Author Topic: prays needed  (Read 10599 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: prays needed
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 15:29:25 PM »
Thanks i will look it up straight away :thanks:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 15:26:41 PM »
I do petal, and I can tell that you're  instinctively in tune with your animals too, which is a great start for learning to heal.  You might also like to read up on a technique called the Tellington Touch, which works very well with horses and dogs.   :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 15:20:11 PM »
Im looking into alternative medicine and also the healing side of things, obviously if its anything serious then a vet would be a priority but i feel that a lot of things can be treated naturally, my animals are my life     :Luv2: and i would never ever do anything to put them at risk ,but it will take me a while to trust another vet,i know my animals and know what they are thinking before they even think it, i also get a gut feeling when something is wrong :sick: the same as i knew with Meg that the drug she was on was killing her, but the vet said if i stopped it immediately it would kill her,but by then it was too late, she had classic signs of overdose and died :(this new vet diagnosed Ninja with pneumonia infact he had a mass on his lungs, diagnosed 24hrs later and died 16hrs later,so now do you see why i have no faith in vets, the majority only seem to be in it for the money and not the well being of the animal

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 15:01:55 PM »
I think you'll enjoy learning about healing, especially with animals, Bonnielass.  It can be very rewarding, and it debunks the old myth that it's "faith healing" because it's not.  I would rule out nothing provided it caused no actual harm, because our babies are too precious to give up on.

I'd still have a word with your vet though and discuss your concerns about the treatment for Ninja and why you feel it's an issue.  You need to be able to either build up that trust with them again in the event of future dealings with them, or to move on and find a vet you can trust.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 14:53:00 PM »
I think it's marvellous that the healing is working well for Snuggs but I am sure you will also keep Snuggs monitored by your vet

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2008, 14:25:14 PM »
Hi up until a few weeks ago i was very sceptical about the practise of healing as you hear so many conflicting reports, but after i lost Meg ( my collie) i used the internet to access information about various drugs that are used both in cats and dogs and what i read  was very disturbing in some instances,the worst cases involving both Metacam and PREDNISOLONE,, I became concerned with the amount of antibiotics and steroids were being used, and while i agree in some cases they are a necessary thing i also feel that a lot of vets prescribe them willynilly( i know im going to get some flack for this ) as i know from my experience with Ninja, he was prescribed drugs the day before i lost him :'(i didnt know till later on that the vet had told my neighbour(he brought him back from the vets on sat ) that she didnt expect him to last the night, so why prescribe drugs that were absolutley no use, (antirobe and prednislone) antibitotic and steroids,, when Snuggs became unwell i took het to the vets and she was given a 2 day antibiotic and a steriod injection, which did absolutely nothing for her,i contacted Annie Marston who i had previously met several weeks before at another ladies house who was having some healing done on her cat and explained about Snuggs, she has done several healing sessions with her and now she is a lot happier, without drugs, she is playing again and is almost back to her old self,i am very impressed with Annie and would have no qualms about recommending her, she is also going to teach me about healing,

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 13:29:59 PM »
Hello Bonnielass

Have just been catching up with this thread and am so sorry to hear of the problems you and Snuggs have undergone.

This is particularly hard for you coming so hot on the heels of your recent losses too, and I really feel for you.

Am very interested in your experiences of the distance healing for Snuggs.  Am a registered NFSH healer myself and a reiki practitioner in my spare time.  I've used healing in the past on my own animals, with varying degrees of success, and they've reacted very positively to hands-on healing that I've been able to give them.  I would normally recommend using healing in conjunction with conventional treatment and wanted to say, don't be put off speaking with your vet or challenging their diagnosis or treatment if you feel there's grounds for doing so.

As some on here will know, I've had some very lively discussions with my own vet when I've not been happy with a suggested course of action or I've wanted more information.    Even if you ultimately feel you need to change veterinary practices then I wouldn't hesitate.  Christine's suggestion's a good one if anyone seeing this lives near you and could provide any recommendation.

Am sending hugs to you and to Snuggs   :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
I do understand how painful your experiences have been and my heart goes out to you, bonnielass  :hug:.  But I would beg you to find a vet you can trust for little Snuggs.  Perhaps one or other of our members can recommend a good one that they use if you let us know your area?

:hug: to Snuggs too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 22:07:47 PM »
I would never jepordise the health of any of my animals, but im afraid my experience over the last  6 weeks with vets :( has done little to give me confidence in them and if i can find an alternative method without risking their well being i certainly will do so

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 21:53:10 PM »
Well, you will forgive my cynicism about that, bonnielass, but I am thrilled that Snuggs is doing better for whatever reason.

I really cannot stress enough that anyone concerned about the health of their cat should consult a veterinary practitioner in the first instance.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that Snuggs continues to prosper  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 21:33:06 PM »
 :thanks: for asking she is doing a lot better, ,she is eating quite well now, and she actually wanted to play the last 2 nights ;Di she has not been back to the vets, instead she has been having distance healing by Annie Marston and altho i wasnt to sure at first im now convinced its working,  she is much happier ;D and her ears are not weeping half as much as they normally do, and its now 10 weeks since her last long  lasting injection (normally lasts 6/7 weeks) and apart from that 2 day one 2 weeks ago she has not had any other medication so im sure its down to Annie

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 20:39:28 PM »
How is Snuggs doing?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2008, 21:07:24 PM »
Glad to hear Snuggs is doing OK ... fingers crossed she will continue to improve xxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008, 20:11:00 PM »
thank you all for your support its really appreciated, Snuggs was so much better yesterday but seems to be having an off day today, she has only eaten a little bit altho she seems reasonably bright, the good news in  this healing seems to be working on her ears with the poylips,she is not shaking her head so much and its only weeping a little bit and not continously like it was before so fingers crossed

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »
Glad she seems to be doing OK
Please spay your cat

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »
Hi Sandra,

That's great news, I am so pleased Snuggs is eating better give her a  :hug: from me. Suzie is doing really well, she's still eating very well, she polished off the better part of 5 tins of her favourite flavours of Hi-Life yesterday late afternoon/evening/overnight/this morning and she is more energetic.

I'm a believer in healing, I once had a back problem years ago and had healing after the pain killers didn't help and it really worked and the pain virtually dissapeared.

All the best

:Luv:

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »
That's good news.  Hope Snuggs continue to improve

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 22:48:27 PM »
Hi Leigh, she is a bit better     :thanks: over the last 2 days,has eaten quite a bit plus had some cream,ive been having some healing done on her as an alternative to injections and it seems to be working, shes happier and her ear also seems to be drying up  instead of weeping all the time.so we will see how it goes,hows Susie doing?is she still going along okay,i hope so and im sending her some of these healing vibes fron Annie and a big hug for her :hug:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 12:08:50 PM »
Hi Sandra,

How is Snuggs doing today?

:Luv2:

Leigh

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 19:59:38 PM »
While i agree with you to a point i usually always go with my gut feeling, and 99% of the time i have been right, the symptons Meg had were classic overdose and while my vet agreed that it was the tablets causing her symptons he said he stood by his diagnosis,but according to the internet 1 overdose wouldnt kill but prolonged use would, she was on it for 5 days at 50mg per day instead of the recommended 10mg,i still feel if i had taken her off them she may just have pulled through, after the transfusion she was fine it was only when they put her on the prednosolone that she deteriated

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 19:48:59 PM »
i can understand you not liking vets very much BL, but they aren't all that bad. Excessive drinking is a normal side effect to steroids though. Sadly sometimes vets get it wrong - but if you think about it, they are expected to know a lot - we wouldnt go to our regular GP for a dental or a hysterectomy, would we? And they are dealing with health issues, which aren't always text book.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 19:32:35 PM »
when i took Ninja to the vets the first time on the friday he was having difficulty breathing, but no runny nose, eyes, sneezing or wheezing, she gave him an anti inflammitary injection also antibiotics, during the night ,he detereated so he went back to the vets on sat morning where the other vet in the practice said it wasnt pnuemonia and immediately had an x-ray done,it showed that Ninja heart was on the wrong side of his body( the right side ) and that there was a mass pushing everything up which was restricting his breathing, hence the panting she gave me antirobe tablets and also prednisolone tablets, as he was having difficulty  breathing i pointed out it would be very hard to get these into him,so she told me to crush them and give to him via the syringe with the formula she had given me to try and get him to eat(it was like broth ) at 4am on sunday morning i had to take him to an emergency vet to be pts as he rapidly went down over the course of the day, 4 weeks previous to that i lost Meg (my dog ) she had auto immune disease, they first of all thought it was her spleen causing an internal bleed, when they operated they found it wasnt but in fact her body was turning on itsself and destroying her red blood cells, on tues she was very ill and wed morning they did an emergency blood transfusion, wed she was like a new dog, bouncy, full of life,she was also put on prednisolone,thurs night she was lathargic, didnt want to know me or her sister(raps) i couldnt believe it was the same dog,her muzzle was swollen to 3 times its size she was panting like there was no tomorrow and drinking water for england, the vet said i could take her home as she would probably pick up better at home, when i did so she just laid in her bed completely out of it, by friday night she was so weak she couldnt stand up, she wet herself and couldnt get out of it, i rang the my vet and told him what she was like, i said she seemed to be drugged up, he said that was a side effect of the prednisolone, i asked him if i couls stop them as i wasnt very happy,he told me if i stopped them it would kill her as they have to come off slowly,that was at midnight, 10hrs later she died, i wasnt with her because i had to work, luckily she was with my neighbour at the time of death, when i checked on the internet for prednisolone it said the max  dosage for a dog was 5mg   with 12 hr intervals, Meg was on 25mg  x2 a day she had all the classic symptons of an overdose, exsessive panting, drinking,, swollen muzzle,lose of balance, lethargy,,i ended up with a bill of over £600, they then refused to treat anymore of my animals until i paid the bill,so i went to a different vet , the rest as they say is history,thats wht i dont trust vets.im sorry this is so long but i was trying to explain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 18:19:09 PM »
I would caution only that lung disease is very difficult to diagnose - my friend has a mass on her lung which was suspected to be cancer but turned out to be a persistent infection.  It took X rays, a bronchoscopy and a CT scan to determine this, though, so personally I would not be too hard on the vet(s) if they offer differing opinions.  Just my caution, as I say.

Re medication, I have recently taken the decision to put Blip (10 years old) on Metacam because, to be brutally honest about my own decision, I would rather her life was shorter and pain-free than longer and suffering from the pain of arthritis.  If something works, it can have side effects but every individual is different.

Anyway, hugs to you both.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
I would change vet too.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
i would certainly look for a new vet, and hope that it can be sorted. What were the meds? Do bear in mind everything has side effects, even steroids can affect liver and kidneys.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:54:30 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
sounds as if you & Snuggs have real problems and I'm so sorry. It's so important to have total confidence in your vet when your cat is unwell. I hope you can find someone good and understanding. All the best to you and Snuggs.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 22:21:58 PM »
Not to good, the vet wanted to give her some tablets that i have read bad reports about ,the same as Metacm, they can cause liver/kidney failure so i refused,she is actually a little bit brighter today and has managed to eat quite a bit of turkey mince today, but i think the problem is with her teeth, she had several teeth out  a while back but ive noticed when she eats you can hear her grinding her teeth,so im going to leave her for a few days and see how she goes ,then im going to find a new vet as i dont have confidence in this one anymore,especially after Ninja,as i said to Leigh how can one vet in the practice diagnois pneumonia on friday then the other say its a mass on his lungs( x-rays confirmed this ) on sat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 22:09:38 PM »
How did Snugg's visit to the vet go today?

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 20:12:19 PM »
this morning she wouldnt eat so as i knew i was going to be out all day at work i managed to get 8ml of high concentrate formula down her (not without a fight) then she ate about an ounce of turkey mince,tonight ive managed to hand feed her about 2 ounces of turkey mince so at least she has had a bit more today,im back at the vets monday so hopefully they will be able to do more for her fingers crossed

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 19:59:16 PM »
just seen this thread too. I hope Snuggs keeps eating, even if it's just a little bit. All the best  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 19:48:00 PM »
just got home from work,Snuggs hasnt eaten anything while ive been out but ive managed to get a little bit of turkey mince down her by hand feeding, will try again in a little while

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 18:07:37 PM »
Yes, that sounds promising, keep us posted  :hug:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 14:38:22 PM »
Sorry I have only just caught up with this thread.  Glad Snugs has eaten a little during the night,lets hope the medication the vet has given has started to work :)
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 13:41:19 PM »
That's wonderful Sandra, must be such a relief. Keep it up for your mummy snuggs

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »
Oh thats fantastic news, hopefully he will get stronger and stronger now.  I ll keep everything crossed for you.  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
Great news Sandra  ;D

When my Clapton had his steroid jab, he was barely eating - he was skin & bone -  but over a few days, his appetite built up and he hasn't looked back - he eats more than all the others thesedays despite having CRF. Even though her appetite may being coming back. Like us I suppose their stomach shrinks when they haven't been well - so little & often is probably the way to go.  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 07:12:33 AM »
Good morning,

That's excellent news Sandra, looks like the medicines are starting to take effect, it's so lovely when they start to feel better and get their old ways back. Suzie's been doing the same and joining me on the bed a bit more. Funny how Snugs is so much like Alfie, he's my first white/tabby cat he always looks very very "persil" white clean.

I'm going out for the day with my mum but will catch up with your news later. I'm keeping eveything crossed that Snugs feels better and continues to enjoy her food.

All the best

Leigh

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 05:41:59 AM »
Update for snuggs, this morning i have managed to coax her into having a little bit of chicken, it wasnt a lot but she ate it thats the main thing and during the night she jumped up onto the bed and snuggled down with me for a while , she has nt done this for about 5 days so hopefully we may have turned a corner ;D

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 21:00:12 PM »
Keep your chin up and remember we are all going to say a prayer tonight im sure for Snuggs.
Hopefully when the medicine kicks in there will be a change.
XX for Snuggs.  XX for you.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 20:50:35 PM »
Thinking about Snuggs and hope she picks up soon :hug:

Link to CatChat