Author Topic: Advice on new wet food please?  (Read 9513 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Advice on new wet food please?
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 16:28:37 PM »
My lot prefer the chunks and so do i as the turkey pate tends to have lumps of tubing and other stuff i dont want to looking at early in the morning  :sick:

There was mention ages ago of rabbit flavour chunks in jelly but zooplus still havent got it   :(

Most foods will probably have pork in it, animal derivatives can be what they want  :sick:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:19 AM »
Just looked at the Bozita and it has a high pork content so I don't want to feed that after the vet advising cats shouldn't eat pork. I wondder if the Animonda has pork in?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
Wow you do well Liz! Our postman half the time doesn't even bring the parcels with him he just puts a note through the door saying we weren't in without even ringing the doorbell! I was not impressed when I had to go and collect 50kg of cat food on my own from the post office in May!  >:(

You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2008, 21:56:55 PM »
Parcelforce - our nice deliveryman came when we were out so he jumped over the paddock fence - we have electric gates, got the trolly from the garage and oput the 12 boxes in to the garage and put the trolley back in the right place and let no cats in to the garage during this delivery!

He also makes sure that he delivers on the Friday that Robin is off so I don't have to lift anything

DHL were a dead loss they couldn't find the house - I know its rural but they had been here before asnd my sister was the Scottish sales rep at the time so a nice call from her to the depot and they found the house at 7pm at night!!!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 20:34:59 PM »
 :thanks:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 20:33:49 PM »
The GLS (?) one is parcelforce at this end, t'other one is DHL.  I always go for the parcelforce option because my nearest DHL depot is miles away if  have to collect.  S'pose it depends on whether you've had good/bad experiences with either and how near your collection depots are should you need that option.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 20:14:14 PM »
Ordering some Bozita from Zooplus (via the link),  I can choose which courier to deliver it.  Does it make any difference to cost?  Which do you recommend? :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 16:10:20 PM »
Are the chunks in jelly or pate more readily munched by people's cats?

Mine love both but the turkey pate is their favourite.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, animonda carny is similar texture to NM (sort of supermeat) and way cheaper.  Something like 80% meat too.  You do have to buy in bulk from zooplus but it's very economical.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 13:55:37 PM »
Just wanted to say...  If anyone orders their Bozita from Zooplus, which if you're buying the multipacks works out loads cheaper, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to order through the Zooplus link at the bottom of every Purrs page - this way 5% of your order value will be donated to the Purrs rescue fund  :)

Haven't tried the pate version, the boys lick the bowls clean with every single flavour of the jelly version though.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »
No worries, just order 5 single cartons (different flavours)............£6.95 including delivery not too bad, hubby is going to get such a surprise when it turns up at his work  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
Just been looking at Bozita and have found a place where you can buy the single cartons

http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/products_03.php?m=8&s=14

going to order some for the girls, will get a nice selection for them

Thanks for that link

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
Just been looking at Bozita and have found a place where you can buy the single cartons

http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/products_03.php?m=8&s=14

going to order some for the girls, will get a nice selection for them

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
think I might have to get some Bozita for the girls - they currently will only eat Natures Menu (thankfully they don't have much more than 3 pouches between them a day) but its starting to mount up in price as its now £22 a case

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 19:15:15 PM »
Brilliant thanks MM, will try and hunt some down for Piglet Pinball to try. Perhaps seeing as he's a Norwegian I should get him the Reindeer one to try  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 19:12:32 PM »
Jaffa and Mosi recommend the turkey pate  ;D but they sell reindeer flavour which I've never tried!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 19:06:51 PM »
It says suitable for all  ;D

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 19:05:30 PM »
I might have to try and get hold of some Bozita for Pinball to try as he's eating me out of house and home and I do like to increase their wet food in the summer. I must admit I didn't realise that Bozita is as high in meat as it is (I'd just noticed the 4% bit when I'd looked at it before). Is it one of these "all life stages from kitten-senior" foods?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 18:28:35 PM »
My lot are starting to refuse bozita, and they are sharing it between 6 so not huge portions  :tired:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 21:42:39 PM »
PAH doesn't sell it full stop, I can only get it singly from independent pet shops.
Please spay your cat

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 19:33:07 PM »
I might give the Bozita a go. At the moment we have Felix or Whiskas pouches and I'm fed up with them not liking one flavour in every box  :tired:, even thought I know they'ver eaten that flavour before!! I'm going to try and find somewhere that sells it singly though, as I don't want to fork out on it if they're not going to like it, do PAH do it does anyone know?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:54 AM »
I know, it is very odd to bring out a range that can only be sold in certain places, and to not even give your online supplier access to them!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 08:17:59 AM »
Anyone would think they didn't want people to buy their food  :Crazy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 08:12:20 AM »
Yep - Asda is the easiest place to get them, the little tins are sold at Morrisons and Tesco, but not on the same deal as Asda, and the new Essential pouches I think are exclusive to Asda, at least I haven't found them anywhere else yet. Wilkinsons are allowed to sell some of the food, as are Co-op, but they tend to be the 4 tins of fishy food (and not all of those are complete).
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 08:10:20 AM »
really?  I didn't know that.  I guess I must just be lucky then as I seem to see them all over the place  ;D  Probably because I shop mainly at asda where they sell the boxes of pouches as well as the tins.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 07:59:18 AM »
Yep, but they can only be sold in certain places - not even their online supplier can get hold of some of them.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 00:02:43 AM »
With HiLife, you need to check the packaging carefully, very few of their foods are complete, and complimentary ones need to fed along with complete wet/dry to ensure they get the right nutrients.

All the hi life essentials (pouches and tins) are complete.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 21:55:31 PM »
With HiLife, you need to check the packaging carefully, very few of their foods are complete, and complimentary ones need to fed along with complete wet/dry to ensure they get the right nutrients.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 20:09:21 PM »
I don't know about the pork or beef, but I'm feeding my kittens the fish variety pack and they love each flavour. I think it would be a good hit with most kitties :D

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 21:34:29 PM »
thanks for that helen, although still not sure bout the pork, as thats one ingredient i always make sure i avoid, howver james well belloved says it contains no beef because that can cause them allergies, and the natures menu i feed is beef and heart, i guess you cant win, right must go hunt for the tortoises in the dark as i have been far to distracted once again looking at cat stuff!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 21:31:03 PM »
I think they have to put 4% of the named flavour in. I'm wary of the pork though - I think my vet said it was more of an issue for CRF cats. Although he also said despite advice, we have been feeding cats ham scraps etc for 1000's of years and they are still around  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 21:28:26 PM »
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maby when jake stops peeing everywhere i might treat him!! is there anywhere you can by just a pouch at a time?

There is a farm type animal shop near me that sells them singly, try independant pet shops... If you can't find somewhere that does them singly then let me know and I'll post you a couple of cartons to try.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 21:11:40 PM »
Just had a zooplus delivery and stocked up on some more bozita  ;D  regarding the meat content - they changed the way they label it fairly recently and it is a bit confusing now, esp as it's not in english.  It does have considerably more than 4% meat.  It has about 90% meat.  There are different meats in there so there may be 4% of a particular meat, but overall there is a lot more than that.

Animonda carny is equally bargainous.  It has 80% meat and I buy the 400g tins.  It works out about the same price as the bozita.

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 21:05:29 PM »
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maby when jake stops peeing everywhere i might treat him!! is there anywhere you can by just a pouch at a time?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 20:58:35 PM »
I just looked on the Bozita website and it says up to 93% meat content... I think the 4% is the 'flavour ie crayfish ingredients are (in order) chicken, pork, crayfish - with a minimum of 4% crayfish in it.

Independently of your cat’s
favourite you rely on the
quality of Bozita!
• High meat content up to 93%
• Only fresh Swedish meat
• No artifi cial colourings, fl avourings & preservatives
• MacrogardŽ – the natural immunizer
• Sugar-free
• Lean on fat
• Wheat gluten-free
• Naturally high in taurine for your cat’s eyes and reproduction

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 20:54:58 PM »
so it has more than 4% meat content  :shify: that dosent sound much better than whiskers 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 20:52:54 PM »
That symbol is greater than, if they like it, Bozita works out quite well for multiple cats, my friend can get 6 meals out of one carton.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 20:50:13 PM »
It means "More Than" or "minimum meat content". As for the pork thing. I have seen Hi-life pork but my Vet told me tha cats shouldn't eat it as the molecules are too large to pass through their capillaries. I checked this online and it is true.

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 20:40:47 PM »
just reading the ingredience for the botzia, i may just be very blonde but whats with the (>4%) after the meat, i have looked at this before and always thought it ment there was less than 4% meat but if its a high meat content food i would be tempted to give it a go, hi life and natures menu are expensive when you have 3 cats!!, also i thought they wernt ment to have pork??

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 18:08:56 PM »
Anyways, I have a quick question regarding storage of open packets - should I keep them in the fridge? At the moment I am but wanted to check as they have had pouches before this.

I do, they get 1/4 each (so equivalent to 1 pouch each) for breakfast and the same for dinner so it's only usually in there for 12 hours.  I'd imagine it would be OK for a day or two though.

Glad they like it, I can never believe how cheap it is in comparison to it's ingredients - just worked it out and 3 cartons which is the equivalent of a 12 pack of pouches is just £1.92.  Not only that but I don't have to go shopping for it and carry it home, Zooplus deliver it to my door for free  ;D

Link to CatChat