Author Topic: Togetherness is a cosy bed  (Read 2783 times)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Re: Togetherness is a cosy bed
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
Hi folks,

I was really concerned when I got Frankie as to how well he'd fit in with Alfie especially as I only had a few days leave left to do the introductions and help him settle in. As many of you know I adopted Alfie first back in March last year and he really made himself at home very quickly then I adopted my Mum's cat Suzie a few months later in August and they never really hit it off, not nasty stuff but Suzie wanted to be left alone and hissed at Alfie and Alfie wanted to be friends and defend his "gaff" from this strange hissing tabby :).

Frankie found his paws very quickly after I adopted him last November and Alfie was a bit cautious of the new BIG black cat but quickly found a soul mate in Frankie. They're all quite different Suzie is old and very highly strung, she just wants to sleep all day have attention all night, warmth, comfort and a good nosh every evening. Alfie's a really smart young cat, very inquisitive and playful and he will defend his teritory from all comers but seems happy to do a time share with Frankie. Frankie's very laid back in fact the most laid back cat I've ever known, a sort of gentle black giant, he loves his food, enjoys a play with his toys and is always "talking/grunting" as he bumbles his way around the flat and he also loves to climb up on my lap for a stroke and cuddle. Alfie and Frankie do wrestle and chase each other arround a bit but there's no malice they're just two young cats doing what cats do and it never lasts long as Frankie doesn't like to expend too many of his enjoyably digested calories in active persuits :).

All told I'm delighted that they all get on so well, even Suzie is less stressed as the boys tend to leave her alone and follow each other about. They're all very loving towards me and love to climb on me on the settee and Suzie on the bed so I've never got an empty lap for very long :). I really enjoy coming home from work as I know they're always there to great me, the thought of returning home to any empty flat is just too depressing for words. Just when I think that I know all their tricks and habits they'll come up with something new :).

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:47:00 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 03:08:07 AM »
Awww.... Curled up cats, so sweet. Right at this moment my old ladies are squashed into one foam bed, Polly cuddling into Samantha's tum. Sam always takes the 'mother' position. A few hours ago, they were chasing around and rolling about, play wrestling!

Cats.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 03:10:45 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 19:00:38 PM »
They look very relaxed with each other; it's always good to see cats as pals.

Wonderful

Bob

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 18:02:31 PM »
Love the Jazz Cats on Speakers, photo!

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 17:19:30 PM »
Awwww Leigh what great pics  :Luv:

It's great to see them getting on so well xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 11:34:37 AM »
I love that those two boys are getting on so well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »
It's so nice to see them curled up together isn't it?  I have a pic of Jaffa and Mosi curled up together somewhere but my camera lead is broken so can't get it onto computer. 

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 10:05:40 AM »
awwww ur cats look beautiful

[attachment deleted by admin]
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
Hi folks,

LOL Ela, I borrowed Peewee (love the name) for the photo and spirited him back again before you checked on him :)

Hi Raynard, I worked for a while as a photographer before getting into multi-media. Nowdays I work as a multi-media producer, still photography, 3-d photography, video, graphics and audio. I lenjoy the multi-diisciplinary nature of the work and planning it and putting it all together in the final product. Somethimes the project demands elements of the above, sometimes all of the above and no two projects are ever exactly the same.

Another pic, Frankie and Alfie both love to climb up on the sub-woofer speaker by the living room window and Frankie beat Alfie to it so, not to be outdone, Alfie jumped up onto one of the main speakers to get a clear view over Frankie's head, multi-story puddy tat parkiing, smart boy :)

Cheers. all,

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:06:52 AM by LeighK »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »
My two oldest cats will literally curl up on top of each other. They've known each other for over ten years though, now and when I got my oldest tom he was a kitten. I think my old girls mothering instinct kicked in when she saw him. The other two will sleep near each other, but not curled up together, and for some reason that makes me sad. I think it's because I feel like they're missing out on the strong bond the other two have.

I do love that picture though! The expressions are priceless!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
The Tabby and white cat looks like my Peewee, just to make sure I have just gone up to him and had a good look.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 23:00:11 PM »
Nice pic!  :Luv: Gorgeous furries too.  ;D

Didn't know you were a photog - never did the apprentice thing, self-taught me, but still the hard way. But do mainly race cars.

Hi folks,

As far as I know this is the first time that they've curled up together, certainly the first time I've seen them do it and that made it a special moment as I love it too when they snuggle up together. It is Frankie's bed and he was lying in it when, much to my surpise, Alfie climbed in and lay down next to him, I grabed the camera and took a few shots.
Hi shecat, thanks, I did train years ago as a photographer, the hard way as an apprentice,for peanuts, before going it alone and they make it easy for me as they're always up to something photogenic :)

Cheers

Leigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 22:18:07 PM »
Hi folks,

As far as I know this is the first time that they've curled up together, certainly the first time I've seen them do it and that made it a special moment as I love it too when they snuggle up together. It is Frankie's bed and he was lying in it when, much to my surpise, Alfie climbed in and lay down next to him, I grabed the camera and took a few shots.
Hi shecat, thanks, I did train years ago as a photographer, the hard way as an apprentice,for peanuts, before going it alone and they make it easy for me as they're always up to something photogenic :)

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 22:21:07 PM by LeighK »

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 22:09:51 PM »
Thats beautiful,

Tell you what Leigh you are an artist.  I had my three curled up on the bed and my photo was a smudgy shape with 3 tails :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

yours  are aboslutely amazing

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 22:03:37 PM »
Ahhhhhh adorable.  I wish my babies would curl up together :(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 22:00:19 PM »
Awwww that's adorable. Bilbo and Tigger haven't curled up together since they were about 5 months old. I love seeing cats snuggled up together  :Luv: :Luv:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 21:47:10 PM »
Awwwww  :)

Gerti and Cheese were sharing a blanket before -  I love finding kitties curled up together  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Togetherness is a cosy bed
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 21:15:06 PM »
Hi folks,

Couldn't resist this pic, taken this evening of Frankie and Alfie sharing a bed :)

Cheers

Leigh

Link to CatChat