Author Topic: home safe and sound (was: ... Smidgen is now officially missing)  (Read 13252 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: new use for Ikea cat tent ...
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 17:04:35 PM »
Hope he comes home very soon. :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 16:53:36 PM »
you and me both.  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 16:53:02 PM »
Hope he comes home soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 16:51:47 PM »
Not in the house next door. the one over the back fence and several doors down is having major work done. I have spoken to the workmen whose grasp on English is seriously limited. Will take pix to work tomorrow for printing and distributing to local workmen and kiddies if he doesn't turn up tonight. He has a voice on him so if he is stuck somewhere and he wants out it will be easy to find him. The handyman doing the house next door is, is suspect, also living there judging by the odd noise at night. He did take a strong interest in Smidgen so he will keep an eye out for me if he is not home tonight (assuming he has not cat-napped him).

Damn, I knew I shouldn't let him out till he was chipped... and he is hard to describe to people cos if you say tabby they think stripes, if you say ticked they have no idea what you are talking about.... photos are a must if I have to do a door to door tomorrow...

will start a new thread if he is not home by dark.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 16:46:47 PM »
Oh dear I do hope he comes home soon.

I wonder if they had any floorboards up, are the workmen back tomorrow, cos if he is not back by then I would definately insist on searching for him.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 16:24:33 PM »
no. worst case scenario they have locked him indoors but I did ask them to check before they closed up for the night. If they have I would see him at the window. They are just handyman doing a bit of a tidyup before the new tenants arrive, so not doing any major work that might hurt little kitties but it is definitely noisy so could have scared him. I have been out the back footpath with the dog who has shown no interest (and he is good at finding things I ask him to look for) and I have wandered around the street a bit but no sign of him. He could, of course, be in the next street over so I will go have a look there also. I have left the kitchen window open so he can get in if he comes back while we are gone. If he is not back by dinner time I will get seriously worried. He is such a confident wee man that he could have wandered into anyones home and goodness knows what reception he would have been given... :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 16:14:37 PM »
I would go out and look for Smidgon and I would be worried, could the workmen have shut him in somewhere unknowingly, or is there maybe places he can hide within the works and get trapped?

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 16:11:50 PM »
Gill, my very small lounge room has a stack of 26 cartons of books in one corner, a large settee on each of two sides, a cat climbing tower, two heaters an overexcited large dog and a cat in hunter mode in it. Where would you suggest I intervene ... ?

Sorry, but it was short and relatively painless (at least it did not protest) and the mouse suffered no more than was necessary - Esther is a very swift huntress. It is the price you pay for having predators for pets.

Smidgen, on the other hand, appears to have run away from home. I am begining to wonder if I should fret. Today was his first big day out unsupervised (in the sense I was checking on him at intervals but he has now disappeared so that is a little tricky. Should I fret, or should I assume that now the workmen have gone home for the day he will emerge from whatever patch of nettles he has been lurking under and will come home again??? :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 16:06:34 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :'(

All you had to do was remove the cats and put a box on its side with a piece of cheese in and it would have just walked into the box and been safe.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 14:33:17 PM »
You can get humane mousetraps from PAH  :yes:
too late! they apparently also make excellent mausoleums for displaying ones catch  :sick:

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 14:31:08 PM »
Poor Mousey!!!

You can get humane mousetraps from PAH  :yes:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 14:25:01 PM »
Sounds like fun :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
home safe and sound (was: ... Smidgen is now officially missing)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 13:34:18 PM »
 :sick: Esther has been outside and caught a mouse. She has it in her Ikea cat tent so it can not get out over the rim without her seeing it go ... Every now and then she lets it out and Shadow is terribly excited by this new game (if a little afraid of the mouse when it scampers over him. Have no chance of rescuing the poor thing as there is so much stuff still stacked around the living room that it can hide anywhere. Hope it finds the back door soon ... :sick:

Smidgen is nowhere to be seen (I suspect he is inspecting the empty house next door which is open at present due to workers in the place) so hopefully he will get hungry and come home soon, but preferable after the mouse has made its escape ...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 18:37:21 PM by blackcat »

Link to CatChat