Author Topic: What do ya fink? - New Spring Summer range of Valerian & Catnip Cat Toys coming to Purrs shop soon  (Read 11351 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
hope this works - i have a new phone...
Yes tan you can put it on the shop website.
Sorry its not very close up tho!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Here is Nuggie and his Mouse....he can quit anytime he wants to  :rofl: :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Hi em hun love to have a pic of denzel with the squirrel :) if ya can email or pop it up here that would be great to see luv :)
Would it be ok to pop it in shop?

Any pics I would love to see :) :)

Must try and get a video of marl bringing in his prize lol  it was a witches hatz last time lol

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Marl has a fun game where I hide the val toys in the garden and he comes in eeeking with one in his mouth. Lol funny lad.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Hi :)

Thanks Hun for letting me know. Had one report of a stocking opening out of over 300 sold over Christmas so the new range felt toys have a wool mix felt which is 3 times as stronger. Me mate who makes them found that the stiffer felt was easier to work with.
we had a terrier doggie over testing them as well as 6 cats and no damage so far :)

Yes me too I put them in bags when not in use and bring em out for bits at a time. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:14:29 AM by Tan »

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
oh Sheilarose, that poor tree just didnt stand a chance  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Mine havent had their "innards" ripped out ( :shify: yet  :shify:) but will bare what you said in mind should the outta material become torn  :)
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Tan, as you know, the boys are huge fans of the valerian toys.  ;D

I too pop them in a plastic bag and put them away for a few days to allow the pong to subside. Usually Theo drags the bag out of the cupboard when he wants to play  :naughty: :Luv2:

I have one concern that came about when the valerian Christmas Tree got it's last rights - the felt material gave way quite easily and this meant the white fleecy stuffing was exposed - I dragged a fair bit out of Sly's mouth as he was intent on consuming the herbs inside but it did worry me at the time.

Since then they've also managed to tear open the pink crinkly moppy with feathers which has had the same filling.

I wonder if it might be worth changing the felt material for something a little more robust?

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat

Nuggie was going mental, just rolling over the box  :evillaugh: I think the odour had built up and *pooffed* into his nostrils so fast he was practically dehydrated from drooling!!  :rofl: :rofl:

I can relate - denzel was the same! I got a few toys delivered at the same time, but she smelt it straight away (it was meant to be a christmas pressie, but I couldn't wait)
The poor squirrel was dripping with drool within minutes  :-[

They are a bit pongy, but only for a couple of days. Dexter wasn't really interested tho  :-:

We might need to set up "Valarian/Purrwhiffeeze Rehab" ......and design the "Drool Catcher"  :rofl: :rofl:

I didnt find the mouse so pongy - but the firework made my house stink for a few days  :-: :-: my OH was wandering about sniffing things trying to work out where the smell was coming from  :rofl: he was convinced they'd brought in something dead  :rofl: :rofl:
 :shify: i didnt say it was the toy though  :shify: Nuggie wont like it if they're banned  :-[

My friend has 3 cats and i bought them the Spider....and like Dexter, one just wasnt fussed  :-: but all the cats I've had, were never fussed on Catnip - I used to wonder why people raved about it?...now I see why!! Cats have their own Class B Plant Drug  :rofl: I'm sure Dexter will find his "thing"  :evillaugh:

I'm definitely going to be skint with all these new things  :shy: so many choices....  :doh:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I likes them! I know Ai-Chan will go bonkers for Valerian ones!
Bianca

Ditto here. ;) They're ace, Tan.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Absolutely loving the prawn! that one is a must have.... :)

me too!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Thanks Jo for the info on Valarian - Tan not had time to answer me yet.  Don't fancy smell of sweaty socks so will stick to the catnip  :evillaugh:

I remember putting a review on shop when I bought somet ages ago and from what I remember it was quite easy.  Just take your time and go through each page from top to bottom and you'll find it somewhere.  If not one of the Mods might know.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Absolutely loving the prawn! that one is a must have.... :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Where on earth do you think these ideas up Tan! Prawns, spring onions, ice creams - love it  :evillaugh:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.

What's Valerian Tan?

Mary

I'm sure Tan gave you an answer Mary but I to give my opinion on the valerian toys.  They have valerian root in them and it drives some cats wild.  My sister's cat doesn't respond to catnip but the valerian toys have him rolling, wriggling and drooling. 

Mine like catnip but valerian seems to have a stronger effect, it is a short-term effect, after a couple of minutes they have had enough and wander off stoned but while it lasts it is very funny.

Be warned though, the valerian doesn't smell so good, a bit like teenage boys' feet, so I'd advise you to put the toys away once they have finished with them!

Highly recommended, i wanted to out a review on the Purrs shop but had a few "technical difficulties" (ie I am completely rubbish at pooters)

Jo

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat

Nuggie was going mental, just rolling over the box  :evillaugh: I think the odour had built up and *pooffed* into his nostrils so fast he was practically dehydrated from drooling!!  :rofl: :rofl:

I can relate - denzel was the same! I got a few toys delivered at the same time, but she smelt it straight away (it was meant to be a christmas pressie, but I couldn't wait)
The poor squirrel was dripping with drool within minutes  :-[

They are a bit pongy, but only for a couple of days. Dexter wasn't really interested tho  :-:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
I sense i may be owning several of these!!! I love the prawn!!  :evillaugh:

I'd never come across Purrwhiffeeze before and i purchased the mouse and as i was opening the parcel Nuggie was going mental, just rolling over the box  :evillaugh: I think the odour had built up and *pooffed* into his nostrils so fast he was practically dehydrated from drooling!!  :rofl: :rofl:

I went on to get him the "Firework" which he loves as he is a bunnykicker  ;D but both him & Peanut rub all over it and even the carpet where it's been  :rofl: so impressed with this range i got my friends cat a purrwhiffeez spider to see if they got the same reaction  ;D

I am afraid that Nuggie is an Addict and I am now "Dealing"....  :doh: :doh:
 :rofl:

Looking forward to this range  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
I likes them! I know Ai-Chan will go bonkers for Valerian ones!
Bianca

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
I like the spring onionz, the skunkz and the prawn.  ;D
Tan I have a pic of denzel playing with her valarian squirrel if you want it for the shop site?
I wasn't sure how to get it on there....
Emma

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
I fink they are fantastic  :Luv2: :hug:

Bonnie loves ice cream so I might be tempted with that one.  I think the prawn is so cute.

I bought Bonnie a big fish, about 9" long Christmas 2010 and she has never touched it but my friend's cat has one and she kicks hell out of it.

Oh and of course the Purrs Heart is fab  :Luv2:

What's Valerian Tan?

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Whatcha fink?

All designs will be available in Valerian flavour or 99% filled Potent USA Catnip flavour  ;D

From reviews and feedback since Christmas the Valerian toys go down really well  ;D ;D ;D

Next designs on the drawing board are for Easter  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 21:39:03 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Re: What do ya fink? - New Spring Summer range coming to Purrs shop soon
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 21:32:21 PM »
Last 4  :evillaugh:

- Ladybirdz
- Clown Hatz
- Skunkz  ( the Valerian is in it's nether regions!  :rofl: )
- Flowerz

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 21:29:07 PM »
next 4

- Spring Onionz
- Frogz
- Ice Creamz
- Sunz

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 21:26:26 PM »
next 2

- Prawnz
- Heartz  - lol as in "Purrs in our hearts"!!  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 21:27:06 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Well my mate came over today to let me see the new Spring & Summer range of PurrWhiffeez (Valerian) and PurrNipeez (catnip) cat toys that we thought of and here's a preview.

We've thought of a range of shorter and longer toys for those bunny kicking sessions!  :evillaugh:

Here's the 1st 4  out of 14 new designs

- Purrl in a shellz
- Beez
- Butterfliez
- Palm Treez
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 21:38:24 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat