Author Topic: Found cat E17 Black and White DLH - Ivan  (Read 15707 times)

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Re: Ivan
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 20:19:33 PM »
It continues to amaze me the positions that cats get into when sleeping and still are comfy.  My Chloe (at the bridge) used to have her back legs face in the complete opposite direction to her front ones.

Sending lots of healing to Al and Ivan.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 20:00:44 PM »
that boy certainly seems to know what the back of a sofa is for, doesn't he :Luv:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 18:48:15 PM »
Slip slidin' away.  :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 18:21:31 PM »
Al can't get in, Gill, his microchip was never registered to the flap so he's locked out.  :scared:

Need him to go into the trap so have baited it with waitrose tuna chunks in jelly, only the best for my boys  ;)

Fingers and paws crossed here.

Ivan is conked out on the back of the couch, he's slowly slipping down onto my shoulder he's so out of it. Bless his exhausted little dirty socks. :care:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 17:50:50 PM »
On the whole good news then  ;D

He now looks like he has been fighting with the vet  :innocent:

I hope Al will turn up and if its chucking it down he is probably hiding out.

Just a thought he may have tried to get back into the flap and couldnt and probably needs to see another cat get in successfully.

We having odd showers of rain and when drove past neighbours they have now taken up............drilled up the who;e of side path to the side gate..........when are they going to blooming stop  >:(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 17:11:03 PM »
Ivan has no microchip.  :(

Neil thinks he's probably between two and three because of his prominent jowls and very tough skin around his scruff.

He's unneutered, wormy and battle-weary and has a slight temperature. The wounds on his head needed investigation because of the swelling which is painful, so he was given a local anaesthetic and Neil picked off his scabs, thankfully the wounds are now clean. Neil said that we got him in just before they turned nasty. A covenia jab will bring his temperature back to normal in no time and should deal with the swelling over his eye.  :)

The wound on his leg we were so worried about turned out to be a crushed snail that was worked into his fur!  :-[

All said, his health is not too bad so Neil was able to give Ivan his first set of vaccs, and microchip him.  ;D Booked in for castration on Friday.  ;)

Here's my poor boy now, home safe and happy to be indoors out of the torrential rain.

Just need little Al to make an appearance now and my happiness will be complete.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 15:21:18 PM »
Ivan is wonderful and so sad someone didnt neuter him if he was loved.

He sounnds just like my Kocka who was even more tame as she just invited herself into my garden, lay down by my side and moved into my house........reckon she was dumped and was flea ridden.

She was well trained and trained me far too well and was my introduction to cats who I had hated.

I reckon prob as you that Ivan is battled scared cos he is unneutered.

It would be so lovely if Alvin was able to trust you and is reunited with his friend  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 14:14:05 PM »
Sitting on the cat tree watching the rain falling, Ivan just let off a horrible fart then jumped on my knee, purring away contentedly. He really is a lovely chap, albeit very smelly indeed.  :fart:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »
Thanks Helen, there's no giveaway Tomcat stink either so he's not entire, and he's just sitting at my feet like he's always lived here. Poor baby.  :-:

Did I say that? Cor, you could slice the stink in here this morning with a blunt spoon  :sick: And now it's daylight I can see a most impressive pair of testicles  :-:

No sign of Alvin today although I heard someone calling outside a few minutes ago but that could be Vidal. I've re-set the trap and baited it with Felix marinades, hopefully Alvin will be hungry soon.  :(

The irony of Alvin escaping only moments before catching Ivan is not lost on me and I could kick myself for being so careless. I'm now sure these two are best buddies as their characters are so similar.

Ivan also managed to escape.  :shify: :doh: He'd been so friendly with the others I'd let him into the kitchen while I made breakfast and once again set the flap to "in" only - except it wasn't, it was on "Out" wasn't it  :stupid:  :-[  He's smart and fast, faster than a hung over, dimwitted human anyway.  :-:

Thankfully, OH spotted his scrawny tail end disappearing through the flap and I gave chase with chikkun which stopped him in his tracks, enabling me to scoop him up and chuck him back in the front room.  :phew: Bless him, he loves his chikkun.  :)

He's currently poking his paws through the slightly open window. I'm afraid this is not an option as his stink is quite overpowering.

OK so does Ivan/Ivana use the litter tray?  If answer is yes, methinks you may have found the purrfect cat  :wow: 

Yes, he does. He's the nicest stray cat I think I've ever met, loves his cuddles and strokes, quite happy to be picked up and fussed.  :Luv:

The state of him is really appalling. There's a big wound over his eye which has swollen and makes him look squinty, it's soft, fluid filled so I think there's infection in there. There's also a wound on his back leg which has bled into his fur and scabs all over his face, neck and chest, a deep cut under his chin which has clotted but remains sore (the only thing he's growled about when I poked it).

You'll remember I fed him in the week with capstar laced dinner so at least he hasn't got any live fleas, but his tummy is swollen - presumably with worms. He let me put an Effipro on him earlier today so he just needs a milbemax to deal with his worms, then we can start thinking about neutering.

He's booked in to see Neil at 3.20 today, the castration will have to wait though because I'm in Coventry until Tuesday night then OH is off to Amsterdam until Thursday, which means we can't co-ordinate an all day event until Friday... stinky house time.

Ivan sounds adorable and definitely like someone's pet. Fingers crossed he's chipped and his slaves can be found. If not, I suspect he (or she) has landed on his feet and found himself a new home.

Hoping fervently for a microchip, whoever lost this little gent must be gutted.  :(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
Ivan sounds adorable and definitely like someone's pet. Fingers crossed he's chipped and his slaves can be found. If not, I suspect he (or she) has landed on his feet and found himself a new home.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »
OK so does Ivan/Ivana use the litter tray?  If answer is yes, methinks you may have found the purrfect cat  :wow: 

Fingers crossed for a reunion via microchip but, if a sibling of Alvin, a chip is unlikely I think. 

Waiting to hear more.  Losing a much loved pet is a most harrowing experience.  I have fresh scars despite a happy ending. 

Well done Sheila and OH   :gold stars: :gold stars: :gold stars:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 05:07:39 AM »
Oh Sheila, I am sorry about Alvin but i agree with Helen :hug: :hug:
Ivan is lovely :Luv2: :Luv2: I hope he is neutered and some one's pet if not will you keep him? He looks at home ;)
Finger crossed  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
Thanks Helen, there's no giveaway Tomcat stink either so he's not entire, and he's just sitting at my feet like he's always lived here. Poor baby.  :-:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Ivan
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 01:53:42 AM »
Aww Sheila :hug: Sorry to hear about Alvin but I predict he'll be back - food and kindness are on offer and cats aren't stupid :hug:

As for Ivan, have everything crossed there's a happy ending and that he/she is chipped. Recognising the dreamies rustle means he/she must have been a much loved pet, fingers crossed :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:51:05 AM »
One  more. He's going on NPR tonight.  This one shows how bad his scabby head is.  :( Ivan is currenly playing with a catnip stressball.  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »
Ivan the friendly cat.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
Jeez, this little guy loves cuddles and even recognises the rustle of the Dreamies packet. He's definitely sombody's pet.  :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:25 AM »
He's a lovely, friendly cat. Can't see any balls so may yet be female?? Very cuddly so not a feral. His head is covered in scars and scabs but he's the gentlest cat I ever met. Will take him for a chip scan at the vet tomorrow. 

Poor baby, definitely someones lost pet.  :(

Wish I could have united him with Alvin.  :'( He makes the exact same noises.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Found cat E17 Black and White DLH - Ivan
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 00:59:06 AM »
For those who have been following Alvin's thread, this is his (possible) sibling, whom I have christened Ivan  :shify:

I set the trap knowing we had another needy boy in the area - not knowing Alvin would escape from our care tonight.

This is an entirely coincidental entrapment, therefore.

Poor Ivan is a mass of scars and very needy, but seems to be a total sweetheart indoors.

Now I have him close he looks older, wiser and more stable than Alvin. Still no sure he's a HE. This is him from a couple of days ago.

Link to CatChat