Author Topic: Advice on new wet food please?  (Read 9514 times)

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
Re: Advice on new wet food please?
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 17:27:05 PM »
Hello,

Just thought I'd let everyone know I bought 18 packets of the Bozita from Zooplus a few days ago, it arrived today and I have just fed them their "din dins". Well, they LOVE it! I am so pleased, as it's an absolute bargain so thankyou for reccomending it to me. It also seems a much higher quality food than the super market stuff that they hated (no wonder). I have have 4 boxes of the stuff so will probably give it to a charity, should they want it.

Anyways, I have a quick question regarding storage of open packets - should I keep them in the fridge? At the moment I am but wanted to check as they have had pouches before this.

Molly and Marble say thankyou, they really enjoyed their dinner!

Cathryn x

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 23:27:37 PM »
I feed either Hi Life Essentials (12 x 85g pouches for £2.88 in Asda), or Whiskas Oh So Meaty (around £3 for 12 pouches... but only by these when on offer cos they're usually over £3.50 per box otherwise).
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 22:20:21 PM »
Animonda carny is another high meat food from zooplus that is very economical.  It's quite high in fat - and therefore calories - so you don't need to feed as much as you would of most other foods.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 17:13:06 PM »
Hmm it does now, but when I went to pay, I had £32.90 and it was coming up with p & p

If you went through with the order and paid p&p you should email them and ask for it back!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 17:11:54 PM »
Hmm it does now, but when I went to pay, I had £32.90 and it was coming up with p & p
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 17:10:05 PM »
I went to order from Zooplus last week, and it had changed to £49 for free delivery.

I just looked and it's still says £29 - in more than one place as well, how odd  :shify:  Just did a pretend order which came to more than £29.90 and when you get to checkout is says no shipping fee.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 13:02:19 PM »
I feed Felix Kitten but that's more because my local Tesco had some boxes of the 12 foil cartons reduced to £1.04  :wow:

I got 5 boxes, so 60 cartons for £5.20... or 8.6p each   ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
I went to order from Zooplus last week, and it had changed to £49 for free delivery. my cats are really fussy with Bozita, I need somewhere that I can buy one carton of each flavour to see what they will eat!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 18:15:22 PM »
Oops must have missed that bit - well it deffinately sounds like something I am going to try very soon! Thankyou so much :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 18:00:14 PM »
It's supposed to be suitable for all life stages...

A complete cat food for all stages of your cat's life - from kitten to adult. Bozita is presented in smart, environmental packaging which is safe and easy to handle, open and reseal.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 17:53:56 PM »
That sounds really great and much better value. However I have just looked on Zooplus and they don't seem to do a kitten variety as far as I can see?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 17:27:16 PM »
I feed Bozita wet food, it's a Swedish food available from... you guessed it Zooplus  :evillaugh:  It has a high meat content and works out to be really economical.  I buy the 18 carton packs which are £11.60 (1 carton = 360g so almost 4 pouches).  That works out to 16p per 1/4 of a carton which is equivalent to 1 pouch - bargainous  :wow: Best of all it has high quality ingredients and the boys love it. 

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/bozita Zooplus do free delivery if you spend over £29 or just £2.90 otherwise - please don't forget if you do order from Zooplus to order through the link at the bottom of the Purrs page as the Purrs rescue fund will get 5% of your order total donated to it.

I'll happily send you a couple of cartons if you wanted to try it - in exchange for some new kitten pics  :evillaugh:

Bozita cat food is high quality full-diet cat food from Sweden. Due to the strict Swedish food-processing regulations, only first-class raw ingredients are used in Bozita.

A complete cat food for all stages of your cat's life - from kitten to adult. Bozita is presented in smart, environmental packaging which is safe and easy to handle, open and reseal.

Bozita products are made from quality Swedish meats, fish, shellfish and eggs. They are free from soy, grain and preservatives, and lean on fat - only 4%. Due to their high meat content, Bozita cat foods have a well-balanced profile of amino acids. Bozita meals are naturally rich in vitamins A, B and D, and also enriched with taurine. Vitamin A and taurine are essential for your cat's vision. Bozita dishes contain perfectly balanced Omega-3 fatty acids to promote a shiny and soft coat, and Vitamins C and E are added for their positive effects on the immune system, and for their natural antioxidant properties.

Bozita Chunks in Jelly features:

* Meat in an appetizing clear jelly
    * No soy proteins or grains
    * Free from artificial aromas and preservatives
    * No meat meal
    * Practical packaging

Another good one is Natures menu (70% meat available from PAH etc), I used to feed the boys this but since they prefer wet to dry it became quite expensive to feed them it.  I switched to Bozita and they haven't looked back.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
Advice on new wet food please?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on changing to a different sort of wet food. At the moment my kittens are on Hills Sience kitten food, and have been for over a month now. Unfortunately though I am finding it is costing me a fortune!! I reluctantly tried them on whiskers kitten food the other day, as you can get 2 boxes for the price of one box of the Hills Science plus another box as it was on offer. My kittens have obviously aquired and expensive taste though as they simply wouldn't touch it! I don't blame them, as it really doesn't look anywhere near as good quality as the Hills Science but I'd really like to find a cheaper alternative.

Can anyone reccommend me another brand of wet food they might like? I don't mind spending a bit but if it was a little less expensive than the Hills Science that would be great.

Thankyou!

Cathryn & the kit kats x

Link to CatChat