Author Topic: Ddraigmor back - but with sad news.......  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Ddraigmor back - but with sad news.......
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 22:46:24 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed for unknown kitty, and I do hope that an indoor kitty would be a good solution for you, and that you can find a new friend soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 18:45:52 PM »
Hi Jonty 

I hope that poor kitty is ok :(

An indoor cat sounds like what you need.  As others have said there are lots of kitties that need to be kept indoors for various reasons so perhaps that would be a solution for you.  Lots of us on here keep indoor cats and they are perfectly happy :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 18:15:51 PM »
Ah Jonty sorry that the little kitty got caught up in that today...hope he's ok.

As for you, I agree, an indoor cat is great. and in rented accommodation not a bad idea to keep them in...most kits who are litter trained would not be a prob. lovely company...my lexy keeps me entertained endlessly.

Hugs

ruth

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 17:32:46 PM »
Hi all,

Had a nose around - no sign. The usual places out front - under the hedges, by the bins..... nothing. I really hope that it got home OK and that it is being cared for. Ouch, the thought hurt!

Indoor cat. Wow..... an idea anyway. As for cat proofing the garden, I rent - so that's out. You seen the prices here?  :sick:

I love all your advice and Hi Sam!  :Luv: I tried to harness train Minstrel, as readers on the other forum will recall. Great first time as he wanted out but afte that.....?  :censored: He was a spitting, snarling, wriggling bal of fur - the only time I ever saw him lose his temper!

I am still looking though. I might try a tri to the animal rescue place but there is so much going on here at the mo. My daughter has decided to go back to live with her mum and go to Uni - the RAF dive-bombed, if you'll pardon the pun! Also, I am working hard to keep a relationship-over-distance going as well............ so my head is everywhere but where it should be!

I think that the cat will 'find' me......... The Queen still visits daily (except in rain) and she is friendly and just takes the house over so I know cats like me!

Eeeh........sometimes, it's hard to be a real man........ (Tommy Winett. Big in The Wheeltappers and Shunters in Blackpool......)

Good to hear from you all!

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 16:59:39 PM »
Poor pusscat  :( I hope s/he is OK, too.

It does sound like where you live is probably somewhere where it's not a good idea for cats to have free reign... I live somewhere like that too, so at the moment my cats are indoor cats, and I'm going to get my garden cat-proofed when I can afford it, so they'll be able to play out there too, safe from the traffic and the horrid lads with their dogs and so on.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 16:57:11 PM »
With regards to you getting another furbabe why not get a house cat .... there are lots of kitties that for one reason of another are best kept indoors (deaf / blind / FIV / 3 legs etc)  if you get a young cat you could always harness train it so you could go out together.

Can definitely recommend homing an FIV+ furbabe  ;D

Hope the poor little babe who was hit by the car made it home safely.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 15:58:02 PM »
Hullo Jonty
I'd say the same - have a root around your garden and the surrounding areas just in case. I hope the poor little soul got home though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 15:59:30 PM by billy and baggys dad »
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 14:26:54 PM »
Hi Ya Jonty,

Good to hear from you again.

Fingers crossed this little kitty will have made it home and his mummy and daddy will be able to get him to a vet if injured   .. it might be an idea to have a good look round you neighbours and yours gardens if possible just in case it has crawled under a bush.

With regards to you getting another furbabe why not get a house cat .... there are lots of kitties that for one reason of another are best kept indoors (deaf / blind / FIV / 3 legs etc)  if you get a young cat you could always harness train it so you could go out together.

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
Ddraigmor back - but with sad news.......
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 14:11:35 PM »
Hi all,

I'm back - some PC issues, a writing commission with illustrations, work.........Oh, where does it stop? :innocent:

Two pieces of news. I am still not anywhere nearer getting a repacement for my beloved Minstrel. It's not that I haven't been looking - I have. It's just that I am now even more aware of how precarious this place is. I was at home today, taken a bit of leave to catch up with the domestic God jobs (and done about 50% of them........). A little after 10am, there was a ringing on the bell which is unusual as I don't know anyone here (Um, I don't bother to really if truth be told......), my daughter was at work and the post had been. Anyway, I answered it to a very upset lady who asked me if I had a cat.....

She had just seen a grey tabby being knocked over by a car - who sped off without stopping. She got out of hers but the cat had gone. She looked around and saw it under my neighbour's car, looking very distressed and very noisy. Unable to reach it herself she sought help - but my neighbour wasn't in and she came to my place. By the time we got on all fours, the cat had gone.

She says that the cat was given a real impact, enough to throw it to the kerb. The car was travelling far too fast, she says, and apart from braking, just drove off.

I don't know if anyone in the Kidlington area reads these threads or if you know anyone up here but I would like to know if the cat made it home - or is posted missing. If so, then there are many places here that it could have gone to. Shrubs, trees, behind someone's bin......

So I am now even more convinced that this is a dangerous area to live if you are a cat. The galling thing is I have just done a speeding course (that or another three points - which had just expired.......) so I am aware now of the speed limit. I don't speed in built up areas anyway as a matter of course (but driving a 2L Golf TDi was a bit too much to handle and I was caught on the M way first time and in another Golf on the ring road time two......both hire cars for work I might add! ) - but around here there are no speed bumps and no cameras - and plenty of speeding motorists who use it as a rat run.......

Is it me? Will I ever get another cat? I feel awful about not getting one but this is the third cat (mine included) I know of in an RTA in two months.

BTW, why does the law say report a dog but not a cat?

Greetings, otherwise, to all and hope you'e fine.

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Link to CatChat