Author Topic: Axa Insurance  (Read 10332 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Axa Insurance
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 21:42:29 PM »
I think we may well find much depends on whether you got in before or after the last hike in rates and I think I got in before with Tom, hence the large increase this time around. His age won't help of course.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 20:27:49 PM »
Interesting that we are paying a similar amount - Mabel is £9.93 cos she is the second cat, she is down as 12. They will be getting a claim for her as soon as they bother to send me out some claim forms (one thing worse than Sainsbury's, at least they included it with the paperwork).
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 18:28:35 PM »
Thats interesting Des cos I am paying that for each birman cos they are pedigrees and also 15 next week. My policies all renew late October.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
I just started Alice's insurance with Axa. I put her down as 10 and mine is £11 a month.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 08:15:48 AM »
I dont always think it depends on how much treatment your cat has - I know with Pebbles, hers actually went down despite giving me a few hundred quid, cos they had changed the way it was worked out. Tigers would have gone up (they are the only two to have got a renewal after claiming illness), but not by much. I think I am paying £2 a month more with AXA for Molly, but it is only £13ish, and she is 15.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 19:37:47 PM »
Thanks Rosella , so maybe its not an across the board increase then and mine should come in ummmmm early October grrrrrrrrr. Was hoping that Frantas treaetment would be afyer it came in

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 19:35:33 PM »
Renewal date is 27 August Gill and it arrived today i.e. just about 3 weeks before renewal. Don't know for sure but I think it likely that a lot of increase is due to his age. Axa have also had to shell out just under £400 in last 2 months due to HyperT ishoos and bad reactions to medication. 

Have to bear in mind that staying with M&S was not an option as they quoted us £280 for the year or thereabouts in August 2007!  We are now paying a great deal less than that 12 months later.  At Tom's age, I think that's not bad.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 16:59:50 PM »
Oh dear that really scares me now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I cant afford my policies to double. Has Tom had a lot of treatment in the last year?

Sasa had some for a bite before Christmas but thats all so far and she is nowhere near as old as Tom but Franta is due a dental around September grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and tests and he will be 15. How long before the renewal date did it come in Rosella?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 10:05:30 AM »
Tom's Axa insurance renewal arrived this morning. I think a lot of exam results are arriving in this morning's post and I swear the trepidation I felt was  akin to getting exam results. 

We had more or less decided that we would accept double the premium as Tom is 18 and 8 mths. They must have read our minds coz premium has gone from £9.81 to £18.04 per month.  Have to say I wouldn't offer to insure him at that price if I were an insurance company. Whilst I don't like to admit it, the liklihood of a no claims year with Tom is now low  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
I hope her back issue isn't anything serious then for more than one reason  :scared:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »
Mark, you will have seen a box saying you are covered, but any insurance policy will have a period where you cant claim.
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 21:24:46 PM »
No. There was no personal touch with Tom's 1st claim Gill. That's why I thought mention of him in the 2nd sounded "real" rather than "company policy". I got rather emotional actually so gawd knows wot I'd be like if they put the personal touch that Desley mentioned on a Sainsbury "final" letter but shan't go there  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 20:37:28 PM »
I am very pleased to hear that Rosella cos when Sasas claim came in it never used her name once.....I was going to complain but too much was going on at the time.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 17:27:25 PM »
They cover accidents from day one but not illnesses

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 13:57:11 PM »
Dennis said he isn't worried and will pay any vet bills - luckily we can afford it.

I can't say too much but Dennis advises the management team of a certain insurer so we wouldn't try anything "irregular"  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 13:54:04 PM »
I could have sworn a box came up saying "you are now covered"  :Crazy:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 13:53:33 PM »
I would confirm what Desley says Mark about the 14 day period. Not sure who told you otherwise.

The big test as farr as I am concerned is coming up shortly as Tom's renewal is towards the end of this month. As he will be 19 this Christmas, I am sorta expecting an increase from the current £9.81 a month  :scared: :scared: :scared:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 13:18:40 PM »
Mark, there is a 14 day waiting period for AXA, I have just had to ring to see if Mabel will be covered, due to only having her for 3 weeks - she is covered as her vet visit was about 5 days after the 14 day period, but they did work out the dates before confirming it.
Rosella - Sainsbury's do the same, and they also say a nice comment on a 'final' letter, but that makes me cry.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »
I put Alice on it on Monday. I put her down as 10 years old and it was £132 for the year. There was no 14 day waiting period so when I took her to the vet on Tuesday, they said I should claim if she needs any treatment for her back.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »
Sounds good-just put my two on AXA, hope all goes well!

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »
Old broken record I know and still not on commission (perhaps I should be thinking about it .....) anyway, just received 2nd Axa payment re Tom's vet treatment with a note at the end "We hope that Thomas is now feeling much better"

Now the cynics amongst you will be saying "I bet they do" but I thought it was just lovely  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 18:39:24 PM »
I claimed from them for Sasa before Christmas and took a bit longer probably cos of time of year but no probs with the claim at all.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 18:01:11 PM »
That's pretty good, it took longer than that for my vet to fill the forms in when I claimed on M&S!  So Axa have good cover, reasonable premiums and importantly seem pretty good with the claims side of thing too.  We should definitely be on commission Rosella  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 17:13:47 PM »
Thats great, not often you get such prompt payouts  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
Axa Insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 17:02:05 PM »
I know that a number of peeps on this site have Axa pet insurance so thought I'd share as this is my 1st claim from them.

Handed claim for Tom's HyperT related costs in at vets on Tues 13 May and cheque in settlement arrived this morning (23rd) so took 10 days in total inc time in post and however long it took vets to do their bit.
I think that's pretty good  ;D

I'll just go and put my commission claim in now  ;)

Link to CatChat