Cat General > Cat welfare Issues and News

Was this person right?

<< < (2/3) > >>

YogiDot:
Thank you all for helping me work through this.  :thanks:

I very rarely get angry but the thought of the neighbours and family being told that putting a cherished pet out into the street to fend for herself was the right thing to do... well, you already know how I felt about it. I'm reconciled to the situation now, especially as not too much harm came to her while I was trying to reach her.  As you can imagine, I was beside myself with worry about what might happen to her before I could get there.

Her name is Sally and she is the sweetest most loving little thing. She was so very good on the long train journey home with me.  I'm hoping she will enjoy herself here once she is properly settled in.   :Luv2:

Liz:
It was wonderful you could step in but at the moment I know CP has branches closing down and the ones who are still coping with the ever increasing numbers have to make decisions that people won't and don't like

I know I have said no to a fair few ferals recently as we are at maximum numbers and I have sleepless nights thinking I could squeeze another one or 2 in but know in my heart it wouldn't be fair to the Clan we have several with illness - diabetics, hyperthyroid and my Calichii boy and I also have 3 Border Collies, work full time and do the Clan on my own the majority of the time as my OH works abroad

The ones in my care include several from various branches of CP as we were the only hope the ferals had

The other thing to remember is that the folks who run these branches are volunteers who also have day jobs and have to prioritise what needs help the most and also weigh up the vets bills and the likelihood of homing its is a very fine balancing act and one I stepped away from but am in the background doing trapping of ferals in my area and getting folks to feed them and all the stables now have ferals from me as I can't upset the balance of the ones who live in my garage and wendyhouse outside at their choice they are happy with their numbers and don't want newbies muscling in causing undue stress to them and my own mob who cohabit during day with them but are all in at night

lau200:
She is lovely  :Luv2: well done for taking her on. Does she have a name?

Dawn F:
she is lovely and so lucky you could step in and help

sheilarose:
Awww she's gorgeous! So pleased you've got her back home and she's responding. This is a huge deal for her and I'm sure she will repay you in full, and some.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version