Author Topic: Yahoo answers will give me a heart attack  (Read 11816 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Yahoo answers will give me a heart attack
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »
What the  :censored:  Do they not realise that humans can talk and tell you a bit more about their pain and destress - an animal can only look at you and tell you with it's eyes. 

And I'm betting if someone had a small child who was vomiting, not eating and appeared lethargic they would be straight off to A&E, or at least ring something like NHS Direct for advice, and not post a question on the internet asking random strangers what could be wrong.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »
Here is one of the dumbest replies.

The NHS dont want to you go to your doctors as a first point of call anymore, as they prefer you to ask nurses, or use other resources such as pharmacists. This is to free up their time to treat those that really need it.

So why not apply the above to pets and vets. This site will have a wealth of people that have looked after cats as pets for years and years and been through similiar. If all your answers point towards a vet visit great, you know then, if you get a lot saying try this or that then thats a result to, that may have saved the ditress of a vets visit, time and expense!
[/color]

What the  :censored:  Do they not realise that humans can talk and tell you a bit more about their pain and destress - an animal can only look at you and tell you with it's eyes.  YES, we can all get a bit of help from people who have had cats for years etc BUT there is a point when you should be able to say the vet is needed.I am certain that about 95% of dedicated animal owners would not nind paying a vet's bill even if it was just as a precaution.
Wake up and smell the coffee for **** sake.  >:( >:( >:( >:( :censored: :censored:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »
Some idiot called Eliza advised "Don't worry about the pain, cats handle it well"  >:(  - I wonder how she handled the pain when she had her lobotomy  >:(

OK can we pull her nails out and see if she can handle that pain then please

More accurately is someone having their fingers chopped at the first bend on each digit.....that's what declawing is likened to. It's just a lazy persons way out of training their cat to scratch where it's acceptable.

By the way Mark, I have a goldfish bowl with five tiny silver cloud minnows in it and have done for years. Don't know if you consider that cruel?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »
Here is one of the dumbest replies.

The NHS dont want to you go to your doctors as a first point of call anymore, as they prefer you to ask nurses, or use other resources such as pharmacists. This is to free up their time to treat those that really need it.

So why not apply the above to pets and vets. This site will have a wealth of people that have looked after cats as pets for years and years and been through similiar. If all your answers point towards a vet visit great, you know then, if you get a lot saying try this or that then thats a result to, that may have saved the ditress of a vets visit, time and expense!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »
You wont get any replies cos they are too thick to know the answer or even understand the point of your question :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »
I just posted my own question. "Why do so many people waste time posting on here when they should be on their way to the vet?"  :tired:

Fabulous question - be interesting to see the answers you get - oh Mark you are making it hadrer for me to resist startig to reply and rant at these people  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2008, 09:37:56 AM »
I just posted my own question. "Why do so many people waste time posting on here when they should be on their way to the vet?"  :tired:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »
Oh Mark - I daren't take a look at the site - silly stupid  :censored:!!!!

As if you would waste time even typing the question never mind waiting for a ruddy answer.

I'm so glad there are all us proper animal lovers (big softies) out there to make up for these complete dickheads.

Mary

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »
I really should stop looking. THis is one from 3 hours ago.

My... ................?
i have a one year old cat. its a she. she's on the floor sideways and she's shaking she has white stuff all over her mouth, what's going on???? HELP NOW!!

Most of the answers from the "experts" say it is rabies  :Crazy:
Luckily quite a few are saying it is a seizure.

WTF don't they get it to the vets?  >:(

I'm trying to stay away as if I start to post in reply to these people I'll rant !  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:34 AM »
I really should stop looking. THis is one from 3 hours ago.

My... ................?
i have a one year old cat. its a she. she's on the floor sideways and she's shaking she has white stuff all over her mouth, what's going on???? HELP NOW!!

Most of the answers from the "experts" say it is rabies  :Crazy:
Luckily quite a few are saying it is a seizure.

WTF don't they get it to the vets?  >:(

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 00:03:11 AM »
Is it just to stop them wrecking furnature?

People come up with all sorts of excuses.  To stop them scratching furniture is the main one, but I've also heard people say they did it because they were getting scratched (how shocking! :innocent:), because they have a child or elderly person in the house, because their landlord insisted and so on.  Today I have read of 1 person who had it done because she was worried her cat would scratch her dog, and another who said her cats were fighting and she declawed them so that they wouldn't hurt each other   :shocked:

ccmacey

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 23:30:22 PM »
Is it just to stop them wrecking furnature?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 23:20:56 PM »
No ruddy purpose at all  - I love having all my clothes clicked and scratches and everything else that goes with my Bonnie!!   :rofl: :rofl:

People who declaw just don't give a toss about anyone exccept themselves.

Mary

ccmacey

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 23:05:25 PM »
Can someone tell me the purpose of declawing a cat?

How do they climb? Scratch themselves?

We can tell who a good cat owner is, we all bear the scars  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 22:51:05 PM »
So sorry for going off the subject here everyone BUT we all know what Mark is like!!!  Got to blame him!  :evillaugh: :Luv2:

Mark, if Kylie and Clapton have been living together for 5 yrs it's about time they made a move on each otheror at least had a Valentine's cuddle.   

Get better soon chuck.

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2008, 22:46:07 PM »

He said Kylie is virtually his sister  :Crazy:

Whoops - better not go there then Clapton  :-[ :rofl:
x
[/quote]

Not his real sister but they have been living together for 5 years  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 22:41:12 PM »
:evillaugh: Mark's caving into the world of mad cat lady  :rofl:

It's because I am ill today   :Crazy:
I'm sure I will recover my senses tomorrow  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 22:39:15 PM »

[/quote]

Whoops - better not go there then Clapton  :-[ :rofl:

Licia - make sure you give Oliver some nice treats tomorrow.

Bonnie and Mary xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 22:34:06 PM »
 :evillaugh: Mark's caving into the world of mad cat lady  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 22:32:42 PM »
Yer, cheer up Clapton, Oliver was one of them.  Looks like he is taking the defeat pretty well himself...  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

They'll survive  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 22:32:04 PM »
Clapton don't put me or my mum on a guilt trip.......  I had to turn down so many lovely boys, not just you darling.  What's Kylie doing tomorrow - I'm sure your dad and his partner can arrange something for you.  :Luv2:

Bonnie xxx

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 22:26:36 PM »
Yer, cheer up Clapton, Oliver was one of them.  Looks like he is taking the defeat pretty well himself...  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 22:19:54 PM »
Clapton don't put me or my mum on a guilt trip.......  I had to turn down so many lovely boys, not just you darling.  What's Kylie doing tomorrow - I'm sure your dad and his partner can arrange something for you.  :Luv2:

Bonnie xxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 22:10:45 PM »
He is heartbroken - poor Clapton  :(

He is hoping sunshine is still available  ;)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 22:17:09 PM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 20:36:21 PM »
Here's another for her to ponder over - My handsome Clapton  :Luv2:
[/color]

Aw Mark - Clapton was too late - I've just looked at this - Bonnie posted her answer just 2 mins ago. Mary

Sorry Clapton - you would have been hard to refuse.  Bonnie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 19:23:47 PM »
They should get one of those stupid singing fish that were out a few years back that a lot of people had on their office walls!!
Mary

I have a singing lobster!  :shy: :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 19:00:46 PM »
Here's another for her to ponder over - My handsome Clapton  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 18:58:21 PM »
 :rofl: Mark, we shouldn't tempt fate really!!

They should get one of those stupid singing fish that were out a few years back that a lot of people had on their office walls!!

Got to help Bonnie make her decision about her Valentine date on purrs now.  :Luv2:
Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 18:51:53 PM »
 :evillaugh: @ Mary

Or they will post on Yahoo. My goldfish died. Are you supposed to feed them?  :-:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 18:48:03 PM »
Hey Mark - don't give them that idea - if the chippy is shut, they will eat the goldfish.  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 18:44:50 PM »
Why don't they just get one of these stuff that Mary posted the other day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkNLWh81x78&NR=1

Would solve all the problem, no stinky litter box or hairball hacking either :P

Or better still

(I hate goldfish bowls btw - I saw smal plastic ones in our local £1 shop the other day - it's so cruel  :( )

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 18:41:15 PM »
I think half of the questions on there are wind ups - most of the answers are ridiculous. It is scary when someone posts something like - "my cat looks like he is dying - what shall I do" - What you don't do is post on yahoo answers and wait all day for a load of moronic answers. I think important things like animal welfare sections should be moderated.

~I saw one earlier which I'm hoping is a wind-up "My cat has eaten its tail and there is just a bloody stump left'   >:( >:( :Crazy:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 18:40:26 PM »
The way I see it, If they are capable of asking random strangers a question on "yahoo answers", they are capable of finding qualified info.

yes, I have to say that I am constantly amazed at the intellectual laziness of some people. Someone posted the other day wanting to know what the male human figures are that are used as columns. They knew that the female ones are caryatids, but apparently it was too much problem to do a google. I did a google and found about 15 sites that provided them with useful information about them and their architectural relevance and the periods at which they were used etc etc etc. I mean, how much effort does it take? Anyway, at this rate I am getting to be a top answerer, but not in one particular area, sadly, because my interests are so diverse ...

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 18:13:27 PM »
What about this guy who superglued his hand down his cat's back

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnOctYwJQlQqShFpKnD32DTK7BR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080213084829AAQsn0A

Probably a wind up but it has certainly got some people worked up
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 18:13:02 PM »
Why don't they just get one of these stuff that Mary posted the other day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkNLWh81x78&NR=1

Would solve all the problem, no stinky litter box or hairball hacking either :P

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 18:05:19 PM »
I have just posted an answer to this ignorant young madam

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 17:29:56 PM »
I'm a new cat owner, first ever cat and I started off with a Kitten. He's not been a problem at all. He's been tempted to use claws on the furniture but a simple "ahem, what do you think you are going to do  :-:" and he stops then goes over to his scratching post. He's not damaged anything with his claws, occassionaly he slips and clings on to my leg with his claws but it doesn't hurt enough to think "oh those claws have to go" ........ Declawing him wouldn't cross my mind so I don't get why it's so normal to do it over there.

I get sick at that, and the whole crating dogs 17 hours a day is ok too  :censored:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 17:24:17 PM »
Here, here! I do think a lot of it has to do with education....a lot of people think if it's not illeagal then that makes it okay!  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 17:19:20 PM »
Not sure if this will work as it's the link with me logged in
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjzwUcjSC8A1rKF8l8.prVDK7BR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080213023039AArezSl
Some idiot called Eliza advised "Don't worry about the pain, cats handle it well"  >:(  - I wonder how she handled the pain when she had her lobotomy  >:(
[/color]

Cats handle the pain well -  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Well done mark.  My Bonnie has put loads of scratch marks on the arm of my leather sofa since I got her in December and she hasn't even been told off and she still has the run of the house day and night.  I have however got some spare carpet from my mate the other day when she got a new bedroom carpet - it happens to be cream, same colour so I put a piece on the arm under the blanket so it won't slide off when she jumps up on the arm when she has her daft half hour (or should I say daft 24hrs!!)  Evidence in attached pics!! The blanket and cushions were neat and tidy when I went to bed!! :evillaugh:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 16:28:52 PM »
The way I see it, If they are capable of asking random strangers a question on "yahoo answers", they are capable of finding qualified info.

Link to CatChat