Author Topic: Does Petal Cleanse work?  (Read 9675 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Does Petal Cleanse work?
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 20:06:56 PM »
Anti-histamines seem to be doing the job.  Well, I'm certainly much improved but not fully there.  Think I will invest in Petal Cleanse after payday.  I do find it odd that Robbie has never had this effect on me!

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 17:53:57 PM »
I'm another snotty one!  :sick:

I find that Morrison's own brand of antihistamines are good and also Flixonase nose spray aswell xxx I tried Petal cleanse when I first got Katie but to be honest I just built up a resistance quite quickly! Good luck with it chick xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 22:27:28 PM »
We use it too but I keep forgetting to keep it up, I won't be using it now till the end of may due to being away. I;
've found it quite good though.

Like Dancer I too am allergic to lots of things so am on high strength antihistamines and waiting for an allergy clinic appointment. I'm usually found with a trail of tissues behind me.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 00:08:52 AM »
Ised to get Tesco's generic Piriton for £1.99 I think for 30 or something like that instead of the branded £2.99+ but I don't have a Tesco with a pharmacy anywhere near me now. Boots do a generic one but it's not a huge price difference :tired:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 23:42:37 PM »
I'm going to give it a go at some point when I have some spare pennies for what is a luxury item to me at the moment! :-[

I take Piriton all year round but then I'm allergic to everything :evillaugh: Pollen, cats, dogs, rabbits, dust, too strong perfume..........................I'm a walking snot factory :sick: Always got a tissue in my pocket and if you need to find me just follow the trail of tissues and tissue boxes :evillaugh: :-[ I seem to spend my life picking up after myself, I really don't know how the tissue get everywhere but they do, no matter how many bins I have around. I drive myself nuts with it.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 22:11:34 PM »
It would definitely be worth giving Petalcleanse a try, but don't forget it takes a couple of weeks of use for the allergens to reduce so don't expect instant results. I've found it helped, my eyes used to stream and it was like having hayfever symptoms all year round! I think I've also built up an immunity too - because I don't seem to need to use it on the cats as much now.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 21:44:06 PM »
Thanks for that - I was thinking of taking anti-histamines for me. I usually have to take some for hayfever anyway but don't fancy taking them all year round. Sky is banned from my room (Robbie is stilll allowed in as I have no reaction to him) but she sat on my knee tonight and since then I feel like I have got a really bad cold.  Shame as she is such a loving little creature and does want to be around me when I'm in but I'm having to limit my time with her.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 21:36:03 PM »
You could try some anti histamines for you not cat  :hug: sometimes it helps to wipe cat down morning and evening with a damp cloth, a good hoover is essential.
Good Luck, hope you will soon feel better, believe it or not I am allergic and in time you will build up some resistance. If things get really bad doctors. :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Does Petal Cleanse work?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 21:18:08 PM »
We've had Sky 4 weeks now and its like I've had hayfever every day since then. I thought that and my asthma would have settled by now but it isn't looking likely so I'm looking for a remedy!

Petal Cleanse seems the most mentioned one but is there any other out there that I can try out?

It's odd - Robbie has never affected me, neither did Lilly. Just seems there are certain cats that trigger my asthma off and Sky must be one of them.

Karen
x

Link to CatChat