Author Topic: What's the daftest thing you've done to accommodate your puds?  (Read 10047 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: What's the daftest thing you've done to accommodate your puds?
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 14:43:58 PM »
if he was a nice man he'd understand Gillian

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 14:43:14 PM »
Well I don't know if this is the daftest thing - but I cancelled a date on Saturday, because of Sam having all the tests and procedures done at the vets on Wednesday and his diagnosis. Was worried about leaving him that long. Expect I've blown it now, but such is life LOL!  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 13:04:39 PM »
Well we had to give up a £80 john smedley top after robinson managed to snuggle down on it  :doh:.

I know that one as well .... when I found Zephyr and Foxy both asleep on my new black cashmere jumper (remember Foxy and Zephyr NEVER sleep together usually) which one of them had very kindly pulled off the radiator!!!!!!  Needless to say I have never been able to get all the hairs off the jumper and it is now my "decorating" top!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 13:03:30 PM »
definately cutting down everything in the garden to cat proof - wouldn't be without it though!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »
The only problem with moving to the sofa to allow them the bed is that they then transfer to the sofa. Mine do at any rate. Their priority is not the bed, it is you!

Mine do that - I've figured out they come in to get me up and if there's any chance of my partner getting any sleep I have to go downstairs to the settee and snooze on there. That way everybody's happy - my partner gets some sleep and the cats get to jump on me when they feel like it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline gregw

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 01:01:56 AM »
Well we had to give up a £80 john smedley top after robinson managed to snuggle down on it  :doh:.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 00:38:57 AM »
I also have a pint glass on the worktop filled to the brim at all times for Rossi (something I failed to mention to an ex who thought I had just filled it with cold water for him and proceeded to pick it up and drink it - I didn't bother mentioning it was a cat glass until he had finished drinking  ;) ... he wasn't impressed!!!!  :rofl: ).
Not surprised he's an ex....
how dare he drink Rossi's water!!  :rofl:

Dinah has her own Hoegaarten glass filled with water.  She's taken to "asking" (i.e. telling!) us to put water out for her in a hole in our back yard - her favourite new drinking spot.  She also eats on the bed sometimes.  I'm so glad it's not just us!!

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 22:44:22 PM »
I have often spent the night on the couch when Henry isn't very well. On Henry's first night he woke us at 6am and OH got up and sat with him in living room for an hour in case he was lonely. Best is when my sister got married and my parents offered to pay for 2 nights accomadation, I had to go as I was bridesmaid but OH refused to leave cats 2 nights in a row as he didn't trust neighbour to give Henry his medication. He complains they are too spoiled but we bring it all on ourselves.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 22:19:56 PM »
First night Lexy was home with me, I slept in the living room on the floor with her since she was still afraid to come out.. not even a few hours in the house and she knew she was queen bee

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 22:15:02 PM »
I often end up with a tiny sliver of bed as foxy spreads out under the duvet with me.  I also have a pint glass on the worktop filled to the brim at all times for Rossi (something I failed to mention to an ex who thought I had just filled it with cold water for him and proceeded to pick it up and drink it - I didn't bother mentioning it was a cat glass until he had finished drinking  ;) ... he wasn't impressed!!!!  :rofl: ).

You all know that when we Foxy and I are sunbathing I have to take a large towel out for her to lie on ... she doesn't like lying on hard surfaces.  :innocent:

Of course I have done the sleeping on the floor with poorly kitties etc.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 22:12:45 PM »
Like most I think its gotta be the bed and when I had one cat , she used to take over the bed and now I have four I am lucky cos it only one, the smallest one who decides where I am allowed to lie or put my head. I really cant understand how he manages to take up so much room and why he has to have me facing him.

If I turn over he will bounce over my head and change sides and he like to lie on top of my head with a foot pushing and a tail flapping my face. Failing that he will stretch out to his longest position including tail stretched out across the bed so its impossible to get in without sitting on some part of him.

He will look at me as to say be careful you can see me here, so dont lie on me and then turns away and ignores me.

This morning after a restless night due to lack of space, Franta decides he will move in too and he does it so gently, just a little push here and a little push there, then a wiggle and paws on my arm. If I open my eyes I look into a pair of dark blue eyes and he will then rub my face and give an extra little push and wiggle to get himself in the right place. When I woke up he had gone and Ducha had taken his place, start to think that I am just not seeing the right colours!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 22:05:09 PM »
When Mosi was little I used to lift him up every day so that he could have a play with the light cord in the bathroom  ;D

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 21:57:43 PM »
I've been reading some of these posts to OH to prove that it's not just me/us!  Daft = love  ;D  !!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 21:43:48 PM »
When Sooty (RIP) got old, he could no longer use the catflap without having a step placed on the outside...unfortunately the door was outward opening and the step  meant that we couldn't open the door...so we bought a new inward opening door  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 20:04:05 PM »
Most things I do in a roundabout way involve Max, all flats/houses I've moved into have been because they have lots of stairs, which are brilliant for his exercise being an indoor cat.  I've not had a holiday since I adopted him in 2000, but to be honest I'm not that bothered about that, its all money I can never really afford anyway, so not daft I guess lol!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 19:51:00 PM »
I can't allow them to sleep on our bed as they jump around ALL night (having slept most of the day of course  :tired:) and Max lies right on my face. However we did buy a house in Cape Town that we didn't really like much, just because it was perfect for a cat run, whereas other nicer houses weren't.....does that count as 'daft'?!!!! Plus when they travelled to France by air, we spent a few hours with them so paid a day rate in the v expensive Hilton Hotel (which they approved of btw) in JHBurg so that they could have a nice rest before their onward journey  :-)
And we haven't got a sofa in our lounge in case the change upsets Swampcat, but instead have a grot futon with our only spare duvet on it and covered with a fleece - so it's low and soft (people can't sit on it, it's strictly for cats & is not too designer let's say). In fact, most decisions are run by the Feline Pawlitburo before approval  ;D

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 17:20:30 PM »
When Amber was spayed she came home and imediately jumped on the bed. That night I very carefully grabbed a pillow and the spare duvet and got on the settee. I woke in the morning with terrible back and neck ache and both Amber and Mogs snuggled up. I then realised Amber no longer had the collar on and didnt have all her stitches either  >:(
love
Tab

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 17:08:37 PM »
I tend to keep a fleece blanket around me at all times if Lirael wants to cuddle as she prefers to sleep under my legs when they are covered. Which makes for akward sleeping.

I fell asleep last night on my back and couldn't turn the light out because I couldn't reach it, Lirael & Smoke decided to lay on top of me and Penguin next to me while I was reading a book. So I had to sleep in that position... my book ended up on my pillow. And my husband turned the light off when he came to bed ;)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 15:57:58 PM »
SO MANY TIMES i HAVE BALANCED ON THE EDGE OF THE BED SO i DIDN'T MOVE AND DISTURB MY FURBABIES, MY LEGS HAVE GONE NUMB AND TINGLEY THROUGH NOT WANTING TO MOVE AND i HAVE SLEPT ON THE SOFA WHEN HAVE HAD A POORLY CAT ON THE BED i DIDN'T WANT TO DISTURB!

Opps sorry caps were on!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 15:58:27 PM by MrsR »

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 14:47:08 PM »
It amazes me how such a small kitty can take up so much room in a king sized bed!  Had to move to the sofa (had sis, her hubby and baby staying) on Friday night - small problem..............Smartie decided that she was joining me!  So hot and really loud purs.  Was so grumpy on Saturday due to sleep deprivation!!!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
I often lie back on the sofa in the evenings, and as soon as I'm horizontal Lexy's "mums-horizontal-radar" activate and I have an expectant puss standing next to the sofa within seconds. However, she refuses point blank to jump up onto me unless there is a blanket covering my legs. Seriously. Won't even budge. So even in the heat of the summer nights the last week or so, there is me, on the sofa with a blanket on my legs and a very warm, sweaty puss asleep on my legs. I have to have a wet towel nearby to cool her down.  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »
Clapton wasn't on the bed. Dennis was lying on the sofa with Clapton snoring away on him  :evillaugh: - It isn't unknown for him to have a cake and glass of milk by the sofa all evening as he can't sit up to have them. Cats rarely settle on me as I rarely sit down for more than a couple of minutes.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »
The only problem with moving to the sofa to allow them the bed is that they then transfer to the sofa. Mine do at any rate. Their priority is not the bed, it is you!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
During the winter OH stayed on the sofa all night so as not to disturb Clapton. A blanket had to be arranged just so as Clapton doesn't like being covered up  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:40:49 AM »
I have slept on the floor quite a few times with poorly cats, and also a few times with scared cats. Molly eats on my bed, as did Pebbles, and Zi has a few times. I have sat freezing cold mre than once cos of cats on my knee.
Please spay your cat

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
And you think I am a soft touch?  :rofl:

Binky was allowed to sleep on my head, no matter how hot or uncomfortable I got, and the first night we had him I sat up all night cuddling him in a chair so he could sleep... (he wouldn't settle on the bed and kept calling for his mum and siblings)

So maybe we are both equally mad!  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
What's the daftest thing you've done to accommodate your puds?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
I've done a few in my time, and am one of those who regularly ends up sleeping in odd positions in order to accommodate the cats.  But this hot weather is making that difficiult.  I woke up at about 3am last night and Jaffa was snoozing in his usual spot to my right.  Mosi was lying on my legs but when he sensed I'd woken up, he came up to the top and curled up next to me on the sheet, with his head resting on the pillow.  Cute, but just too hot so I inched away from him (slowly trying not to let him realise I was moving away from him!  ;D)  Unfortunately, as I moved he just sort of stretched further into the middle of the bed to fill the space I was creating (in that way that only cats have!) so that I ended up with a tiny strip of bed in the middle, and my head on the crack between pillows.  I couldn't do anything with my arms other than clamp them by my side.  I ended up getting up to cool down and seriously considered sleeping on the sofa.  After about 10 mins I had another go and managed to fall asleep.  I did wake up with a bit of a crick in my neck though.  They were both still snoozing away either side of me.  Am I mad to actually consider sleeping on the sofa so that the cats can have the bed?  :rofl:  Has anyone actually done that?

Link to CatChat