Author Topic: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!  (Read 13157 times)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Re: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
So how did i miss this thread Squeak is just adorable :Luv2: :Luv2: Would it really be a bad thing to join the failed fosters club ;) there are a few of us on here me included!!

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »
I am crying now!...he is such a beautiful boy!...I wish i had the time and space for all the cats int eh world!....how can eople be so cruel?..how can they abandon these bearutiful animals?.....

why cant everyone honour the life of others????

sorry but this just breaks my heart......

i would have him in a heartbeat!!!! but with 4 girls it would be just too much.......(besides Mollie wouldnt take another addition!)

I adore my girls i am sure that there will be a perfect person who will adore this awesome princely puss!......

right off to get the tissues...this place is breaking my heart with all the sad losses and poor babies that are abandoned.....can we have some happy endings please!!! :'(
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
His adorable, I can honestly say I'd be tempted by him if I was allowed another  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
I was going to say exactly what Helen said!! One of the reasons why I have kept very few of my fosters (4 out of 82, and 2 of those weren't out of choice!!), is because I couldnt bear the thought of a cat staying in a bad situation (or worse), because I kept a cat that could have been homed, so didn't have the space/time for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 00:28:41 AM »
:luck: Squeak  ;D

He looks adorable and you must be very attached to him but would you be able to carry on fostering if you had 3 permanent residents? Just think of all the good you can carry on doing after you have found the perfect home for him  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 23:17:02 PM »
Aaw go on keep him - it's taken all this time for him to trust and love you - he is gorgeous. :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 21:58:45 PM »
Squeak met my adoption coordinator on saturday and didnt hide at all, in fact he was an absoloute charmer!  :Luv2: so hes now posted for adoption  :(  he is here

http://www.animalaccident.org.uk/?p=2416

(- link mainly cos the bottom one is a nice pic but i dont have it! is this sort of link ok?? if its not can somebody help me copy the pic)

ive had to admit im quite tempted to keep him

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 22:57:05 PM »
He is one special cat and has obviously settled in really well at your place.....it would be shame to unsettle him at this stage. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

>:( :shoosh:

adorable!....i think i would call him prince!

you are doing an amazing job with him and you can see the love in his face!...what a beautiful person you are! :hug:
where were you when i needed names!! thats a good un, ill suggest it

ahhh the look of love of ham.... i was dangling some above the camera to get him to look up  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2010, 21:37:12 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 20:57:15 PM »
He's a stunner  :Luv: So lovely to hear how he is gradually coming to trust you :)

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2010, 20:32:29 PM »
Ok, so why don't you do a car boot sale/ebay clear out and sell any old bits and bobs you no longer need. THEN you would have the extra cash for vaccs and insurance. Good idea eh?
He is one special cat and has obviously settled in really well at your place.....it would be shame to unsettle him at this stage. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 20:36:54 PM »
adorable!....i think i would call him prince!

you are doing an amazing job with him and you can see the love in his face!...what a beautiful person you are! :hug:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 20:30:41 PM »
Would keeping him mean you are a REALLY BAD fosterer? :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

well id be a failure  :'( but mainly id probably be a really BROKE fosterer  :rofl: although, i keep telling myself that i already pay for food and litter etc so really itd just be insurance and vaccs extra......
he is totally gorgeous and hes started to play with balls and feathers and hes coming to me now for head rubs  :Luv2:

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 22:04:40 PM »
Would keeping him mean you are a REALLY BAD fosterer? :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
If so, I would take the rap. he's worth it.
I mean...you could always try the 'fostering' thing again if you wanted to.....

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 21:02:57 PM »
Just gorgeous  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »
He's lovely. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:38 AM »
I *heart* him his gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 22:20:39 PM »
and forgot to post before but apparently hes been aged as about 4 years by the vet and although for some reason i keep thinking hes small, hes really not  :shocked: -he escaped into the house (pre introductions  >:( ) while my 2 were in but ignored my 2 until they shut up  :evillaugh: and they all settled down for a nap  ;D hes actually bigger than lucifer and when i picked him up to take him back upstairs hes heavy!! very proud of how well behaved they all were  :Luv2:
please ignore all of that mess clutter environment enrichment and i have no idea how all that cat hair got into the keyboard....

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 22:10:40 PM »
well, only as you asked  :innocent:

ETA: the top 3 are about 5 seconds after i got the catnip degu out
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 22:13:23 PM by snarf »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 22:01:22 PM »
Any more pics?   I just love this boy......

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 21:50:25 PM »
hes been on one of the small tins of feline fayre a day (with normal tinned food and dry) and he lurves that  :tongue 2: and he got a raw chicken wing on sun which was expertly trimmed of anything edible in about 15mins!
i got him a catnip mouse as well (its huge, more like a catnip degu) which he adores and made a big soggy lump - i hadnt wanted to try him with catnip before until he was ok with me and not so scared. hes now a little catnip hoarder- i let him out into the house for a little wander and hes straight to the catnip toys and then scarpers back off to the spare room with them!  :rofl:
hes also allowed me to pick him up briefly without any fuss, groom him with a soft brush gently and shock horror- hes also actually purred  :Luv2: :Luv2:

i must not get another cat i must not get another cat i must not get another cat  :-[

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 23:41:25 PM »
Ooooh the new cat is gorgeous  :Luv2: he should find a loving home quickly if you don't become a failed fosterer!  :evillaugh:  Sounds like he likes the five star service at this hotel!

Essential fatty acids are definitely worth a shot, I give Noah oily fish as I am a strong believer in whole foods. Pets at Home Purely in the small tins is reasonably priced and complete; even cheaper is Feline Fayre in the large tins which they have had in Home Bargains and B&M recently, tho it is only complementary. Both are big lumps of fish in jelly and go down very well here, tho to be fair Noah doesn't turn his nose up at much!  :rofl: Vitamin E is not toxic in humans in large doses only vitamins A and D, tho cats obviously might be different. Cats also need a saturated fat found in meat that is not essential to us so maybe try him on a raw chicken wing?
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 20:18:34 PM »
He really is a stunner, I love his markings. ( must not get another cat, must NOT )

:evillaugh: thats been me all day! hes just so cute as well  :Luv:

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 19:30:02 PM »
Yes add the oils to food...if he will eat it ok. I sometimes add the dose to a teaspoon of creme fraiche as an irresistible bribe. Remember though that dairy and salmon oil can be a bit laxative so go easy! I add a small capsule of salmon oil, and maybe a larger one of Evening primrose, vit E is fine too. Smaller doses over a period of time are obviously better than too much too quickly. Yes, quality does vary between brands but TBH I think Holland and Barratt is just fine for cats.
He really is a stunner, I love his markings. ( must not get another cat, must NOT )

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 19:11:10 PM »
evening primrose oil and/or salmon oil in the food? is just any alright or are certain strengths/amounts/brands better? things that are a pain are fine, as long as theyre safe thats the important thing isnt it. i have some 500mg evening primrose oil at home but it also has vitamin E?
hes not showing any cold/flu symptoms any more- breathing ok, eyes, nose clear so i think hes fine at least for now- is it likely to have been brought on by stress? if hes a carrier of something will he still be shedding virus? hes isolated from mine and im washing my hands etc

pictures dont do him justice, and i just cant get a half decent pic of his fluffy tail. i cant wait til (if!) hes happy for me to groom him  :Luv2: his coat looks black and white in pics (and when he first arrived) but i think its mostly this lovely dark chocolate colour on his body and black on his face :Luv2: hes not available yet but when he is, hes with AARU in notts.

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Oh MY, he is a gorgeous boy! I think Ham is a fun name too, suits him.
If he has got a cold/flu you could try L-lysine to deal with the virus, otherwise just keep an eye on him to make sure it does not worsen. Vets will sometimes give a shot of steroid to calm inflammation and antibiotics to deal with any secondary bacterial infection.
For his coat....Evening primrose oil is very calming for irritated skin, fish oils such as salmon oil ( not cod liver oil ) can also be given daily as a natural anti inflammatory and will help him grow a nice plush coat. These can both be bought in Holland and Barratt, I know capsules are a bit of a pain but oils in spary bottles can go rancid quickly, also vet products are often over priced!
More pics please......he is worth looking at! Hmm...where in the country is your rescue based?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 00:26:34 AM »
 :) :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 22:59:02 PM »
Aaaw bless him - he really loves you  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sweepster

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 22:30:08 PM »
Really quite smashingly adorable  :Luv2:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 22:17:25 PM »
Aaw bless him - he must think you are his landlord and hiding so he doesn't have to pay the rent  :rofl: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

:rofl: well he might now be trying to butter his landlord up instead- i just got a voluntary head butt and a leg rub!!  :wow: the downside to this new found acceptance of me is that he wants to leave the spare room with me now when i go and now hes 'talking' to me or rather squeaking at me so meet Squeak!  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 07:32:46 AM »
 :Luv2: He is gorgeous!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 21:24:24 PM »
Aaw bless him - he must think you are his landlord and hiding so he doesn't have to pay the rent  :rofl: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 21:17:20 PM »
 :rofl: o hes nice and comfy hes been sleeping on the bed for a while now(much more comfy than the cardboard box under the bed :shify:), just disappears when i come in and then cheeky beggar- i hear him come back out as soon as i leave!  :P i think hes firmly decided that his accomodations are acceptable, he just not too sure about the staff!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 20:53:29 PM »
Ham's as good a name as any  :Luv2:

Glad he's coming around a bit.  Slowly but surely by the sound of it.  Keep up the good work.

I somtimes give Bonnie slices of turkey or chicken but she always drinks a lot of water after so it might be a good idea to put a bowl of water near where he's hiding if he gets thirsty like my Bonnie does. But don't start calling him water  :rofl: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 22:28:23 PM »
to update

im thinking of calling him " Ham", its probably what he thinks his name is by now given how much time i spend pleading Ham? while waving slivers at his hastily departing fluffy bottom....

he was doing much better than something (no idea what) spooked him for thurs- today and i wasnt allowed to come into the room without him off under bed. today he gave up and even stood both front paws on my legs to reach the ham ( and there might have been a little purr  ;D although it might have been a burp)

his eye seems better, i cant clean it well enough to be 100% but i dont think theres gunk. hes started mewing at the door to the spare room the last few nights, only after its dark in the house though and he has a really quiet, soft little mew  :Luv2:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 22:06:13 PM »
What about "Sylvester"?  Not sure what that would shorten to though as he wouldn't thank you for calling him Silly  ;)

:sneaky:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 22:05:14 PM »
How is our gorgeous chap this morning?

Oh dear, didn't mean to worry you  :hug:  SBPP stands for Scruff Buff Powder Puff  :)

I wouldn't say Calici virus is that "serious" but a cat that has it gets recurring cold symptoms so tends to need to have more frequent vet visits.  I only mentioned it in case rescue arrange insurance but can well understand if they don't.  I wouldn't worry about a watery eye (may be stress related) but need to watch for signs of infection like discharge becoming yellowy?   Do you have any Zylkene capsules?  I bought in a load of them to help with Freddie's peeing activities in case stress related.  I could send you a pack if you like.  They're only a supplement and no known side effects.  Just sprinkle on food.  Taste doesn't seem to bother cats. 

Oh dear Millie's cat bed just fell off top of wardrobe... with her in it  :scared:  She seems fine though  :phew: 

:phew:  :doh: is ok, is me being not altogether too bright late at night!

ok so general bad cat signs? its a very kind offer for the zyklene Rosella, i might take you up  on it if he doesnt improve.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Vesti was Nikkis cat, I believe.

This boy's lovely. Glad he's coming round, even if it's for ham. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
There was a member on here iwth a cat called Sylvester, it was shortened to Vesti.

I would just monitor his eye for now, it can take up to two weeks for things like cat flu to show, hence isolation being so important, and stress can bring it out. I think Herpes causes runny eyes more than Calici. If he is a bit snuffly, you could try using an oil burner with eucalyptus while you are sat in with him, or if you dare risk moving him, put him in the bathroom with the shower on for a bit of a steam bath.
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
What about "Sylvester"?  Not sure what that would shorten to though as he wouldn't thank you for calling him Silly  ;)

Link to CatChat