Author Topic: what would you do  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: what would you do
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »
At least there is a happy ending to this one.
Please spay your cat

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 19:16:52 PM »
she did tell me that she had offered to get her fixed beforehand but they refused still i feel a little sad but relieved

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 19:14:41 PM »
well that's good news  - at least they are going to take better care of her than her former owner ....

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 18:56:08 PM »
just to update unfortunatley this wee little girl was sold two days after it was mentioned to me. she is now living with a couple who also have a persian and is due to be fixed next week

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 15:41:38 PM »
The worse they would do is mouth off and seize the cat, its not like furballmom can be arrested for stopping one of their cats from selling on free ads  :Crazy:
If anybody would get into trouble it would be the adopter for being a  :censored:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
I would like to think that is they way RSPCA would see it, but we all know they have odd ways of working.
Please spay your cat

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 18:47:00 PM »
Sorry to repeat myself, but I really don't think that the RSPCA would view it as anything other that you making sure that the kitten didn't get sold on.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 18:36:14 PM »
I dont think there would be repercussions on you, they would be most grateful the kitten is safe, i hope she hasnt sold it yet!

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 18:02:35 PM »
tried ringing rspca today as suggested but they were engaged will try again tomorrow. like desley mentioned i don't want to take this wee one on and then have the repurcushions for trying to do the right thing. hope that makes sense . i will update once i have some news

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 16:51:44 PM »
Any update on this?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Here at CP we have a "contract" that says that we will always take our cats back into care if there is a problem or change of circumstace. If we found out that someone hadn't neutered their kitten and were planning to sell her on the free ads, then we would be delighted to get a call from someone responsible who had stepped in! We would probably come and visit you to do a home check and if we felt it was unsuitable, then we would have the "right" to take her away and re-home her, but we would spay her before she was re-homed again.

If we felt your house was suitable and you were willing to keep her then we would check that you had neutered her and then leave you to it!

I, of course, do not know what the RSPCA would do, but I would definately step in for the meantime and then deal with the issues later. The main thing is to keep the kitten off the street and off the damn free ads.

On a side note, people often complain about how picky CP are about who are and where our kittens are adopted, but (generally) we don't have people handing them back. Perhaps if certain rescues (not just the RSPCA) didn't hand out kittens and cats like sweets, people like you wouldn't have to step in and stress themselves silly *rant over* Sorry!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 10:58:47 AM »
i have 4 yes and believe me i have thought long and hard about it i just don't want this little one being turned in to a breeding machine. since we got the kittens both gimlee and phoenix have really come out of there shells and the kittens will happily play with any one gimlee is stil a scardy cat with visitors but thats only the human kind. he is getting better why is this so hard

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
If it were me id collect the cat and then phone the rspca. If they want her back at least then she is safe.
It is important to think about how another would affect the balance in your home. You have 4 already?

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
i'm really torn at the moment part of me says get the cat and hope for the best with the rspca then panic sets in that they won't allow her to stay and that they would say i have to many cats in my flat already. the other half is saying just report her which i would do but i don't have her address help

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 00:27:38 AM »
Well done you and good luck!

Yes I like a well decorated home but carpet is carpet and a life is a life and it also amazes me about her letting the poor sweetie have a litter before shes fixed.  >:( Is this the old wives tale rearing it's head again? My OH's mother is a follower of this bunkum, just as well Suki her cat was already spayed before she got her or there would have been a 'reckoning' with me ;)

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 22:44:29 PM »
i think either way she will end up hear as if i mentioned it to her there's no way she would do that if i can get her here then if needed will hand her over to the rspca but i will contact them first thing tomorrow

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 22:35:14 PM »
IT really does depend on each rescue. I would contact them regardless of whether you want her or not, as they will hopefully step in and make sure she doesn't go to the wrong kind of person, rather than your friend advertising her.
Please spay your cat

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 22:30:50 PM »
i will contact the recue desley if i decided i wanted  her would they let her come to me or would they put her up for rehomimg again. not to sure how it works

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 22:12:47 PM »
i really would urge you to speak to the rescue she came from first, as there should be a contract about this, and I would hate for someone to find out and come and take her from you, or cause an issue if she is rehomed with someone else - she may also be chipped and registered to the rescue. Our contract states that we have to be contacted if you can no longer keep them, and we do have the right to remove the kitten/cat if we are concerned, or if they haven't kept up with teh terms, which do include neutering.
Please spay your cat

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 21:08:48 PM »
she hasn't been done due to her getting her as a kitten i'm desperate to get this little one now that way i know she will be safe i'm worried for her as she is still a kitten no older than 8 months i think. i will keep her on a temp basis and see what happens. the only worry is getting to her first

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 19:58:57 PM »
I would take her in for the short term - at least you know she will be safe!

as for your aquaintance :censored: :censored: :censored:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 19:56:54 PM »
I personally would contact the RSPCA branch she got her from, and ask their advice - they may be able to send someone round to deal with it. Depending on her age, that could explain why she wasn't neutered, we have to let kittens go unneutered as the vets wont neuter under 5 months old
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 19:54:17 PM »
How odd that the little girl was unspayed from the RSPCA. Our local branch always spays before rehoming - I think that's pretty irresponsible on their part, actually.

Definitely take the little one in, if only on a foster situation. She's safer with you than plonked on the freeads.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 19:47:27 PM »
i think they do but if she will hand over the cat to me i will contact them or get her to do so rather than selling it on or what ever she plans to do with her

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 19:44:34 PM »
Don't the RSPCA have a policy like CP where they can't pass a cat on?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 19:44:05 PM »
the thing is its not the first time she has had cats some of the things she has said make my blood boil she wanted to let her have a litter before getting her fixed :censored: :censored: :censored: i will go see her tomorrow and hope she still has the little girl all i know is that she is female has been vaccinated but i think the wee one is more of a possession that a part of the family. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 19:40:02 PM »
I'd take it on, on a temporary basis, at least until it is spayed and then maybe use your ocntacts here to find it a home. But i would only do that on the basis that my friend swore on her children's heads that she would NEVER get an animal again until she has done her homework about the normal behaviour of that type of animal and had committed to giving it proper care. >:(

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
what would you do
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 19:37:01 PM »
an aquaintance of mine took on a kitten from the rspca a few months ago and all was fine. i spoke to her today for her to tell me she wants shot of the cat because it is recking her home  :censored: this makes my blood boil she told me that her cat is trashing her new wall paper so she is going to advertise it in the free ads. the thing that worrys me is that she hasn't been fixed yet. I'm tempted to take this little one in as i would hate to think that she would be taken in by some chav and turned into a kitten breeding machine. its either that or i think she may turn her out on the street. the question is should i take this wee one in or leave well alone and hope for the best.

Link to CatChat