Author Topic: Hope our cats are surviving this HORRID weather  (Read 9380 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Hope our cats are surviving this HORRID weather
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 17:38:54 PM »
Very tempting to bring them in Licia but if they've been there a long time they will be used to the horrid weather bless them, :hug:

A friend of mine feeds about 6 ferrel cats and they are as happy as can be in their own little world - I guess it's a matter of what they've never had they never miss.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 17:32:54 PM »
Thanks Mary, for being vagabonds they are in good shape, well fed thanks to us :innocent:  There are bunch of trains parked on the tracks too almost abandoned, I am pretty sure they can get inside for shelter.  I almost thought of bringing in one of them while we were working on this flat last spring, but they obviously spent all their lives there as wild bunch, they wouldn't let you come near. :(  They seem to be happy just as they are but when the weather gets like this I do worry about them...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 17:33:44 PM by dolcetta46 »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 17:21:14 PM »
Aw, poor puddies - glad you and others are feeding them and there is somewhere for them to shelter.  If they run quickly they can eat and then get dry.  :rainin: :fish: :rainin: :fish:  Keep up the good work Licia. :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 17:14:57 PM »
It is raining really hard here all day.  There is a railroad track right next to our flat and there are about 10 cats living around that area. (don't worry these tracks are leading to the garage they are seldom used and if a train passes they go very slowly, so not a danger.)  Every day someone from the flat (me included) leave some food for them, but in this rain I don't think they can come out to dine.  Poor guys...  :(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 15:34:15 PM »
Crazy weather we have - hope you're building your snowman soon. Enjoy.  :)

Mary

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 15:15:23 PM »
We don't usually get bad snow until around my birthday at end of Feb where I live in West Yorkshire.  Hope you get the thick snow you want Team Svartalfheims  - which part of the world are you in?  :cold:

We're up in NE Scotland. I keep being reminded by people that winter is only just starting up here. I'm from SE England originally so I get very excited by snow and confused by the fact that the seasons seem to be at different times up here  :Crazy: Last year on my birthday we had thick snow up here and my Mum had been having baking sunshine down in Dorset.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 15:03:05 PM »
I think I want to be a cat sat near a radiator too.  I'm off work with a bad back and still doing ironing and other rotten housework while Bonnie sits in front of the fire curled up in one of his many beds that are scattered around the house. :rofl:

We don't usually get bad snow until around my birthday at end of Feb where I live in West Yorkshire.  Hope you get the thick snow you want Team Svartalfheims  - which part of the world are you in?  :cold:

Mary

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 14:49:20 PM »
They're not stupid though  :Luv:  Not saying Bilbo is you understand.

He has his moments  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 14:38:53 PM »
I'm at the office and OH working from home. I am positive, if I ring OH, he will tell me Tom's asleep in his basket in front bedroom adjacent to radiator, Billy Whiz is fast asleep on one of the two beds and Freddie is on the cushioned stool between the radiator and his dad's desk.  All three have catflap access to outdoor.  They're not stupid though  :Luv:  Not saying Bilbo is you understand. It's just ours don't have NFC overcoats

Anyone fancy a bet?

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 14:33:43 PM »
Weather man says snow in Scotland - so I hope you've all got your cat food in and the heating up full blast - if electric goes off - plenty of wood and matches at th ready!!   :rofl: :rofl:

We should be so lucky, just got rain and wind here  :( Bilbo and I have got our fingers and paws crossed for lots and lots of thick snow  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 14:17:55 PM »
Weather man says snow in Scotland - so I hope you've all got your cat food in and the heating up full blast - if electric goes off - plenty of wood and matches at th ready!!   :rofl: :rofl:

Before anyone comments - Yes, I know they've got fur coats BUT we've got fat and skin and still get cold and they deserve every little bit of warmth they can get. Sod the bills is what I say and I'm sure lots of you do too.

Mary

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 14:02:07 PM »
Gill have a look at Lottie's Website (I assume you meant Lottie not Gail or is it me wot has got it wrong?) and try very hard to resist. Sunrise Sunset is just to die for  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 19:54:25 PM »
sad very sad  ;D

Kittens Gail? I didnt know you had kittens.

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 18:23:07 PM »
Gill - The equivalent would be me going inside my 'modern' cave and turning the heating on ;) Unfortunately cats have not really made such advancements and there genetic make up is still very much the same, they get hungry they eat, they get wet they find shelter!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 18:33:32 PM by SpecialRed »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 18:20:51 PM »
Bilbo isn't too keen on the weather this winter up here, too wet, not enough snow and not cold enough poor little boy. He sits in his cat house in the run and sulks when it's raining but he won't come inside the human house for long as we've got the heating on which he objects to. The kittens have been very cute and trying to catch the raindrops on the glass panel on the back door bless them.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 17:55:42 PM »
You are the descendent of Stone Age Man who survived very well living in caves and wearing little or no clothing, doesnt mean that it would not harm you today!

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 15:02:09 PM »
A bit of rain wont do them any harm, indoor cats are decendants of outdoor cats who have survived thousands of years without the help of us humans!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »
Max is a hump under the blanket. Motto: only come out to nosh, then go back under. (Doesn't sound too bad to his mum actually lol).

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 16:46:20 PM »
Archie cannot bear cold, wet or windy weather :P He is mostly indoors at the moment ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 13:37:38 PM »
Misa doent mind sitting out in it but then comes in a shakes himself and his feet all over everything. He is like a big wet mop when he comes in, a real soggy moggy  ;D

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »
Rolo doesn't care about the rain, and can't understand why I wont let him out if I know it is raining!! The girls are pretty much sensible, but Molly did go out in the rain a few times last year, despite spending the majority of the summer inside.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 17:15:33 PM »
My Jasper decided he'd liked to have a wander up the garden and back the other day when it was blowing a gale and pouring with rain, having not gone out on any of the previous dry days, typical  LOL! Harry goes out whatever the weather, doesnt seem to bother him. The others tend to stay indoors if the weather is really bad, but Ben enjoys sitting out in the rain, bless him!  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 13:09:42 PM »
WET or dry - cat's ain't daft!!  :naughty:

Mary

Offline Kats inc

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
Humph is very naughty when it's raining.He's worked out that he loves being dried off with the towel.So every flipping 10 minutes or so when it's raining he presents himself back to me soaking wet again just so he can be dried off again.Sneaky rascal  :sneaky:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »
Our Grwndi loves being out,its pouring down outside but he's in the car port sleeping :Luv2:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
Blip is an indoor / outdoor cat with the emphasis firmly on the indoor at this time of year.  She runs into the back garden for about five minutes twice a day and stays inside all the rest of the time.  In the summer she loves to sit in the garden, in the shade, for hours at a time.

PS If you are wondering whether we provide an indoor litter tray - we do.  But she will not use it, preferring the back garden.

I have noticed that it is high wind which spooks her, whereas rain merely annoys her (including when it has just stopped and it is wet underpaw).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
Smidgen likes going out and getting enough wet on him so that when he comes back in a rubs against me, I get soaked through  :Luv:

Esther has far too much sense and pokes her head through the cat flap, checks out the weather, then comes back and plays games on the tower (so is clearly not getting enough exercise). Her latest game is to hide in one of the 'nesting boxes' and gently connect with Shadow's ear as he ambles past. Shadow is not amused  :rofl: :rofl:

The shed in my garden has a small pane of glass missing so any local cats caught out i the wet can take shelter there. It is readily accessible from the side (brick) fence, and Smidgen uses it often, just because he can ...

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Hope our cats are surviving this HORRID weather
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
Bonnie's an indoor puddy and the rain was pounding on my windows last night - she sat on the window sill trying to catch it as it ran down the window.  So glad she wasn't out in it.  Unfortunately some cats will be, but they will have the sense to find somewhere to hide - more brains than us.
 :rainin: :rainin: :rainin:
Mary

Link to CatChat