Author Topic: Clapton has rediscovered the garden  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Clapton has rediscovered the garden
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 19:12:51 PM »
Those pictures are clearly telling you he needs new sunglasses :lol2:

:evillaugh:

That boy could make himself comfortable on a bed of nails  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 18:12:00 PM »
Those pictures are clearly telling you he needs new sunglasses :lol2:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 17:49:55 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: Aww bless him, our Pepper is the same he will stay out all day just sat on the grass and not happy when the weather isn't good.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 17:23:00 PM »
So pleased he is enjoying life again  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 15:34:21 PM »
He is well & truly a garden cat again  :)

Until 5 minutes ago, he had been out since around 7am  :Crazy: - he only came in because it started raining  :evillaugh:

I put a bed out on the bench for him  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »

:scared: I was prescribed that Mark and it made me feel absolutely terrible so please do keep an eye on Clapton, I also know of cats who have had problems with this.

Thankfully I didn't have to give it to him  :). He isn't vomiting and seems to have lost the nausea - tbh, I was expecting the vet to give me something to neutralize or reduce acid, so was quite surprised when I was given an anti-emetic for him.

I'm really glad to hear that  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »

:scared: I was prescribed that Mark and it made me feel absolutely terrible so please do keep an eye on Clapton, I also know of cats who have had problems with this.

Thankfully I didn't have to give it to him  :). He isn't vomiting and seems to have lost the nausea - tbh, I was expecting the vet to give me something to neutralize or reduce acid, so was quite surprised when I was given an anti-emetic for him.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 09:48:51 AM »
The vet gave me metoclopramide yesterday with strict instructions that he was to have it for no more than 5 days - any signs of listlessness or agitation, he was to stop having it.

On the way back I went to Sainsbury's and picked up some other foods. Kylie likes the Felix trays so I bought some more. When I got back, I gae her half and Clapton half with binders, fully expecting to bin it. For the first time since having his mouth done, he really wolfed it. He licked the plate clean  :) - I gave him another one and he ate lots of it. Tonight he was pushing my hand out of the way to get to the chicken and I even managed a pill in it. It was just in time really as he is skin & bone - he must have lost 1/2 his body weight over the last 6 weeks. He really is a little fighter  :Luv2:

:) That's great, fingers crossed his appetite is picking up now, sending hugs for him  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »
Way to go Clapton, keep on nomming your food now you clever boy  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »
So happy he's eating more and enjoying the last of the summer! :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »
Bless him, it seems it was just taking him a little longer to recover, it happens to all of us with age!

So glad he's eating and coming round to his old self. He is lovely :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 23:51:45 PM »
The vet gave me metoclopramide yesterday with strict instructions that he was to have it for no more than 5 days - any signs of listlessness or agitation, he was to stop having it. On the way back I went to Sainsbury's and picked up some other foods. Kylie likes the Felix trays so I bought some more. When I got back, I gae her half and Clapton half with binders, fully expecting to bin it. For the first time since having his mouth done, he really wolfed it. He licked the plate clean  :) - I gave him another one and he ate lots of it. Tonight he was pushing my hand out of the way to get to the chicken and I even managed a pill in it. It was just in time really as he is skin & bone - he must have lost 1/2 his body weight over the last 6 weeks. He really is a little fighter  :Luv2:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 23:43:49 PM »
He looks as though he's enjoying the last of the nice weather before the sun goes  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 16:57:50 PM »
Awww darling Clapton, he certainly looks pretty chilled out  :Luv2:

Re cutting small pills into quarters, it can be done with a pill cutter, I had to do that with the Istin tablets Maxy was on, and it was much easier than trying to cut them and bits flying off everywhere or crumbling  :)

Give Clapton a big cuddle from me  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
He looks very content there  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 02:26:52 AM »
It's times like this Mark that I really wish they coud talk and just say 'what's all the fuss? I'm ok'

Change in weather has a lot to do with it and age and other things - we can never read them properly.

Good luck.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »
Awwww, he's so lovely  :Luv2:

Mark, sometimes oldies do seem to have a change in routine, for whatever reason, I've noticed.  The fresh air should do him good thogh, sending lots of hugs for him  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 07:33:52 AM »
 :) Clapton says thanks  :evillaugh:

He really is as gentle as he looks. I have never seen his claws out apart from when he is cleaning them  :Luv2: - he is more like a dog - always washing us, although he hasn't done it much since his mouth was done.

We are getting increasingly worried about him. He ate a fair amount of biscuits yesterday but he just seems doped all the time. The vet was talking about trying him on a 24hr drip last week. The thing is, he isn't dehydrated, so I don't see what purpose it will serve other than to stress and depress him even more. I am going to see about anti-nausea meds for him. The vet mentioned an unlicensed med last week but thought that it woud be too difficult to 1/4 a small pill. All I can do is try. I will ask if I can pick some up without taking him again. He was already in the garden at 6.30am asleep on the bench. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »
Awww he looks very happy! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 00:12:13 AM »
Clapton - i love you  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 21:25:16 PM »
Aw it's always lovely to see them out in the fresh air and having a wander through the grass :Luv2: great pics, he looks very contented  :)

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 20:53:44 PM »
awwwwww :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 20:22:00 PM »
Mark lovely photo's and perhaps a bit of real sunshine will be most welcome along with the grass :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 20:20:28 PM »

:Luv2:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 19:44:34 PM »
:Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Clapton has rediscovered the garden
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 19:37:51 PM »
He hadn't been out there for at least 18 months. I had tried taking him out a few times but he bolted back in. We think it is because he has been looking for grass for the last couple of weeks and realised that he likes it out there  :Luv2: - I can barely keep him inside now  :evillaugh: - he even wanted to go out around 10pm last night. I'm not too worried as he is too weak to scale a fence now (he has to negotiate jumping off a 2ft bench now and needs footstool to get on the bed  :( )

He is also sleeping in the kitchen sometimes (on Kylie's bed  :evillaugh: )

Link to CatChat