Author Topic: Injured cat, update on Bertie  (Read 10423 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Injured cat, update on Bertie
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 19:30:20 PM »
What a lovely story with a happy ending, so often we hear of  'strays' with such sad stories so its nice to hear he has someone who adores him. And thank you so much for helping him pav, who knows what could have happened

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2013, 01:15:36 AM »
Thank you Mary :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2013, 01:07:36 AM »
Pav so pleased - you deserve to have a grin on your face.  :hug:

Fantastic for Bertie and his dad

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2013, 00:12:42 AM »
Thanks Sheila :hug: I am sitting here with a big grin on my face ;D His dad text again saying how wonderful is to have him home :) He is loved so much and i am sooo happy he is home but Felicity is going to miss him very much she used to follow him and stay close to him i took the last pic tonight while i was playing with him waiting for his dad to pick him up :Luv: I think i need to find a new friend for Felicity  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2013, 00:03:27 AM »
Wonderful news Pav  ;D ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 23:15:01 PM »
Oh this is the best possible news, he has a slave who adores him and was missing him.  ;D

God bless you Pav for looking out for this little guy, otherwise he may never have found his Dad again.  :(

This is what cat rescue is all about. Feel good and celebrate my friend, you did good  ;D  :cheer:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 22:53:06 PM »
With a very Happy ending ;D A month ago i heared Berties mum outside my flat calling him so i went out and told her i havent seen him for a while! she said he has been home as she and her husband are going through a divorce and husband asked her to keep him in till he gets the key for his new place but he managed to break out again :shocked: I told her i would call if he turns up . Few days later i came home and saw Bertie waiting outside my flat i called her but she wasnt there and didnt get back to me till a week later she said she was away but cat sitter said he comes home and eats and leave :Crazy: I asked why the sitter hasnt kept him in ? I could see he is sleeping rough from his fur and not being brushed so not sure about sitter story.
Any how this morning i heared a guy shouting Bertie's name in the street and realized had to be his dad but it was too early and i just didnt get up then he called me saying he has his new place and trying to find him i said Bertie turns up eary morning every day when i let Felicity out but its around 4 am and its too early to call but he said he doesnt mind if it means to have his cat back :)
Well Bertie turned up an hour ago and i called his dad and now they are re united he was so Happy to see Bertie he kept huging me and had tears in his eyes i thought it was so lovely to see , most people i know are cat ladies not guys. He said he had Bertie for 6 years since he was 8 weeks (rescued) and its only last couple of months that he is behaving like this so i mentioned his injured leg in Feb and he said thats when his daughter started walking and now i wonder if thats why Bertie didnt want to go home.
He just texted me to say Thank you again and he missed him so much and he will make sure he's cared for properly again :Luv:
I just wanted to share this it kinda made my night :)
Bye Bertie have a wonderful life :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Injured cat
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 18:30:57 PM »
Thank you Gill, i will text them :hug: :hug:
Thank you Mary :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »
Pav, so sorry about Sally  :hug: :hug:

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 23:04:52 PM »
So sorry about your friend Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

So hard about Bertie and think you made the right decision but really hopes he remembers where you live and that you cared fior him  :hug: :hug:

Just text them and ask for your carrier back as you need it.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 22:49:14 PM »
I told them if Bertie turnup here i would text them and expected them  to do the same :-: They still have my cat carrier which they said they would drop on Sunday!
I paid for the consultation and having his trousers cliped and full checkup, it was my choice to do so as his fur was a mess :( I just hope he is ok . Not sure now if i did the right thing ? What if he stoped going home because he wasnt happy and the first chance he got he broke out and now he doesnt trust me to come back cos he think i would return him :-[
I know the vet visit didnt upset him as he stayed around till his mum turned up to pick him and since then no sign. Its just not like him

Yes Sheila i know i should text them but just cant deal if its bad news and some thing has happened to him, my friend Sally lost her long battle with  illness this morning and i just feel a bit down. :'(
 :thanks: :thanks: Every one for caring :hug:x
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 23:07:03 PM by pappilon »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 21:31:42 PM »
Can you text them for an update Pav? I'm sure the man is wondering if you've seen Bertie but doesn't want to bother you either.  :-:

Shame they didn't offer to help with your flea outbreak - at least buy you a can of Indorex or something.  :-:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 21:28:11 PM »
Maybe Bertie's gone home but they've not let you know.  Hope so cos you need to look after that gorgeous Felicity. :hug:

Mary

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 21:24:10 PM »
No sign , he hasnt been around :(

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 14:06:03 PM »
Any news?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 17:13:31 PM »
3 bottles, how stoopid are they!

I do hope he turns up Pav cos this is very  destressing  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 16:25:14 PM »
Bertie's hoomans were here this morning asking if i have seen him :shify:
They said the cat flap is broken so the wife blocked it with 3 bottle of water but Bertie managed to get out :shocked:
I said i will text them if he turns up but he hasn't and now i am worried.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 15:20:43 PM »
What an unexpected twist!  :wow: So pleased that Bertie's owners have been found, he's so lucky that he stumbled across you to look after him while he was lost  :)  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
You wont be feeding him.........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :rofl:

She obviously does not bother to take him or the other cat to the vets, you are very kind Pav  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 05:42:17 AM »
I meant to ask Pav.  How long had Bertie been "missing"? :(

Rosella, tbh i was so excited finding his owners that i forgot to ask . I also forgot to mention his bad leg back in Feb  :-[ I had the vet clip his trousers as he had a bad tummy in last few days and i tried to clean him but he wouldnt stand still. The vet said his skin was very sore urinating and not cleaning him self :(
I managed to wipe him most days using baby wipes but he would get very excited with his claws ;)
Aww yes she said they have a magnetic flap thats when i asked her if they atleast keep him in at nights and just lock the flap, she said the husband have another cat which has a very bad eczema and epilepsy :(

Gill,  i have a feeling the moment they let him out he will turn up here, but atleast i know he is not a stray and i wont be feeding him any more.
Mary the wife seemed very nice but i dont think she is a cat person
 :hug: :thanks: again for all the support.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 02:19:56 AM »
It's a shame the husband isn't at home more - he might have a word with his wife about caring for Bertie better when he's away.

You're an angel Pav  :hug:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2013, 00:56:22 AM »
So pleased that you found Berties owners but have to say if he is away loads it doesnt sound that she cares that much, so agree with Rosella  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 00:44:42 AM »
I meant to ask Pav.  How long had Bertie been "missing"? :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 00:36:15 AM »
Am delighted that you found Bertie's "owners" Pav  :wow: :wow: :wow: but what is it that makes me think you haven't seen the last of this boy?  :shify: 

Felicity will be a bit of a lure to that handsome ginger boy methinks  :naughty: as indeed will be your catfud and treats  :innocent:

I very much hope that they do the decent thing and install a catflap if they are not prepared to keep him in  :shy:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 23:29:38 PM »
So pleased for Bettie and well done to you Pav.  I bet they were so excited.  Do they live far from you?

Mary x :hug:

Thank you Mary :hug:
 Bertie's dad was, he kept thanking me for taking him to the vets and have him checked!
His wife was a very nice lady but didnt know much and made it clear that Bertie was her husband's cat and he should take more responsibility for Bertie :-: She had a young child with her which was really sweet as she kept calling Bertie but he wasnt interested :naughty:
No not far away from me but she said they are both away lots and the cat sitter said Bertie stoped coming home, she couldnt believe that he is out there at all hours in rain and snow sleeping under the cars .
I told her i lost my cat Mister to RTA and am concerned about him crossing the road and how he sits in middle of the road and asked if they had a cat flap and if they could atleast keep him in at nights. She said she will speak to her husband.
Now i have to treat my Flat and Felicity for fleas as Bertie was covered in fleas  :shocked:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 22:27:16 PM »
So pleased for Bertie and well done to you Pav.  I bet they were so excited.  Do they live far from you?

Mary x :hug:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:14:25 AM by maryas »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 22:15:12 PM »
I managed to get this guy to the vet and am delighted to say that he was chiped and now reunited with his family ;D
He is called Bertie and much loved by his dad who called me from Poland being on bussiness and arranged for his wife to pick him up this afternoon  :)
I am over the moon  :wow:
Thank you every one for your support and advice. :hug: :hug:x
 :thanks:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 21:30:52 PM »
He is gorgeous but reckon he has been lost for a long time and living on his wits till he found you  ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
so he knows how to use a flap .
[/color]

:rofl: Boy did he choose the right flap  ;)

That latest pic of him is beautiful Pav  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »
Most rescues do post pictures of their "found" cats, Pav, so I would too if I were in your position, but the decision is entirely yours, of course. I always think that a cat would reconise its owner and react accordingly so you can weed out any non-genuine owners.  :shify:

The first thing, though, is to get him to the vet for a microchip check  ;) and to have a look at that skin problem. Can you get him in a box do you think? The vet will probably check him for free if you ask on the phone when you call.   :sneaky:

From his behaviour, the fact he knows how to play and is happy to be handled and flea treated suggests he's definitely a lost pet and not feral. I almost hope you don't find his owner, Pav, cos I know how happy he could be with you and Miss Fliss.  :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »
Pip is lovely  :Luv2: and must be a clever lad as well to have found you to help him  :)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 07:43:46 AM »
awwwww Well done Pav  :)

He is affa bonnie  :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 04:52:59 AM »
Thanks Sheila, i will print another paper collar  from internet on Monday and will try again ;D
He just had his breakfast and while eating i put the Frontline  didnt bother him at all ;D
I have this two pics  which is very clear of his face and marking do you think i should add them to found post or no picture?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 00:42:57 AM »
You'd see the wet on his neck if he had been treated for fleas already, Pav. :-:

So the paper colar failed. Worth one more try? Or a proper collar with your name/number sellotaped on there?

If you post him on here and NPR and animalsearchuk you've covered most of the bases, but on here you get the benefit of silly old cat ladies like me trawling the other sites in our "spare" time.  :-[ ;D

He's a beauty, hope he sticks around  :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 00:37:18 AM »
Thank you Sheila , i think i will Frontline him and Felicity in the morning.
I did the paper collar a while back , he came back without it and i thought good some one is going to get in touch. Only to find the collar out in our front yard :-:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 00:26:50 AM »
Thank you Gill, i have seen flea dirt on him but wasnt sure if i should use Frontline . What if he is visiting other homes and get treated by other people then its overdose and would do more harm than good?

Thank you Mary :hug: I am sure he had a home once but not sure if he is from around here , i did put up posters but heared nothing :(. I was late  one eve and found him trying to push his way in through the cat flap which is closed so he knows how to use a flap .

Thankyou Helen :hug: :hug:
Do you think it helps if i put him on lost and found here on purrs?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 00:16:30 AM »
Pav, pop a Frontline (or similar) flea treatment on his neck, I think the red spots are flea bite related, maybe where he's scratched old bites?

Good for you, I'd wish one of my strays would end up at your house and not on the streets.   :hug:

Meantime, when you get close enough, pop a proper collar on him with your phone number scrawled on the inside, see who calls?  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 23:22:18 PM »
What a very lucky boy  :) If one of mine was ever lost or injured I hope that they would happen across a person just like you  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 20:54:10 PM »
Aaw bless, so glad he is making it a bit easier for you Pav.

Would be lovely to see him re-united with his owners if he has any.

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 18:48:44 PM »
They do look comfortable  ;D ;D

I suspect fleas especially as he has been living outside, would go for that first.

Ringworm tends to be little circles with a free patch in the middle, sorta like a ring  :innocent:

Link to CatChat