Author Topic: Has this cat been abandoned?  (Read 11541 times)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Re: Has this cat been abandoned?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
Theres plenty of room for another on that new sofa Mark :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 09:42:06 AM »

Aw.. But he loves her too.... wasn't he the one who demanded you keep her :naughty:

I think Willow really would go off the rails with another one on the scene  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »
How rewarding it feels when  you win  the confidence of a little one.  As I started to read I though  paper collar time and then got to the bit where you say that is what you will do.

What worries me is the sudden confidence. She has still been very wary of me up until now and hadn't gone anywhere near Dennis. For her to run up to him and rub around his legs crying, she must have been very hungry. I just remembered, my neighbour that said she belongs to someone has rented a gallery over the road for 3 weeks so I will go over and ask him as I don't know which house the cat is supposed to belong to. Jon & Daph are the ones that had the lovely Gershwin. I am trying to get them to adopt another one and if miss tortie has been abandoned, she is a likely candidate as she goes into their garden a lot.

They have a lovely little garden a cat flap and terraces on the ground and first floor so I really think they should adopt  :Luv2:

They go away to Italy a lot but I am happy to go and feed & water as I did with Gershwin

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:44:31 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »
AWWW God love her - she's adorable - I hope she hasnt been abandoned - poor little girl .

Even though it looks beautiful - it is cold - we left the heating on for the boys last night as it gets cold in the lounge, Thai is in bed with us -

There was a heavy frost this morning - if she is homeless I hope she found somewhere warm to snuggle.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »
poor little thing, I hate to think of them being so hungry (and probably cold)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
No way - I am still in trouble for cat 4 adopted in December  :scared: .

Aw.. But he loves her too.... wasn't he the one who demanded you keep her :naughty:

I hope this little one isn't abandoned. I love her markings :Luv:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »

Cats know where they are best off and yours obviously is  :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:26:48 AM »
How rewarding it feels when  you win  the confidence of a little one.  As I started to read I though  paper collar time and then got to the bit where you say that is what you will do.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »
Looks like you guys may have been adopted.

Seriously I hope she hasn't been abandoned.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:12:56 AM »
More

PS - For the "do not feed" brigade, this cat was very hungry and not just scrounging  :shy:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:21:40 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Has this cat been abandoned?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
I don't know if anyone remembers but last summer there was a young tortie hanging around after food. She would sit on the fence at the end of the garden but ran off if I got too close. I sometimes put some food under the gate for her. One of my neighbours said she belonged to someone so I thought she would be OK. It has taken me all this time to gain her trust enough to get an arms-length stroke. I was amazed on Sunday when I was upstairs with Alice and Dennis said the tortie came running up to him miouwing and running round his legs. He fed her and she ate ravenously. Yesterday, I went out for a smoke and the same thing happened to me. Kylie came out and chased her off. I just went outside and she did the same again. It's really od as she has always been so cautious as Kylie has attacked her a few times. I will ask my neighbours which house they say she comes from and get a paper collar ready for the next time I see her. It is bitterly cold outside but I can't take her in. Apart from the act OH will kill me, Kylie will be after her. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:04:58 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat