Author Topic: What's your cat called and why??????  (Read 10778 times)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Re: What's your cat called and why??????
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2010, 16:44:24 PM »
We called our cats after Disney characters cos we're all Disney mad in my house. First we had Jasmine (Aladdin), then she had kittens Meeko (Pocahontas), Belle (Beauty and The Beast), and DaisyDuck (Donald's girlfriend lol). We took in a cat from a friend of a friend who luckily was already called Tigger!

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
We are all nuts.... not only do we have names for our little furry darlings, we have pet 'pet' names!   :rofl:       

Cuteness and love personified.   :Luv: :Luv:

Offline MandyPaul

• Kitten
  • One cat just leads to another
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
My cat was called Buffy by my daughter after Buffy the vampire slayer lol. My little boy calls her Buffy cat not just Buffy When we get the new cat his name will be Indie after Indianna Jones
"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 19:34:09 PM »
Molly had a given name when I got her from the Cat Rescure - it seemed not to suit and I wanted something feminine, cute and would suit a little girly cat as she was very delicate, gentle & petite (WAS being the operative word) -  thought of Holly as I got her just after new year 2008 and from Holly came Molly.   

Her pet names vary from  Ms Mols, sweetheart, baby and occassionally, " Ya wee  :censored: bug'r ye"    :rofl:  :shy: :rofl:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 19:35:06 PM by Mollys Slave »

Offline MiddleEarthNet

• Kitten
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
Frankie - started as a joke from mum suggesting Frankie and Bennie after the food chain.
Alfie - was the only other boys name my parents and I could agree on.

I was keen both cats had proper names.

Offline Kucinta

• Adult Cat
  • Milo & Remy
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2010, 01:12:12 AM »
Remy - Short for pedigree name Remus (it was the 'R' litter and my address has the word 'Roman' in it).

Milo - pedigree name Romulus (see above), but named after MI ke & LO uise, my sister and bro in law who drove me to collect the boys and acted as a source of advice on all things kitten (I hadn't discovered Purrs at the time!), as I was a first time cat slave and lacking in experience.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2010, 19:11:37 PM »
That is really sweet - glad to hear your husband is a cat lover too.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2010, 17:38:18 PM »
Ai chan 愛ちゃん。 Ai means love in Japanese.. Chan is a affectionate name that Japanese parents call their children. Or brothers and sisters may call each other by their 1st name then chan. I call my husband by his 1st name then chan. My husband gave or kitty her name

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 00:18:12 AM »
But...but... I like Akamauru.  :shify:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2010, 23:05:45 PM »
Think you should go back to Garcia LOL so we all stop being confused  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2010, 20:36:00 PM »
Well as you know my cats have some unusual names...

Vader - Comes from Star Wars. My partner is a HUGE fan (We have lightsabres displayed on the wall in our spare room... He's 26 I promise.  :rofl: Vader, just sort of looked like a Vader. He's black (but white underneath) with little white fangs so he looks a bit menacing. He's a big softie at heart though.

Tachi (Short for Tachikoma) - Comes from an animé called Ghost in the Shell. They are AI robots with childish personalities and voices. Silly I know. It suits him though.

Akamauru - Comes from an animé called Naruto. HE's actually a dog in it, but I don't think our Akamaru minds. Although I'm considering changing it to Stinkymaru as he's just let a massive fart go!  :sick:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 00:17:46 AM by NotSoKittyNewbie »

Offline Gemini

• Adult Cat
    • Cat Chat, the Cat Rescue Resource
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2010, 19:05:09 PM »
So... why am I called Gemini?  Well here goes...

It's nothing to do with star signs as it happens (I'm a Leo anyway),  I was named after NASA's Gemini space exploration program (programme?) from the 1960's (no I'm not that old!).  My then housemate, who was adopted at the same time as me got called Explorer, (also a space program).   It was some dappy idea our folks had based on the fact that when we got adopted the first thing we did was to explore every available space... so that's it, strange but true!

(Just as well I'm not a boy, I probably would have got called Sputnik!)

Love & Purrs
Gemini Cat
Cat Chat
xxx
"Her Tabby Gorgeousness"

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2010, 14:40:14 PM »
Beavis - he is a gimge laike the cartoon character and has as much attitude - you will glad to hear there is NOT a Butthead  in our family!
Jerry - when we lost oscar Hubby and I both said a few days later we wanted to give a home to a kitten and call it Jerry , and luckily when we saw him he suite his name.

Gizmo - was originally Ziggy , but Gizmo semed to suit him better. He is also very keen on being fed after midnight.  :evillaugh:(or anytime really )

Fredcat - when he used to come into the garden as a stray Oscar used to go and beat him up , and Mum and Dad would say - 'Oh its that Fred cat again'  or when food would go missing 'That Fred cat has been in' as all cats that were unknown to us were automatically called Fred.

Anyhoos , said stray soon becmae a permanant resident , and the name stuck. He will not answer to Fred , only Fredcat!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2010, 14:15:29 PM »
Even though I chose my cats name's by how they looked, I think they have grown into their names meaning the name suits their personality...

Ted was already called Ted when I got him, turns out he's a big teddybear  :Luv:

Renie was already named when I got her, Ted's sister, she was named after Wolverine cos of her big claws, although she never used them  :)

Ollie, he looked like an Ollie- all black kitten and the name just suited him- I do call him Oliver sometimes as it's turned out he's a starvo  :evillaugh:

Macey she was just so small and cute, so she needed a cute name- turns out she is neither of these 2 anymore and now gets called Momma Mace  :naughty:

Harry, he's called that cos his dad looked like Dumbledor from Harry Potter- Harry now lives up to his name and will play dirty to get his own way  :shify:

Delilah, I already liked this name and then came along Delilah a gorgeous tortie and she really suited the name, she gets called Lyla boppy cos she's a little bit boppy  :innocent:

And Tia she was already called Tia but since moving into her very own posh puss palace (she was a stray) she has become a higher being, so we now call her Princess Tiammii  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Manc Cat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2010, 14:10:32 PM »
Ronnie - he was so good with his 'feet' as a kitten and good with the ladies so being from Manchester, he was named after possibly the best player in the world - One Cristiano Ronaldo. I thought about changing his name to Wayne when he left to go to Real Madrid!!!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2010, 13:57:26 PM »
My bridge babe Dylan was called that when I adopted him and I liked the name and it suited him so I kept it.

My ginger tornado Hobbes is named after the tiger in the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip, it's my fave cartoon and I always wanted to call a cat Hobbes and being a ginger tabby it seemed to fit. He is as mad as Hobbes the tiger too  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 22:16:59 PM »
My Bonnie thinks her name is........... who's my gorgeous little Bonnie Bum then  :rofl: :Luv2:

I must say this to her at least twice a day :Luv2:

She was called Bonnie when I got her from the RSPCA just over 2 years ago when she was 10 and I couldn't deny she was bonnie so I kept it.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 21:51:19 PM »
My very first kittens in the 70s (they came in threes even then LOL!) were all black and were called Sherry, Schweppes and...um Sophie, yes well, Sophie didnt quite fit in with the drinks theme, but I just liked the name! Other black cats I had were called Moses (loved that name) and Corky.

My Elsa RIP was named after Elsa the lioness.

My red persian Amber RIP who was a rescsue, came to me with the name of Brandy, but she was much more an Amber, and Poppy RIP, another red persian, was called Angel, but I didnt like the idea of her being an angel.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 20:37:09 PM »
Very Sadly Clan Cats no longer on this side of the Bridge but thought of with laughter and tears most days

Clan Cats No Longer with us      
Toerag    Black   He was a little one of these all 20lbs of him

Tiger    Feral Tabby   Named after my slippers and in his golden years a text book diabetic

Bert   Black   Came from CP as a golden oldie with that name

Moose   White and Black   Came from CP as a golden oldie with that name

Hissy Holly   Tabby feral   Came home the night before I burried my Mother - she was FIV+ and noone wanted her but my OH set up the pen and she came home to us forever

Haggis   Ginger Ninja     Named by the folks we adopted him from - their son was 3 and thought it suited him

Sailor   Ginger and White feral   One of our former fosters who came back - FIV+ who loved humans in his last months with us and mastered the outside world

Baby Archie   White and black   Archie was used as a football and noone wanted him he had only 1 glorious year with us and died of cancer aged 1

Gem   Naughty Tortie   Came to us as a rescue prgnant to her brother and sadly died from FIP with Star, Cairo and Shanghai her kittens but left us her daughter Baby Beijing who is a Corona carrier

Breeze - Black and White Border collie who literally ran like the wind
Jazz -  Parsons Jack Russell cause she was all that Jazz and my little pocket rocket who controlled all her Border Collie boys - they were in awe of her at 6kgs they all outweighed her but one look was all it took! :rofl:
There are more to come from the Clan but it takes a while to type up the current 46 and the boys on missions without permission
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 20:41:05 PM by Liz »
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 19:56:01 PM »
Ever since I got my mind set on adopting a cat as we were preparing to move into a larger flat 2 and half years ago, I fancied calling my new kitty Oliver (as in Oliver Twist), as I was thinking of adopting a rescued street urchin.  As it turned out as a result of extensive surfing on the net, this wee guy named "Silvestro" (Sylvester in italian) just stole my heart and it HAD to be him.  He was NOT a street urchin as I imagined he was well cared for by a nice girl in the south of our province.  She already had 8 cats in the house and they were hostile to him and his little siblings so she was looking for a home for them.  (their mother was semi-feral the girl was feeding regularly, and she was spayed afterwards.)
So, I started to look for some other names, but when I finally met him he did certainly had the "look of Oliver" and any other names wouldn't sit well... probably because of my already fixed idea.  So he became Oliver anyway.
However he earned a series of nicknames in the last 2 years and 4 months and seldom called Oliver in reality.  Some of the most consistent, well loved nicks being Cicci or Ciccio (sort of "pudge" in italian) or Pupi (wee laddie).

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 19:44:24 PM »

My Dad had a theory you should never name a cat anything you are embarrassed to shout at 3 am when they wont come in!

A wise man - and why when my then 3 year old daughter suggested she might call her new kitten "Splodge-Face" ,we opted for "Lucky" instead  :rofl:

A relative of mine had two cats called Pax and Tam... but the other way round ;)  Imagine going out and shouting that? Then there was Sponge, Pudding and Custard that another relative had :)  And I thought we had daft names for ours.

a friend of mine had a cat named chlamydia  :-:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 19:46:24 PM by snarf »

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 19:24:16 PM »

My Dad had a theory you should never name a cat anything you are embarrassed to shout at 3 am when they wont come in!

A wise man - and why when my then 3 year old daughter suggested she might call her new kitten "Splodge-Face" ,we opted for "Lucky" instead  :rofl:

A relative of mine had two cats called Pax and Tam... but the other way round ;)  Imagine going out and shouting that? Then there was Sponge, Pudding and Custard that another relative had :)  And I thought we had daft names for ours.

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 16:39:42 PM »
My two are a sister and brother called Sugar and Spice. They came with the names when we adopted them from the Birman Cat Club Welfare & Rescue, and we figured that after being called a name for 11 years we couldn't start calling them something else! :innocent:  It's funny, I wasn't keen on their names at first, but now I couldn't imagine them being called anything else! Also, my OH and I have a running joke when I make him a cup of tea in the morning. I say "Darling, would you like some extra Sugar in your tea?" and Sugar obediently jumps onto the bed to have her morning cuddle! ;D

Offline LucynLuna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 16:33:05 PM »
I named my two Lucy and Luna.  Lucy is a black cat, but as she was a girl I felt a bit bad calling her Lucifer, so it ended up as Lucy.  Luna is a grey/blue cat and so was named after the moon.

It was quite lucky for them that they were girls and very cute as I was looking up names for black and grey cats and came out with some great ones (if they were boys they were going to be pyewacket and grimalkin!).

Although they do tend to get called "my girls" more often than not, and also answer (when they want to of course) to sweetheart, darling and georgeous  :Luv2:

Offline Baby British

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 15:21:07 PM »
There are some really greatnames out there, I'm loving all the stories of how they came to be - keep em coming!

It's made me think back to the 3 cats we had when I was little. These 3 were responsible for igniting my passion for everything feline!

There was slipper (a beautiful longhair cream moggy with gorgeous green eyes) so called as we had him from when he was born and he and one of his siblings used to lie side by side and looked just like a pair of fluffy slippers!

Then we have Ranbow ( a tabby - one of Slipper's siblings ) who was given the name before it was realised that he was infact a she  :doh:

Lastly there was Digger who was the mother of the other two. She was originally to be called Kipper but I couldn't say this (I was only 3 at the time!) and preferred calling her Digger instead & for better or worse the name stuck!

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 15:04:39 PM »
Loving this thread! The Munchkin came to us as Monty which remains his official name but usually he's Munchkin, Munch or Pumpkin.

Our bridge baby, Uncle M, was Merlin when he was a kitten (named after Merlin the Happy Pig from Blackadder series 2!) but turned into Uncle M in his dotage.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Nova's full name is Verdicatz Supernova  :shy: I chose supernova as I wanted a dramatic name I could easily abbreviate.  He gets called my little chunkabunk  :)

Mia's full name is Verdicatz Kitty Blue  :tired: as Mum already had a cat called Blue and I like cats names to have two syllables so was asking friends for advice and Miaow was suggested which I shortened to Mia :)  My Dad wanted her to be called BOGOF as I'd been given her for free  :P ).

Mia gets call Moo-cat, Moo Moo, and nowadays she responds to Mooey quite a lot  :-[

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:23 AM »
Ooh what fun! I love choosing new names for pets.  In the past I've had - Polly, a white girl who was feared by everyone except me and liked sharing the pram with my baby daughter, Pepper, ginger and white, Honda, who purred like a motor bike, Pele and Zeko (named after footballers) Lily who was dainty and sweet.  At present there's Jasper and Jess, Jasper is named as he is big and black and gorgeous, Jess after Postman pat's cat.  Carrie was Tinkerbell when I got her but I thought I would sound a right twit shouting that to get her in.  Harvey is named after a  9 ft invisible white rabbit in an old James Stewart film and is the spitting image (except genderwise & Nature) of Polly my first cat.  My daughter has had Guinness (sadly now on the bridge) Murphy and Mackie (alcoholic theme there!) and the new babe Indie, after Indiana Jones. My other daughter has a gigantic rabbit called Colin after Colin Firth, and a b& w bunny, normal size, called Babushka.  I wonder if some psychologist somewhere could read anything in to our choices!!! :wow:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 09:51:42 AM »
Jess - he came from rescue with the name Jess, his previous owner called him Jess after Postman Pat's Jess, (Jess really does look like Jess though), we kept it as was ironic as I had always hated cats as a child (I'm ashamed to say) the only one I ever liked was Postman Pats cat, so we thought it was rather apt to keep the name. Plus poor Jess always gets mistaken for a girl, and what with his bladder issues and being afraid to wee its no wonder when people think his a girl.

Milo - was known as Ash in rescue (something to do with the name of the son of the person who found him as a stray). We changed it to Milo, it was Hubby's choice. I desperately wanted another cat as a friend for Jess, but Hubby didn't initially, then he came round to the idea but said only if he could name the new cat. So he came up with Milo his not sure why though.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »
Jaffa is Jaffa because, well, he's Jaffa coloured!  His brother Magpie was Magpie coloured  ;)

Mosi is Mosi because it's a swahili name meaning first born and Mosi is a Somali (I looked for Somali names but none sounded right so I settled for Swahili) and he was the first of his brothers and sisters to be born.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 00:35:01 AM »
Smartie was called Spartacus - didn''t feel like shouting that out -i somehow knew he was a Smartie  and he answered it !!
Sophie was Sophie from CP and she looks like a Sophie - Sophie Rose is her Sunday name.
Winston was called Wispa - he is not quiet !!!
 I just tried to think of something beginning with W- the only name i could come up with was Winston -he loves Cat-nip cigars -so appropiate really  ( gets called Willie as well as when my Great neice was very small i told her he was called Wee Willie Winston ! )
Phoebe just got shortened to FiFi.
Bridge Babies
Bungly was aready Bungle when i got her and she wouldn''t answer to anything else- i tried Bonnie, Blossom and she ignored them but loved to be called Bungly ( Bungly bum bum !!)
Oscar- only a 8 week old white kitten when i got him -already decided on him being Oscar .
Sacha -long-hair black and White kitten - a friend called her that one .
Leo - golden persian - rescued him -can''t remember what they called him .
Max- little chinchilla was already named and it suited him.
Bonnie - little blue persian i rescued and knew that was her name .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 00:37:09 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 23:56:19 PM »
Pepsi was originally going to be called either Darcy or Muffin but when she got here she didn't really suit either of those. So wed looked on a website of cat names and as soon as OH said Pepsi I got a big grin on my face, and knew straight away that this was her name  :) I suppose with her colouring she does look like a shaken up can of Pepsi :evillaugh:

Byron is a lovely name for a cat! I think if I ever got a male cat I'd call him that or Darcy, I love the old literary names  :Luv2:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 23:51:41 PM »
Lettuce was called Scratch when I first got her at 5 or 6 months. I knew that wasn't going to stay. She was a daft silly kitten and I was watching an ad on TV for lettuces and they were shaking frisee lettuces which I thought looked silly. Silly frilly - Lettice, with an I. An old English girls name - until I spelt it wrong and she been  a salad vegitable ever since!

Zareth - ask Pinkbear!

Bridge Babes

Domino and Chequers, 2 feral kittens fron my local CP. My Dad named Domino cos she was black and white. Chequers was tabby and white and Amererican chequers is played with either black and white or brown and white pieces so kept the games theme.

Bill a 15? year old black and white boy who had no end of problems. I had a dream about a black and white cat called Bill about a week before he arrived. It suited him. A blokes bloke.

Hero - when I first met him I was told he was a bit of a christian cat (?) as he always let the other eat first. So my ex called him Hero. However, when we got him home all that changed and he was a typical tom with Domino and Chequers.

Skater another black and white tom who had been in an rta and had his rear end damaged. He used to walk and run like a speed skater so the name stuck.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 23:53:09 PM by Pudding »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 21:46:36 PM »
Great thread!  :wow:

Jumpy = was a very nervous kitten and grew into a great big wuss. Jumpy by name, jumpy by nature.  :evillaugh:

Tilly = Came from Battersea Dogs Home complete with name.  :)

Bridge babes...

Tigger-Tiger-Tom-Mark-Moriarty. Or Tigger for short. Kids couldn't decide on a name so he got them all.  :rofl:

Lucy = small, hissy spit feral kitten grew up to be large, hissy spit adult. We thought the name was sweet so it balanced out her nature.  :tired: :evillaugh:

Tooshy = my first cat. A huge big full Tabby Tom with a terrible weaping absess who just walked in my door and set up camp on my sofa. He drained my fridge, my wallet (in vet fees!) and my heart because I couldn't turn him away in a state like that.  :'( :briggin: The name grew organically from abreviations of baby names "wooshy, mooshy, coochy, coo", that kind of thing.

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 21:27:39 PM »

when my then 3 year old daughter suggested she might call her new kitten "Splodge-Face" ,we opted for "Lucky" instead  :rofl:

That`s priceless. My nephew named their rabbit "Shaggy", fun when he was 5, but the lad`s nearly 16, and bunny still going strong :rofl: It`s a bit embarrassing at the vets when they call for "Shaggy Belle"! We did stop him naming the dog "Waggy" for similar reasons.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 20:55:58 PM »
Monty came with the name but we calll him 'Major Monty' and it really suits him, he's such a lovely old gent who would have had a military career if he'd been human. As for Oscar and Jasper, we just liked the names and Tabitha was called Tabitha when we adopted her, she was named in rescue becasue she was, you've guessed it... a tabby but we kept the name because we really really liked it.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 20:53:55 PM »

People Power Works!!!

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 20:51:01 PM »
Freddie - cos he`s a real cool due like Freddie Mercury. My ex was a Queen fan, and letting him name Freddie was the way I could have him!

Colin - just like the name.

Lily - after my mum and nan. I got Lily 3 weeks after my mum died. She`s a real tart, so also known as Lilo-Lil.

Gary - just seems to suit him. A bit of a yob on the qt.

Willow - he was a foster kitten I picked up via the free-ads. I was told he was a girl, so called him Willow and then an hour later found out otherwise. It stuck, and then I adopted him as Gary and he are such good friends. Aka my little Willy.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 20:49:31 PM »
Chloe arrived ready named  and answered to her name

Mr T, equally, arrived named - but as Tom or Thomas.  At first he tended to mark his new territory by spraying hence "Mr Tiddles".  But a friend suggested Mr T , partly because the "tiddling" had stopped and also as he was big and black,  so thats what he is here!!

OH calls him Timmy Tom-cat  :Crazy: 

Mr T doesnt care what hes called, as long as its not too late for his dinner!  ;) :evillaugh:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 20:39:30 PM »
Bear - was Teddy after Teddy Sherringham but he left Spurs so he became Bear  :evillaugh:

Willow -  just a lovely name

Issey - after my fav purfume

Lilly
Rocky
Fleur
Missy
- Issey's kittens, no reason for the names really

Lulu -  again no real reason

Lala - wasn't meant to be keeping her and she didnt have a name so i sorta sang lala to call her

Freddy J - The Freddy bit is after Freddy Flintoff....and just added the J coz it sounds good

Tramp - because he was a tramp lol a stray that turned up and never went away

Dooey Fin - is named after someone in the film School of Rock (my Son's idea)

Link to CatChat