Author Topic: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!  (Read 13252 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:18 AM »
How is our gorgeous chap this morning?

Oh dear, didn't mean to worry you  :hug:  SBPP stands for Scruff Buff Powder Puff  :)

I wouldn't say Calici virus is that "serious" but a cat that has it gets recurring cold symptoms so tends to need to have more frequent vet visits.  I only mentioned it in case rescue arrange insurance but can well understand if they don't.  I wouldn't worry about a watery eye (may be stress related) but need to watch for signs of infection like discharge becoming yellowy?   Do you have any Zylkene capsules?  I bought in a load of them to help with Freddie's peeing activities in case stress related.  I could send you a pack if you like.  They're only a supplement and no known side effects.  Just sprinkle on food.  Taste doesn't seem to bother cats. 

Oh dear Millie's cat bed just fell off top of wardrobe... with her in it  :scared:  She seems fine though  :phew: 

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 23:35:26 PM »
im not sure i know him well enough to call him
Scruff Buff Powder Puff

plus it might be abit too feminine straight after loosing the danglies...

thanks Rosella,  :shy: what is SBPP and what are the signs? im not very experienced in the serious virus stuff

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 22:28:23 PM »
Does anyone else experience physical reactions whenever stress factors are removed?  Perhaps peeps think me a crazy cat lady  :innocent: but....

Both me and my younger brother have regular spells of slight illnesses after being stressed.  With me it's dermatitis on hands and my brother comes down with colds (sore throat, sneezing etc). 

I'm quite convinced that our Freddie's skin disorder that comes and goes (treated with fuciderm gel on and off) is also stress related and tends to trouble him more after he has calmed down following a stress related incident. 

Not sure what a tearing eye might denote but suggest you watch for signs of possible infection in SBPP.  My brother is having problems atm with an insurance claim for one of his gingers who has tested positive for calici virus as M&S are saying medical records suggest ginger had it many years before he tested positive.  I think they are referring to signs of a cold when he was very young.  I only mention it in case Rescue arrange insurance cover  :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 21:16:57 PM »
OK, now I've seen his proper pics I have the name for him - Scruff Buff Powder Puff, that's what I used to call Tiggy so it's a highly esteemed name  :naughty:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 21:01:52 PM »
im quite smitten with him too  :Luv2: hes very gentle and sweet too now hes come out from under the bed :Luv2: ill have to get a better photo of his tail- its amazing  :Luv:

he was  called in as a stray last saturday and taken to the out of hours vets, he was bathed to rid him of an apparently considerable flea infestation and neutered. the vet said that hes thin but not dangerously so, someone probably fed him and that hes basically healthy apart from his skin which they believe is down to the fleas and should clear up given time.  i completely forgot to ask his age but hes either fairly young or hes a very small framed cat- hes about the size lucifer was when he was about a year old. ill ask my coordinator for more details.  hes not in the slightest bit aggressive. hes not made a noise yet and hes not sure whether he likes me touching him yet so id guess hes not used to having a home but hes used to living where there are people nearby- ill try to find out where he was collected from.

his eye was dry when i went in last but started tearing after hed had some ham and a little stroke- could it be a reaction to something? im not wearing any chemicals but i have been out in the garden all day so am probably covered in pollen. or some sort of stress response?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 20:22:28 PM »
What is this boy's story?  I am in love  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  and noooo ...... no chance of increasing our number! 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 19:43:08 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: hes sooo handsome!!
His coat will improve with his new diet but you can supplement it, i got gooey a bottle from vet uk called efavet, its omega 3 & 6 and vitamins. He has been having it for about 10 days and i can see an improvement  ;D its a pump spray so easier than trying to pierce gelatin capsules  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 19:30:37 PM »
Can't help with any answers to your questions I'm afraid but I can say .................................. aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Gorgeous pics  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 13:09:42 PM »
why is it that you can bribe a cat to do anything with ham?
the last few days hes been sleeping on top of the bed and mostly staying there when im in the room as long as i dont come to close (occasionally dissapearing off under the bed)
last night came in with some ham, expecting the usual treatment but he came to sit next to me to get all the ham and then licked my finger clean  ;D
 this morning he jumped of the bed and disapeared underneath when i came in but slowly came out when i opened a tin of food and ate in front of me,but still wary. then when hed finished, he just changed, he literally looked up and came over to see what other food i had (and of course got treats) ive been allowed to stroke him and get a better look at him and apparently it has been decided that i might be ok ;D so here are some better pics.

now i can actually see him though- his skins in awful condition, very dry and scaly in parts. lots of old scabs- no flea dirt so whatever they washed him in has cleared him- is there anything i can feed him or do for him to help his skin along? it must be uncomfortable. maybe oily fish?

also one of his eyes is watering and he did sound snuffly for a few mins. eye is not gunky, it literally looks like a tear drop. cat flu? he isolated already and i wash my hands after ive been in to him but is there anything else i should be doing if he does have cat flu? or is it more likely to be something in his eye. i dont want to panic too much because i could go up in half an hour and find it gone and he has been checked over by a vet already (who didnt mention cold/catflu)

ETA- is it possible that hes less wary because of the hormones reducing- he was neutered last sat. something on another thread got me thinking.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 13:28:14 PM by snarf »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 19:35:49 PM »
Barnacle bob? Most people change names so might as well have fun  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 13:06:09 PM »
Yer Macavity - I like.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 09:04:34 AM »
Awww, he's lovely. What about Macavity? He's a mystery cat, don't you know! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »
Barnacles.

might be a winner....

I like Barnacles as it can be shortened to Barney for the more normal conservative cat owners.  That said Mop is an ace name, he could be paired up with 'bucket' cat  :evillaugh:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 19:01:09 PM »
Barnacles.

might be a winner....

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 17:57:10 PM »
Why not mop? Iv heard worse!  ;D

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 15:51:14 PM »
What a gorgeous lil man  :Luv: :Luv:

I like mr mistoffelees

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:26:08 AM »
I spy with my little eye... Mr Scaredy Cat!  :Luv2:

With your track history on names (I'm thinking spare cat here!) I'm surprised he's not called 'Foster Cat II'  :evillaugh:

if he was staying here id seriously consider calling him mop  :evillaugh: but i dont think theyll let me put that on the home page!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 06:40:55 AM »
 :Luv2: he is lovely bless him!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 00:36:14 AM »
I spy with my little eye... Mr Scaredy Cat!  :Luv2:

With your track history on names (I'm thinking spare cat here!) I'm surprised he's not called 'Foster Cat II'  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 22:48:03 PM »
Aaaw bless him - he'll be out and having cuddles before you know it  :hug: :Luv2:

I like Mr Mistofelees too - maybe Misty for short??

Mary

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 19:47:48 PM »
well only a little bit but progress  :shify:

think i caught him as he was thinking of venturing out so i sat facing away from him and had a chat for bout half hour. went well i think, he was content to close his eyes and lay his head down so i think hes getting the picture that im safe and im not going to grab at him. Cant wait to be able to touch him, he has a beautiful (if still unkempt! ) coat  :Luv:
i was listing him his possible names-

shadow - as he keeps impersonating one but dont want to give the impression hes mean
mr mistoffelees - who is black and white and magician (vanishes) but its abit of a mouthful
ben/ tom - just cos i like them as names
 any better ideas? im abit slow on names

Link to CatChat