Author Topic: What are our furries getting for Christmas?  (Read 9899 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: What are our furries getting for Christmas?
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 22:39:50 PM »
Hmmmm.....if anyone feels like selling me their bug in a jar I'd be interested! ;) (I think Asteroid would quite like it.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 22:30:11 PM »
No interest in the Bug Jar here either  :( they love the "thing in a bag" though  ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 22:21:25 PM »
Yesterday we had a mini Xmas for relatives I didn't see on Xmas day - the boys got three Whiskas stockings, a treat ball, two american football toys  :-: and best of all they unwrapped the cat fisher toy I won in the auction donated by http://www.mutleyandmog.co.uk/cat/cat-accessories/cat-toys/fishing-rod-reel  :wow:

This is the most amazing toy, the boys LOVE it.  They were racing up and down the garden chasing after it (it casts upto 40ft  :wow:) and it's great fun for the human to try and reel it back in quickly to stop them catching it  :evillaugh: I've been playing it indoors too and have now perfected my 'casting'!

Mia was convinced she was being fed two lots of wet food in one evening and was over the moon, I put the bowl down she stuck her nose in then straight away dipped her head back and stared at me in bemusement/shock/disgust  :rofl:

The four cats in this household all dislike it!

You could have been talking about Riley there  :evillaugh: What's this about 4 cats  :shify:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 21:10:22 PM »
Mia was convinced she was being fed two lots of wet food in one evening and was over the moon, I put the bowl down she stuck her nose in then straight away dipped her head back and stared at me in bemusement/shock/disgust  :rofl:

The four cats in this household all dislike it!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 21:00:44 PM »
...I suppose I should start pouring the turkey gravy down the sink  :shy:

I knew it - 'body swerve' is about right  :evillaugh: Lu wouldn't even sniff it and Riley let it touch his lips but swears he didn't swallow  :evillaugh:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008, 20:58:16 PM »
Well after the looking for something, I went into woolies and got them a pop up tent thing lol it has 2 tents and a tunnel to attach them and all for 10.99  ;D They are about 40 quid in argos  :briggin:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008, 20:47:36 PM »
...I suppose I should start pouring the turkey gravy down the sink  :shy:

Does anyone have a cat that likes it?

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2008, 19:37:34 PM »
They have two PAH stockings to open on christmas day, and their trusty laser pen and some mice :)

I hope there isn't any of that nasty turkey gravy in them - I guarantee it will go down the sink  :evillaugh:

Good point!

I'm about to open one of the gravy drinks and see how it goes - will get back to you all!

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2008, 18:34:14 PM »
They have two PAH stockings to open on christmas day, and their trusty laser pen and some mice :)

When we go back home they'll get to open their new presents which includes this

http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-1+cat/category-is-1k+toys/category-is-1k01+electronic/product-is-15018

I hope there isn't any of that nasty turkey gravy in them - I guarantee it will go down the sink  :evillaugh:

Too true - that nast gravy stuff gets the body swerve in my house too  :rofl: :rofl:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »

http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-1+cat/category-is-1k+toys/category-is-1k01+electronic/product-is-15018

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »

Oh, let us know how they get on with the bug in a jar - I've been wanting to buy mine one of those for ages but wasn't sure if they would be interested in it or not.

I wouldn't bother with the bug in a jar if I was you, mine aren't interested. Have had it on 3 times and they don't look at it. It's quite loud and that's putting them off I think

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »
Hopefully a new house with a catproof garden! (they dont have a garden at the mo) we were told last week that the person buying our place has finally sold his flat (very long story!!!)
and we can start officially looking for somewhere to buy. Though I think we willl bide our time at OH's mothers place so we can save even more  :shy:

yay new house!!

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 22:34:34 PM »
Got mine a new laser pointer as the last two died.

My in laws however always spoil our lot so they won't go without anything ;) Last year they got a treat container filled will treats and 3 fishing rod type toys and 2 little toys.

I did have a box of cat toys from the US which was left at the comic shop we go to every week and now they can't find it! If I ever get it back there's £25 worth of toys that I can donate to a rescue (toys have catnip and we can't have that in the house).

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 22:28:35 PM »
More kisses and cuddles from me, cos I just love her soooo much.  More toys for me to fall over and I've got her a new collar.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 21:02:58 PM »
It's our first furry Christmas  ;D and our furries definetely deserve presents! Unfortunately with the big present (ceiling cat tree) they will have to wait for few weeks, because we are moving the house very soon. But they will get some nice gourmet dinners, thrive treats and few toys to play with.

Offline littlekitty

• Adult Cat
Share your love, give a rescue cat a home.

xLYNNx

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 18:00:24 PM »
The deadly duo have a personalised blankie a piece courtesy of madkittyrescue and some pheasent feathers..

Her royal highness has a hyper bling collar with a little crown pendant and the Taj Majal tent from Ikea...

Lunch will be a share of the turkey and maybe a prawn or 2 (3-4-5 maybe more  :evillaugh:)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 15:18:39 PM »
I don't have anything in particular for the boys as Oscar doesn't like a lot of treats but I have it on the shopping list for Tesco tonight to get them some fancy food tonight for Christmas day and likewise for Nina.
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 15:00:13 PM »

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 14:09:03 PM »
Dinah is very difficult to buy for... :-:

But, I think she'll appreciate some chicken livers as a treat.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 22:36:51 PM »
Mine got a Penquin bed from PAH which I think must have catnip in it's little wings because they have gone berserk for it (Yes I know it's not Christmas yet, but if I had wrapped it up, they would have just gone berserk and probably pulled the whole christmas tree cage down to get it). 

I know one bed between the 28 upstairs cats is a bit mean but I didn't really want 28 penquins in my lounge  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 17:25:47 PM »
Nothing apart from Da bird, which I thought I'd get them to try, they don't really play now they are so old and have all they need really.  My sister usually buys them a big bag of food (which they share with the ferals of course!)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 17:26:25 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 17:10:41 PM »
Indy and Misha aren't getting a lot

Indy is getting a new roundabout toy with boingy mousie £6.90 on zooplus but £1.99 in Bargain Madness!!!  and a bag of goodies he won at the Burmese show on December 6th

Misha is getting his second vaccination on Christmouse Eve and a second goodie bag

their big present they are getting February which is access outdoors! am building a 15ftx18ftx8ft enclosure half with a roof, half just mesh roof and an outdoor junglegym... basically am enclosing the patio... and the reason so large is so still room for Max to go outside in it too (the dog)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 14:31:11 PM »
Having recently taken on an almost completely black cat - - -  there is one kitty who has just had a bright yellow fluorescent collar as an early Christmas present. 

Reason? 

Because in the evening, when I only have a reading light on, Ive nearly sat on him twice and tripped over him once!!   :shocked: :rofl:
And If I ever get the tree up (I meant to do it at the weekend and other things sort of happened ....) the kitty pressies will go under it.  How long the wrapping will last Im not sure ....  :) There are two kitty stockings from their  very kind Aunty Helen, too!  And Ive just bought two little Gourmet Golds  for their dinner.   BIG pressie for Mr T(our black chap) and for us was him moving in with us full time :Luv2:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 13:36:16 PM »
I've just been to the pet shop and got more things  :shocked: I got a catnip toy, a Pet Stages shake, rattle and roll toy and some Pussy Lawn (that name makes me chuckle in a really juvenile way).

So Dave is well and truly spoiled this year! Guilt for the fact I'll be leaving him for a few months next year I think  :-[

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »
Mine have got some nice dinners, some little toys some temptations and other treats in their stockings and then I'm off to buy some new fishing rod type toys today (naughty dyson broke their fave one a couple of weeks ago and I promised to replace!) and then I'm also on the hunt for a nice new scratcy tower. A bit of a last min thing as we decided that although the other two seem quite happy with the two towers they have, Jasper wants one that's a bit higher! Pampered cats!!!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
Lets just say they are getting Lots of things and prawns on the Menu (the Benglies cant eat Turkey because it gives them "Bengly Bum")

I bought double all their food at the weekend and dontated half to our local rescue and some new beds.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
Well the cats have 3 new radiator beds, several new fluffy beds and more toys than PAH, also we are having an Applaws tea and a new RC Biscuit - lets hope they like the RC as its a 15kg bag!

The dogs have got chewies, pigs ears, Jazz has a new bed, Sky has 2 new footballs and Sunny has a toy hammer and some squeaky things -he is also getting his fuinal booster today so he can visit his Grandad for the first time on Saturday!

In fact they have more pressies than we do currently! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 23:52:32 PM »
Mine aren't getting anything at all. Instead they have spent their Christmas money on a parcel that I'll be taking down to Sunny Harbour in January on their behalf (they can't drive  :evillaugh:).
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 21:52:04 PM »
My lot have a set or spark plugs and leads for an MR2 :(  At leat that's where the money I would have spent on them and myself over xmas has gone sadly.  Bloody car has cost me a fortune this year and on Tuesday I took it in to get the spark plugs replaced (£28 fitted) as it wasn't running properly but they called me back and told me the leads were also knackered so it ended up costing £108 ... needless to say I have had to cut back and kitty pressies are one of the things on the list.

Sorry babies .... but mummy loves you very much and I promise to make it up to you  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 21:42:33 PM »
I got misty an early xmas pressie " a bean bag bed " (which he doesn't even look at )  >:(
and I've ordered 20 tins of Pitr-pat "candy" for cats  ;D just hope they get here on time  :doh:

He just  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: em  :evillaugh:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 21:19:04 PM »
My furries have got a bug in a jar and a panic mouse, plus some valerian and honeysuckle bits and pieces to see how they react to it, and for Meeko cos I think he'll be scared of the bug and the mouse. He's a timid boy and doesn't like things that move by themselves. He doesn't like balls either cos they move too fast and he's too lazy to chase them. He likes little things he can push about at his leisure. I'm so excited to see Belle especially with the bug in a jar cos he goes mad for flies, or even pieces of fluff that look like flies.

Haven't got their xmas dinner yet.

Oh, let us know how they get on with the bug in a jar - I've been wanting to buy mine one of those for ages but wasn't sure if they would be interested in it or not.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 20:50:40 PM »
God I feel a right tight meowmy but I cant afford a stocking for each one so they have to share :shy:  Got their Christmas food sorted though,Christmas morning is sheba foil tray,christmas lunch is tesco luxury chicken fillets and tea will be gravy and beef with their gourmet perle and supper if will be felix fish selection,same for boxing day and new years day :)
Love me,love my animals.

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 20:46:51 PM »
Macey would love that butterfly in the shop but they are sold out. Pets at home I think its going to be. Although I found that Willows range there which is quite good. I got Ollie a couple of catnip cushions, just small ones and they were 1.99 each. He loved having a good scoot after sniffing those lol

Offline Ticky

• Adult Cat
  • Me and Sydney
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 20:45:22 PM »
You guys are making me feel awful!  My Sydney is so easy to please, it never occurred to me to get him anything in particular for Christmas.  Although I made the horrid mistake of introducing him to Fancy Feast cat food.  His sister moved out of the house with my 20-year-old daughter a month ago, and they shared a food bowl.  He didn't eat for days after she left.   :(  I decided he needed a treat, and hopefully something that would renew his appetite.

Now the Fancy Feast issue is  . . . an issue.    >:(  He very nearly clotheslines my feet in the morning to get his morning can.  So it looks like it is going to be a daily ritual (and an expensive one!!  >:( ).  The local grocery store offers a box of 24 cans which includes a little crystal dish, so I think this will be Sydney's Christmas gift.  *sigh*  :tired:

But hey, he deserves it.  This cat is seriously the most loving cat.  I rescued him from a house fire of a close friend (who died in the fire  :'( ).  He was in kitty intensive care for a week, on IVs and kitty oxygen.  Oh it was awful, but he survived.  He only had a 50/50 chance at the time.  Since he's been in our home he insists on at least 3 daily sessions of serious luvin' -- head butts and muffins on my shoulders and arms and kisses.  And he pets my hair.  It's positively darling.
"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, that's the essence of inhumanity." ~ George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Essayist

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 20:14:32 PM »
My furries have got a bug in a jar and a panic mouse, plus some valerian and honeysuckle bits and pieces to see how they react to it, and for Meeko cos I think he'll be scared of the bug and the mouse. He's a timid boy and doesn't like things that move by themselves. He doesn't like balls either cos they move too fast and he's too lazy to chase them. He likes little things he can push about at his leisure. I'm so excited to see Belle especially with the bug in a jar cos he goes mad for flies, or even pieces of fluff that look like flies.

Haven't got their xmas dinner yet.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 19:23:17 PM »
Mine have got some new catnip toys and Da Bird with accessories, but I didn't get round to buying them any heated beds. They will have some nice food as well. It's quite hard to do anything more with JEannie and Norman being so poorly.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 19:14:36 PM »
Lu and Riley are getting the fishing rod toy (casts up to 40ft  :wow:) and their Auntie has bought them a Whiskas stocking each.  I caved in and gave them a few pressies early, they have already had the racing car bed and another bed  :shify: but they haven't set foot in either  :innocent:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 18:47:17 PM »
I have cat beds that dont get used, oh sorry Ollie like to sleep in Lyla's princess bed lol and a da bird, pondering wether I want my kittys to start smoking, although its only Ollie that likes the nip.

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 18:30:28 PM »
My 2 are getting a new bed and Da Bird toy - and some nice fancy wet food.  I will probably end up bringing them some turkey home from their gran/grandpa's too.   ;D

Link to CatChat