Luv:

C.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 14:52:10 PM »
Sending get well soon vibes :get well:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 14:39:39 PM »
It'll take him a little while to pick up after the injections Gwen, I'm always impatient to see improvement as soon as we've been to the vets - but as was pointed out to me, it takes about 48 hours for antibiotics to kick in.  As the others have said, he could get a bacterial infection from anywhere - I'm sure its nothing to do with your washing up  :evillaugh: Hope he feels better soon  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 13:48:29 PM »
Poor little Rameses, hope the vets visit has sorted him out.  The boys send a magical healing headkiss each :care:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 12:21:27 PM »
Glad he has had some injections to help. Also good news that at least he ate some gravy.

I agree with Mark that he has probably picked it up outside :hug:

May be a good idea to ask about the others, just in case.

Hope Rameses starts to pick up after a rest :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
It could be anything Gwen. Something he ate outside maybe?

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
We're back and apparently he has a bacterial infection,how could he of gotten this?  I clean his bowls daily etc so I dont understand,is it because I dont clean them thoroughly or what?  or could he of gotten is from outside?  His temp was slightly high but she wasnt concerned,she said he's lost a bit of weight(could tell by pinching him) but she said that was because he hadnt eaten.  On the way to the vets he had the stinkiest poo going :sick: :sick:

Anyhow shes given him an injection of of Synulox RTU 40ml,also injection of Dexadreson 50ml and an injection of VITBEE B12 250MCG 50ml.

He's at the moment lying on the floor,he came out of his box and basically just lied on the floor(very unlike him) but I have offered him a gourmet pouch and he's licked the gravy,usually he would of devoured it all in one go but at least its an improvement from yesterday.

I am still very worried about him though  :(

Plus I forgot to ask the vet but is a bacterial infection catching to my other two also? :scared:

Thanks guys for all your support :)
Love me,love my animals.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »
Poor Rameses.  Fingers crossed he's just having an off day and will soon be telling all the other cats how his evil meowmy dragged him off to the vets just because he was having a lazy day  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »
Fingers crossed it is nothing
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »
Hope all goes well at the vet's and it is just a minor tummy upset.  Get well soon Rameses

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »
Good luck, Gwen.  :hug: Hope you feel better soon, Rameses.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:40:19 AM »
I'm sure he will be fine as they usually are when you get them to the vet. Someone on here sent me a card a while ago with a cat hiding under the bed and the owner with the carrier. The cat was saying "I feel much better today, honestly"  :evillaugh:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »
Thanks guys,just waiting for the vets to ring back to tell us what surgery to meet them at,the little butter is going mad in his carrier,if he goes to the vets and starts eating I'll be mad :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:27:37 AM »
It is such a worry isn't it, I hope its just something he has eaten outside hun x

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »
Hope Rameses picks up after his vets visit Gwen, know how worried you must be :hug:

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »
Poor Rameses - and poor you!  :hug:

Hopefully it's nothing more than a tummy upset and he'll be right as rain in a few days.  You're doing the right thing getting him to the vet straight away.  Please let us know how you get on.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:43:47 AM »
Sounds like more than an off day Gwen  :hug:

I guess all you can do is speak to the vet. There are lots of things it could be but I think he needs to get to a vet for rehydration. Two days without a drink is a long time  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:59:12 AM by Mark »

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Really worried about Rameses
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:44:31 AM »
He hasnt eaten since Friday and even on friday I noticed he left his wet food and just had a few  biscuits,yesterday morning he didnt he didnt even come down for his pouch and lied down sleeping,which I thaught was odd but didnt think much of it as I thaught he wasnt hungry,yesterday afternoon he lied in the sun,bare in mind he's a black and white cat therefore attract st he sun more and I was calling him all night to come in for his food and didnt realise he was upstairs lying on his blanket which is something he rarely does as he's such an active cat,my dog Cymro and him always have a little play before bedtime,Cymro started pawing him last night to start play and Rameses basically just growlled and hissed at him,eventually he went to lie on the stairs and I have been up and down all night checking on him and he hasnt moved an inch until 6am when he came downstairs and was sick but it was yellow bile,he hasnt eaten or drank attall yesterday(unless he had a drink outside which is highly unlikly) he's got himself upto the attic now and is sleeping on his blanket,he's letting the other cats pass him where as usually he'd have a pounce and try and wind them up but he's just lying there,its so not Rameses.  Gonna call emergency vets at 9 and see what they say,can do without the emergency call out if I'm honest but its a necessity unless the vets say otherwise,I hate seeing them ill :(  He doesnt appear to have been hit or anything but when I go and pick him up(bare in mind he doesnt like to be picked up anyhow) he growls and hisses at me but he's walking fine when he is walking,I'm wondering if its sunstroke but these symptoms had started really yesterday morning so not 100% sure its that,another thing is that he could of picked up some poison but still not sure.

I feel so helpless :(
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat