Author Topic: Cat has become distant + Has a peculiar habit...  (Read 11347 times)

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
Cat has become distant + Has a peculiar habit...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 00:36:59 AM »
Its been about 3 weeks now since we had our cats 'done' and after it, our Male cat(Moss) seemed fine, was constantly hyper and in the mood to play with our female cat(Saffi) who at the time had one of those cone things round her head.

Since we removed the cone she has got back to her old self and is constantly running around and out of two, she appears to be the most dominant which in turn has appeared to put our Moss back into his shell but this past week he has gone into his shell even more.

For the past few days we have noticed him walking up to the fire and licking the decorative stones (obviously the fire hasnt been on) but he seems to enjoy licking it. Not sure what he's getting from this or maybe he just likes the texture of the fake stone against his tongue (it has a rough surface).

But he's eating well and drinking except he just sits down and has no interest in doing anything else. On Friday he was sitting right behind my g/f who was washing up and she accidently stepped on him and so since then he's taken to sitting in the corner of the room. He has no qualms about being handeled (he wont run off) but compared to the live wire that is Saffi, he appears to be very sullen and feels sorry for himself.

I heard that when you have the neutered, Cats can change personality and I have no qualms about him being a quiet, introverted cat who just wants to sleep all day - If thats what he wants to do then thats fine with us. But Im mentioning it incase others have experienced this and there could be some other thing wrong.

Link to CatChat