Author Topic: help with cat food  (Read 7677 times)

ccmacey

Re: help with cat food
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »
When my OH's mum comes round, (oh the thought) she says where are the cats and I say asleep wherever, she says they will sit on the baby and smother him. Not everyone grew up in the 50tys you know.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »

To be honest I think that one came from the same school as all ginger cats are male, all white cats are deaf, and midwives  who say you need to re-home your cat if you are pregnant.

YOU KNOW !!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
one of my tutors at college who teaches biology and nutrition

To be honest I think that one came from the same school as all ginger cats are male, all white cats are deaf, and midwives  who say you need to re-home your cat if you are pregnant.

Unless there is a food intolerance I think different brands are OK however, the same flavour I think is not an issue in most cases. Also it is surprising what is in certain foods e.g. one brand of Tuna has livestock intestine as an ingredient.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:31:44 AM »
It sounds a good idea to make sure that they will eat more than one kind of food - if she prefers wet, I would't worry too much, it is better for senior cats anyway with the moisture content. The only one I have seen that does come purely in one flavour is Asda Tiger Senior - that is in Gravy though. I use HiLife Senior at the mo, and that comes in 3 flavours, 2 are chicken based and the third contains it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maximina (Mike's Mom)

• Adult Cat
  • Mike's Mom
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 05:48:04 AM »
I feed my senior cat food (both dry food and wet chicken cans) from Hill's ScienceDiet. He LOVES it. Can't get enough. In fact the dry food has helped my mother bulk up her skeletal senior cat who I had posted about previously. I don't know if you can get it in bulk but I do highly recommend ScienceDiet. They have other flavors besides chicken too, but the chick is my cat's favorite.

Chiriffmissy

help with cat food
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 00:20:20 AM »
some time this year im supposed to be putting missy on senior diet and i was given the advice not so long a go to keep her on same flavor just different brands (different brands just in case one stops producing that food) and the food she will eat is chicken so really i need a company that sells senior cat food in just chicken flavour in bulk does anyone know of a company that does just that flavour in bulk? ive tried zooplus and pet planet and the only one i can find is hills but dont know if thats chicken flavour it just says original she virtually only eats wet food she will eat some dry but not much ive tried putting her onto just dry food but she wont have it and forgot to say incase anyone questions me the advice that i mentioned was from someone who should know it was from one of my tutors at college who teaches biology and nutrition
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 00:22:36 AM by Chiriffmissy »

Link to CatChat