Author Topic: SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT  (Read 41170 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
As you can see I have this fabulous cat proofing. The photos had to be taken while frosty to show the netting up. It is so Un-intrusive, vertiually invisible. I was out just after taking the photo knocking the snow of the netting.

Mine has been in place 2 years this month. Yes Roz 2 years already, and NO escapes, Well 1 when Zubin jumped from the small shed straight on to the extension and he was off. But that was sorted straight away and all is well.

This is the best item ever and If I had the money (I'm all spent out *boo hoo*) I would put a bid on this just to keep spares in stock in case anything happend.  not that it will.

Like Roz said - your cats saftey or you foilage, I know what I would choose. You can either re-plant low growing things or just keep your existing ones trimmed. I worry about the neighbous tree touching my netting so I will try and chop that my self if I can. Jane on the right hand side has trimmed hers, she knows I worry. She lovely and kind.

Linda - this one will be yours I can feel it in my bones.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »
Helen you must approach it in the "I really don't want them soiling in your garden" way it worked a treat for me!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »
Helen, thank you so much for bidding on this item and I am sure you will be soo pleased with the fencing.  I would love to use it so that my indoors could go out but then my outdoors would be trapped :shocked:, oh the complications of so many cats :rofl: :rofl:, but once again  :thankyou:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 01:09:56 AM »
Oh you mean the Bridge incident  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Yes I reckon you need a drink and my eyes are getting  :Crazy: :Crazy: here  ;D

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 01:07:15 AM »
Oh God, this is worse than that fateful night you know when....

I think a stiff Scotch and ginger is called for now and a toddle off to bed.  I can't remember when I last worked so hard

....hiccup....hiccup 
  :tired:

Quea...hiccup...Queak...hiccup...Queakie
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 01:02:51 AM »
And I better do this before i flippin forget!!

:auction 2:

Helen £120  I dont think you will regret this and its a total bargin  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »
I know Queakie its a great bid and a fab item, I would love it myself.

I not doing calculators tonight..................Ohhhhhhhhhhh the suspense, but you know what that means dont you  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 00:57:35 AM »
SNEAKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We've landed one in the net   Where's ya calculator?
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 00:55:38 AM »
Excellent news!!  Well done Helen.....If you end up with the kit, you're not on your own cos we're always here to help if you need any advice.  And you do get full instructions with the kits.  We're not MFI !! ha ha

Lots of love

Roz :thankyou:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 00:48:57 AM »
Thanks Roz, the boys are indoor only at the minute so that's why the issue of my potential new neighbour is worrying me more than the thought of them coming to any harm as they are safe and sound inside at the moment!

I'm going to take a risk on having a nice new neighbour and bid on this very generous item...

£120

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 00:43:33 AM »
Hi Helen,

I wish I could allay your fears...the clips and brackets are usually the last thing on peoples minds when they approach me for the cat-proofing kits.  It is a system designed to keep your cats in your garden.  It has to be fitted tightly to your fence otherwise the cats would escape.  The system works because of the angled netting, but this netting has to be supported.

If it helps, all I can say is that loads of people have fitted this system and very few of them have worried about the clips that require to be fitted to their neighbour's fence.  The only ones who worry about this are those whose neighbours are threatening to poison their cats or worse unless they are kept out of their gardens....yes, there are some monsters out there!

If you didn't want to fix directly on to your neighbour's fence (although he would never see the screws because they are only securing cable), you could always fit a wooden batten along the length of his fence.  But I really think you are worrying unnecessarily about this.  I am the last person in the world to cajole anyone into buying something if it is not suitable for them and I would discuss your garden in detail before you purchased but this aspect of the system is not as important as I think you think it is. Trust me :) (I realise of course that these are just preliminary questions)

And yes, I think you would need to ask someone to put it up for you...although I mustn't be sexist about this because I have one lady (a member of the Halle Orchestra no less) who installed the whole system herself and then wrote to Celia Haddon at the Daily Telegraph (Pet Page) to say how wonderful it was!!!  My telephone didn't stop ringing for a month!  That was in 2003 - I've been corresponding with her again just lately because she wanted to erect a cat-friendly ladder up to her garage roof, which would have made the cat-proofed part of her garden vulnerable, so that the local feral cats could come and go as they please and find a shelter to stay in....This had to be made safe so I've had to redesign certain areas of her garden but we did it and everyone is happy!  All my customers are completely nuts but absolutely wonderful.

Any clearer now?   :tired:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 00:13:10 AM »
Sorry Helen but I cant tell you any more cos I have only sen the pictures like you can.

What I suggest is that you pm Gail cos those are her pictures and am sure that she would be able to answer all your questions  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 23:37:38 PM »
Well I have a loft so as long as it will fit through the hatch that sounds good... I'm having difficulty envisaging these cables and clips (I'm DIY dyslexic, someone else would have to put this up for me!).  Still a bit worried about the fence not belonging to me and attching these 'clips'.  Roughly how many clips would I need to attach to the neighbours fence?

Sorry for all the questions but it's a bit difficult to envisage it, hopefully it's not too intrusive so any potential neighbours would give me permission.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 23:47:41 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 22:15:22 PM »
Hi Helen,

Last question first: it does take up a bit of space.  The box measures 5ft x 1ft x 1ft (the brackets are the reason for this).

The clips are fixed to the lowest strand of cable so that the cat cannot push his head underneath the netting.  The brackets are linked by three strands of cable.  The netting is fixed to these to give the system support.

The lowest strand sits at the top of your fence (or wherever you site the bend in the bracket..usually at the top of your fence)  This is the most important strand of cable because it actually seals off your fence.  If you didn't fit it securely to the top of your fence, it would be flapping about and your cat would be able to scale the fence and push its head underneath and drop down easily to the other side, wouldn't it?  Now Helen...lesson number one in catproofing is: THINK LIKE A CAT... :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 22:06:52 PM »
You do have to fix the clips to the top of the fence to anchor the lowest strand of cable (otherwise the cats would push their head under it) but these are only screwed in and really do no damage to the fencing.

Sorry I'm being thick, I don't get what you mean by this  :shy:  Good news about the fence posts though, I don't suppose anyone could object to the fence posts being drilled into  ;D

Another issue for me would be storage until I move, how much room would the kit take up?

ccmacey

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 22:06:09 PM »
Sorry I couldnt, I dont think I could pay with manopoly (sp) money   :evillaugh:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 22:04:59 PM »
Ooooh I got outbid on this last year, pipped at the post so to speak  :evillaugh:  I will be watching with interest  :sneaky:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 22:01:22 PM »
I've just sold a kit today to a young lady who is skint at the moment....and she's having to pay me with three post-dated cheques!!!  Now I could have told her to look in on Purrs......heh heh :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 21:59:38 PM »
sizes in the original post cc

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 21:56:38 PM »
The brackets are secured to the fence posts usually.  You do have to fix the clips to the top of the fence to anchor the lowest strand of cable (otherwise the cats would push their head under it) but these are only screwed in and really do no damage to the fencing.  Most people grow plants up against the fences belonging to their neighbours and fix trellis to it and all sorts of other things but do they ever seek permission for this?  And these things do far more harm to the fencing than our cat-proofing system does.  Also it does not affect anyone else's amenity in any way.

NEXT.....

ccmacey

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 21:54:35 PM »
I would love it , maybe it would actually keep Harry in? But I aint got that sort of cash.  :( Helen I dont think people would mind its only a fence and Im sure people would rather than than cats in their garden, some people just dont like then, AND I think you would get it for this price as I dont think anyone would bid against you, were all skint (I speak for myself there) Its really great and if I had the cash It would be mine.

What area does it cover?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 21:52:44 PM »
Yes you will have to but they wont go through to the other side.

Dont you have hanging baskets or bird feeders or trellace attached to fences?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 21:49:48 PM »
How does it attch to the fence then - don't you have to drill holes in it?

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 21:45:13 PM »
Hi Helen,

There is never usually a problem with using your side of someone else's fence.  Very few people object.  It doesn't harm the fence in any way and is not considered a permanent structure. 

Usually you will find that your neighbours are only too happy that you are being responsible enough to keep your cats in your garden and not theirs...!  (Many people who encourage birds into their garden...my hoppers are all out the front of my house... blame cats for the annihilation of the songbirds and especially their chicks....so by keeping your cats in your own garden you are often pleasing your neighbours.  And there's always the subject of defecation which irritates many gardeners or parents). :)

You can always keep it in storage for when ya get that garden.  It's not gonna be this price again.

Gosh I'm working hard here...I've never been known for a hard sell...Most folks think I'm so laid back I'm practically horizontal!  :evillaugh:

Hope that helps..

NEXT......

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 21:44:26 PM »
it only bolts on your side of fence and when ypou leave you can take it down and take it with you  ;D

Yes but in most properties one fence belongs to the neighbour the other to you.  Even though I'd be bolting it on to overhang in my garden it's still their fence and couldn't do it without permission  :(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 21:41:36 PM »
it only bolts on your side of fence and when ypou leave you can take it down and take it with you  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 21:42:48 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 21:38:32 PM »
Does it have to be bolted into the other side of the fence? Im sure the neighbours would rather this than cats coming into their garden but then again you might be lucky and get neighbours that like cats  :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 21:30:18 PM »
What a generous donation  :wow:

I'd LOVE to bid on this but my problem is that I don't have a suitable garden yet.  I'm looking to move but then there's no guarantee my potential  new neighbours would allow me to bolt the system onto their side of the fence  :(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 21:32:17 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 21:07:04 PM »
Oh a rider to my previous post.  Should anyone want to see any other piccies I can e-mail them lots more...including my own garden.  I love Gail's though because they show the system very well...without foliage to obscure the view.  And there is that naughty Zubin  :naughty: always in the shot.  Normally, the cat-proofing is almost invisible.   

Similarly, any questions, please just ask.

Thanks very much.

Roz

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 21:00:26 PM »
Aw thanks Gillikins......and thanks also to Gail for allowing me to show these pix of her garden with the wonderful Zubin.  It's so good to see the continuity through the seasons.

Now, anyone out there who is at present sitting by their window anxiously awaiting their kitty to come home should think about putting this system up in their garden.  It really is the end of sleepless nights! :)

Lots of love

Roz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 20:26:51 PM »
Ok back to the item in question the cat proofing kit and this is the one that is the same and was won last year on the auction.

As you will see in the lovely pictures , it has been put up and the bengals are lovely and safe and enjoying the seasonal weather  ;D

I hope we get some bids for this great gift  ;D

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 17:58:25 PM »
I have no Garden :(
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 16:47:15 PM »
How I wish I had my own house (not renting) with proper fences etc <sigh>

C'mon guys, get bidding for this, I've seen the pictures of peeps on here who have installed it, and it looks FANTASTIC!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 16:35:21 PM »
I just wish I had two pennies to rub together cos would love it........sigh

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 16:34:04 PM »
Ive already got cat proofing too....why could'nt the Auction of been in the summer  :tired:

Seriously folks for your kitty to be able to go outside and still be safe this kit is a must, no more sitting up late nights worrying about where our furbabes are is bliss  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 15:49:07 PM »
I've already got cat proofing but if anyone is thinking of getting it this is a brilliant product

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 15:41:45 PM »
I need to push this to the top of the pile cos its come in late and a some bids on it would ber great...........wheres da pics Roz , we need publicity  :rofl: :rofl:

Its only for the genuine bidder as stated in the original post but will protect your feline it a great cat=proofed garden  ;D

No where could you buy something like this for the start bid price and its actaul sale price would be £300.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 00:30:43 AM »
New Item opening bid of £120 needed please  ;D ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 20:38:54 PM »
oooh what a wonderfully generous offer from Roz  :Luv2:

For anyone that isn't familiar with this system I know that it is wonderful and comes highly recommended by many Purrs and CatChat members.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 18:27:09 PM »
EDIT

This post comes up in the top two when you google secur-a-cat so thought I'd put in an update for all those searching for info on secur-a-cat fencing.

The cat proof fencing is up and really works, I have had no escapes (or even close) from my two young, adventurous cats.  Would highly recommend it  ;D

Info on the system is available by emailing Securacat@aol.com or by ringing them on 01553 776417  ;D

I am posting this very valuable item for our good mate Roz whose company designed and markets these.

I hope that you will be able to make bids for it cos its just a stunning addition to our auction  ;D

SECUR-A-CAT GARDEN CAT-PROOFING KIT

Anyone who has ever lost a cat on the road knows the heartbreak this causes.  This product offers you the opportunity to keep your cat(s) entertained within the safety of your own garden.

Description

The garden cat-proofing system has been designed to keep your cat within the boundaries of your own garden.  It fits to an existing framework of solid garden fencing.  Whether that framework is wooden, brick or chainlink is unimportant but it must be in good order and at least 5ft in height – 6ft is ideal.  Natural hedging is not suitable.

Angled brackets are fitted to your fence and these are linked with three strands of strong twine that support lightweight netting.  Cats cannot negotiate the netting which forms the barrier for your garden.

If you have sheds, pergolas, summerhouses, trees, an extension which has low eaves, or any other structure that is close to the perimeter of your garden, this will need to be cat-proofed as well. 

A standard kit will enclose a 50ft x 50ft garden (150ft …..three sides, your house usually forms the fourth side).  Extra quantities are available on request but these will have to be bought at the normal price.

Full instructions are included with each kit but we are always on hand should you require any help.  It is relatively easy to install for anyone used to handling tools, but can be time consuming...especially at this time of the year when the weather and light is not on your side.

This product is not designed to beautify your garden, but having said that, it is fairly unnoticeable once in place.  Interested parties must understand however, that access to the top of the fence.... and to a distance of three feet within it, is imperative, so shrubs and trees must be ruthlessly cut back or removed.  Sadly, it sometimes comes down to a straight choice between your foliage or your cat's safety. 

Starting Price: £120 + £15 carriage.   

Normal Retail Price: £300 + £15 carriage  - Standard Kit only

*extra materials can be bought at the usual price by separate arrangement*.

N.B. I have to insist that genuine bidders only apply for this product because it is a serious system and I would not wish to see it being offered for resale on ebay.  It is important to the integrity of my company that this product is sold correctly and for that reason I like to discuss each of my customers' requirements with them prior to sale so that any complications can be resolved and/or extra materials be included with the product before it is despatched .…..which is why I have chosen not to sell through retail outlets or ‘ebay’

If anyone would like more information on the product or would prefer to discuss the system with me directly please e-mail me with your telephone number and I will be very happy to contact you and (hopefully) answer all your questions.

I am hoping to be able to post some great pictures of this in action, shortly  ;D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Lots of love

Roz     

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 20:27:36 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat