Author Topic: What are we all buying for our feline friends for christmas ?  (Read 9391 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: What are we all buying for our feline friends for christmas ?
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »
will have to get a plastic one and hope the Max doesn't munch it  :Crazy: The real ones are all too big. Know what you mean about the baubles. We had a weird looking Xmas tree when I was younger, cos our burmese destroyed any baubles or tinsel he could reach - so it had deco only on the upper bits  :evillaugh:
Mind you, the dogs were worse. On Xmas day once they got at the table while no-one was looking and ate the starter. My late Mum arrived and thought she was having a mad moment..."I'm sure I put out the starter?!" only to realise that the staffies had scoffed all 10 and were snoring it off under the table.
No cat would ever do that though, right?  :shify:  :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2007, 19:26:07 PM »
No idea about the real tree.  However, the other day I was reading a topic on Christmas trees and there are lots of ideas on it.  I think it's title is something on the lines of putting up the Christmas Tree and Baubles - hope it helps more than I am!!!

:sorry:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2007, 13:57:15 PM »
I hope to get them some more 'zoom around the room' catnip, even though it's more like a 'gentle waddle around the room and then fall asleep again' catnip these days.
Plus I'm hoping that a loo roll will bring out the artist (artiste more like lol) in da Max. He occasionally humours us with one of his unique sculptures. I thought about the Turner prize for one of them actually but then OH chucked it out  :rofl:  I've ordered da Bird to see if that can get Swampy to play (he's played 3x now for a few seconds after his vitamin B supplements, bless him).

Does anyone know if Xmas trees (real: branches more like in my flat as no room for a tree) are safe for cats as they will chew it/eat it. I haven't bought one yet but am eyeing a small one. I daren't buy a plastic one as the Max is a terrible plastic chewer.  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 13:59:05 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2007, 00:38:00 AM »
My Smudge would never play with any of the toys or eat any of the treats in a stocking.  So his Christmas present was just a few more kisses and cuddles and a few more prawns than usual!!!  Mary  :ahh: :yawn:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007, 23:33:23 PM »
Hey you could make a Gourmet hamper yourself, although the only difference to my cats would be the basket lol.

And if you adorn the basket with some shiny colourful ribbons & bows, that may well be the most interesting part for your cat... they are always Oliver's favourite!! :wow:

ccmacey

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007, 22:17:25 PM »
Hey you could make a Gourmet hamper yourself, although the only difference to my cats would be the basket lol.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 21:45:17 PM »
Well.....mine were going to get a new FIV foster cat......due at the weekend but just had a call and FINGERS CROSSED he might have a home!!!

So (as if Buffy and Bobby would have been impressed with him anyway  :rofl: ) They will just have to make dowith some nice new chasy toys and treats (and a tin of tuna with panacur granules on!!)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 21:43:23 PM »
well, a stocking - obviously!

...but I think their biggest treat will be having us (and our laps) home for the best part of two weeks with the central heating permanently ON!...plus a few extra treats.  They'll be in kitty heaven.

They get so spoilt the rest of the year that I'm not inclined to go overboard at Christmas, especially given there are so many that won't have what they've got - the best pressies in the world - a safe, warm home, lots of food'n'drink, toys etc, and someone to love and who loves 'em back! ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2007, 18:36:55 PM »
I think I am going to do that next year Carl (although have already given food and toys to the 2 rescues I am fostering for!!), mine get things all year round, and dont appreciate most of them, so might stop buying and give it to cats who might alctually care!! One advantage of helping rescues, means I can always find homes for the unwanted toys and food.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 17:59:32 PM »
Picked up a parcel from the sorting office this afternoon, the boys Nan has sent a few pressies for them, all wrapped up and waiting to be pounced on  :wow:  Am wondering who 'Lewis' is that half the pressies are addressed to though  :evillaugh:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 16:06:21 PM »
Well I like to spoil 'em rotten as "mes chats sont mes enfants" and the only Christmas pressies under the tree this year will all have labels saying to Alfie, Suzie or Frankie etc. from Leigh  ;D ;D

Come to think of it that was the same last year  ;D

I'm gonna have to ask Santa for 3 extra limbs lol.

If they're like my lot then you will need 'em CC  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 19:29:06 PM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 16:05:28 PM »
I've got a few things from the purrs shop one of them is da bird, they will also end up with something nice to eat! 

ccmacey

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 16:04:22 PM »
Im getting mine "da bird" one problem though, 5 cats 1 da bird, I'm gonna have to ask Santa for 3 extra limbs lol.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 15:58:51 PM »
what I'm going to do is  rustle them up their favourite grub (biiiig prawns for Billy, medium rare beef for Bagginspants)

Yup, my guys will be getting a christmas dinner, too - unfortunately they get fresh prawns, squid and scallops pretty much weekly (OH works in fisheries), so we will be getting them some lovely steak and venison ;)

Our Xmas donation will be going to PAWSS (Pet & Animal Welfare Support Society), as that is where both of our babes come from, and they do great work here in Aberdeen. ;D

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 15:52:10 PM »
The way Ollie hoovers up his food I don't think he notices its eve n in a bowl.   :rofl:  I'm doing the same as Carl cos Ollie has loads of toys and he won the bug jar last night.  But he will have lots of foodie treats, even if he has to help himself, which is not unknown.  :Luv:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 15:48:19 PM »
Alfie like prawns Carl,

This is fun :)

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_store/Gourmet_Christmas_Hamper_p4328.html

Cats Gourmet Christmas hamper and they'd enjoy the hamper and the straw just as much  ;D

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 15:51:54 PM by LeighK »

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 13:02:24 PM »
To be honest, my lads have got everything they could want or need - two beds each (one for upstairs, one downstairs), loads of toys they just ignore ... what I'm going to do is invest in a new Wiggly Waggler for em, rustle them up their favourite grub (biiiig prawns for Billy, medium rare beef for Bagginspants) , and give the money I would have spent to cats that have nowt.

Well obviously not DIRECTLY to the cats, that'd be daft with cats not having opposable thumbs to hold it, but them who care for em  :)
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
Hi Licia,

The sheepskin rugs are still very popular with the boys, there's hardly any time during the day or night that one or the other rug hasn't got at least one of the boys asleep on it  ;D

The strange thing is that sheepskin is quite cool in summer, when it was 35 degrees plus in my flat last year the boys liked my small sheepskin rug to curl up on and when I felt it it was suprisingly quite cool to the touch so they seem to work equally well in hot and cold weather, I suppose that's why sheep don't pass out in the summer because, unlike synthetic fabrics the wool breathes ;D ;D.

I found this interesting fact : "Sheepskin is able to absorb sweat immediately and can submit it in to the air seven times faster than synthetics". Nature knows best  ;D

All the best of luck with the cat tree.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:46:57 PM by LeighK »

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »
I really hope we can get our handmade cat tree done by then, but it is quite dubious as Cristiano, who HAS to take charge of the whole thing has got his office moving by the 20th and he has got a million and one things to do by then... I wish I weren't such a DIY eejit so I could take care of it myself without creating an askew tree that will tip over the moment Oliver hops on, or pounding a nail on my own finger... :( :scared:

If this can't be done, I would love to find a sheepskin rug like Leigh got for his puds :)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
We have bought them each a new bed, a few new toys, and........A HUGE new cat tree, costing us £90! :shocked: Our original budget was £60, and we trawled the web as well as every petshop within about a 5 mile radius.....finally, our local petshop was good enough to show us their order catalogue - and we saw the perfect cat tree, so of course we had to have it! :evillaugh: Not that our babies are at all spoiled.... :rofl: It won't arrive for christmas day, but that's ok as the tree will keep them entertained until then! :evillaugh:
They will also be getting an assortment of treats, which kind of goes without saying, really!

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 22:14:49 PM »
thats so sweet cj!!!

are you hoping they'll tidy up after themselves?  :evillaugh:

Haha ... can't see that happening any time soon!  Meesha especially, delves into the drawers and pulls out the contents, randomly chucking them all over the floor!  :rofl:  Buttons, keys, receipts, takeout menus, rizla packets, you name it!

I have a week and a half off at xmas, so I'm also looking forward to some quality time with my furries :)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 21:56:49 PM »
oo and im being very tempted by the purrnip fishy etc from the purrs shop.  :shify:

Before you buy one make sure you read this thread - you have been warned  :evillaugh:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=9599.25

thats whats tempting me so much!!  the boys look like theyre having so much fun

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 21:52:20 PM »
oo and im being very tempted by the purrnip fishy etc from the purrs shop.  :shify:

Before you buy one make sure you read this thread - you have been warned  :evillaugh:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=9599.25

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 21:05:43 PM »
I think the greatest gift we can give our cats is quality time.

Too true and money can't buy that,like the song says,the best things in life are free :Luv:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 19:43:21 PM »
Lucifer and Kali will be getting lots of me time as ill be off work for a while over christmas, but unfortunatly i have to go back to the human family for christmas eve, day and boxing day  :(
so to make up for my appaling behaviour lucifer and Kali will be getting
a good girl stocking, a PAH stocking, a whiskers stocking,a willow feather chaser, a different feather chaser wand thingy, ikea mice stuffed toys, some peahen feathers, a new da bird and a chicken and prawn dinner and probaly another sack full of toys and treats if i know my mum :evillaugh: mind you she says theyve already got more toys than most children  :rofl:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 18:46:16 PM »
My OH leaves for work two hours later than me and complains that when he stays over, he always ends up getting out of bed not long after I've left because Bella sits at the front door crying after I've gone ...  :Luv:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 18:36:37 PM »
You cant beat a bit of quality time  :hug: that works both ways doesnt it  :rofl:

I sometimes think Max gets a bit of peace and quiet when I go out to work  :Luv2:
I dont know if he goes to the window to see where im going or to check that I have actually gone  :naughty:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 18:25:55 PM »
Unfortunately, food and love aren't enough for Mosi - he needs a plentiful supply of toys too!  And if I want to have a fighting chance at not being woken up in the night I'll go along with that!  But I'm sure they'll appreciate having me at home and not being in a cattery this year, and will get lots of extra cuddles and treats  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 18:24:19 PM »
Mine will be pleased, i get two weeks off, so lots of time to jsut sit and chill with them and a good book or film, rather than limited time, especially if I dont have any more fosters.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 18:22:36 PM »
There is nothing better in the whole wide world than being made to feel the most special thing on the planet be it Christmas day or any other day,
be it us fussing our babes or them being purry and cuddly to us, oh I;ve went all mushy now sorry  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Let be honest do they know its Christmas Day or not.................
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 18:06:11 PM »
- they'll be having something lovely to eat on Christmas Day as well as lots of fusses  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Thats what makes them happy and what better gift can we give but love and affection the rest is only material realy, if it comes straight fom the heart then I will have it by the bucket load any day  :hug:

You're right there, I think my three will be most pleased with having me home for a few days, rather than with their pressies!  They do hate me going to work, bless 'em  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 18:05:50 PM »
Good sentiment T, I might not bother with presents next year, and just give them food and love.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 17:46:28 PM »
- they'll be having something lovely to eat on Christmas Day as well as lots of fusses  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Thats what makes them happy and what better gift can we give but love and affection the rest is only material realy, if it comes straight fom the heart then I will have it by the bucket load any day  :hug:
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 17:11:10 PM »
Ooooo red tricolour sounds fab  :Luv: I will need to 'borrow' him  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 16:38:54 PM »
Well ours are getting hopefully all the things from the auction - oh this is going to cost me a lot!

They also get afew Whiskas and Felix cat stockings, the dogs get Bonio's and lots of doggy treats but current favourite for jazz and Sky is the bones I have been getting from the butcher and cooking and giving them whilst we are at work due to me working 1 - 9.30pm they are only in the outside runs for about 5 hours but Dear baby Sky is a one person Border Collie wrecking machine and now this week no trashing and happy doggies so thanks to our local butchers one gives me bones for free the other charges 25p each they now get this for being outside (The dog run is a triple garage!)

They will also have parents for nearly a week before the visitors arrive and may be getting a new baby brother in the form of another BC but we are waiting for Sky's breeder to phone s she had some red tricolour boys!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 16:31:45 PM »
I am so happy to see that Catjane's kitties are being made to wait till Chrimbo for their Ikea cat tent too, and not just Bertie, the most deprived cat on Purrs  :rofl:  Aside from the controversial cat tent, we're having Da Bird, a new Whiskas cat stocking so that we can finally throw out last year's shabby Sheepmouse, new personalised bowls and a new bed for Minnie, since she's never had anything of her own ... it's her first Christmas indoors after 7 years of being kept outside by her previous owner, so we're going to make a biiiiiiiig fuss of her  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 15:52:12 PM »

What a wonderful sentiment
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 14:22:39 PM »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 14:15:28 PM »
One of these....

http://www.hagen.com/uk/publicity/cats/catspa.html

We have had one or two of those donated to our charity shop. The cats of the owners who donated them were not too impressed.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 14:12:43 PM »
Mine don't get anything for Christmas, I know you think I am mean but there is nothing Santa can bring them as they have all I think their heart desires at all times. Every day is Christmas to them.

Link to CatChat