Author Topic: Bad zooplus packaging - pics of latest delivery  (Read 10374 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Bad zooplus packaging - pics of latest delivery
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 02:43:32 AM »
Am I missing a trick here but why doesn't everyone get litter delivery by Tescos or Sainsburys?  :shify:

OH has sent all kinds of stuff around the world and we know about packaging. Putting something as heavy as 2 14kg sacks of cat litter in a cupboard box is just barking mad!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 02:25:22 AM »
I am happy to contact the Zooplus representative on behalf of Purrs members again about the packaging and if you like, send her the pictures that you have put up.

I looked at their site yesterday and thought that things were sent out from their UK warehouse and not from Germany because if you look at the postage and packing section, you can see all the points that stuff goes free.

I would not mention any members names of course. Last time she admitted they had problems but were being sorted out.....late deliveries and such but the packaging looks terrible.

Let me know.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 18:50:20 PM »
Well I obviusly spoke far too soon when I said Ihadn't had any problems with zooplus deliveries  :evillaugh:

I received my order today (delivered to work as normal).  The first box containing a large bag of Royal canin dry was fine.  However the two bags of golden grey cat litter arrived with a piece of cardboard with my delivery address on it sellotaped to one of the bags and that was it .... NO BOX whatsoever!  The driver informed me the box had collapsed completely as the contents were far too heavy for it ... so I was left standing in reception with two large bags of Golden Grey (thankfully intact) and a piece of cardboard!

Needless to say I have complained to zooplus.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 22:02:40 PM »
Oh I would complain without a doubt. I order bags of 15kg dog food and Migs rabbit stuff is usually 50+Kg or so and the packaging is exceptional. The boxes are always solid. I would expect exactly the same if it were international. There is simply no excuse for it.

Have to say that all these stories of bad packaging has put me off of ordering from zooplus. I just don't want to deal with a company like that  :shocked:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 21:49:06 PM »
You can always word your complaint in a non-complainy type way, call it 'feedback' or something along those lines, tell them that you thought you'd let them know as it would be awful if people stopped using their company because of the packaging or something.  Make it sound like you're being ever so helpful rather than complaining  :naughty:

I've had some pretty bad packaging from zooplus but never that bad!  I don't mind bodged packaging if it keeps their costs down, but I would like things to actually arrive in good condition  :Crazy:

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 21:15:50 PM »
That's really bad packaging.   I know you don't want them to stop delivering litter but they really should until they review their packaging of it - half of it is being lost anyway through split bags.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 20:58:16 PM »
Definitely complain, my latest complaint resulted in them saying they will refund £3 into my account.  I replied saying that was very nice but I'd rather they took on board my comments and started using stronger boxes for heavy deliveries  :tired:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 20:52:44 PM »
They just need to invest in some stronger boxes .... We ship stuff all over the world to exhibitions and most of it goes in cardboard boxes and it never arrives looking like that! (well not unless it's been kicked round an american airport!!!  :rofl: )

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 20:51:10 PM »
that's why I shop online - if it was just me, I would go to the supermarket but between cat litter and dog food I can not carry it - so online is the only sensible solution ...

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 20:49:25 PM »
I no doubt will complain but I do worry that they will start charging for delivery or stop delivering heavy items overseas.  I'd find it very difficult to get litter if they did as I can't carry anything other than one small container of litter on the bus.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 20:48:09 PM »
Complain ... unless people complain they will continue to do it.  

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 20:47:52 PM »
It won't get any better if you don't complain - either they will stop shipping or you will stop ordering - and why pay for half a bag?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Bad zooplus packaging - pics of latest delivery
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 20:43:53 PM »
I mentioned on another thread that the packaging on my most recent zooplus order was the worst yet.  Here's pics of some of the boxes.  For once, the litter was actually packed worse than the tins of food.  Obviously it's a weight thing - 2 14kg bags of cat litter are going to need a pretty strong box.  I am hesitant about complaining though in case they decide not to ship cat litter overseas!

This was one of the boxes - containing 2 bags of litter

I didn't need to open that one.  The litter just fell out the bottom  :shify:  I dread to think what it would have been like if I'd been out for the 2nd attempt at delivery and they'd taken it back to the depot.

The 2nd box also contained 2 bags of litter, but one had come open and been re-sealed with sellotape

Not good, is it?  >:(

Link to CatChat