Author Topic: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!  (Read 13158 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: new foster pics- scaredy cat emerges!
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 14:53:22 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the welcomes! Squeak has been micro chipped today, bless him, he just lay there! I can't believe how laid back he is, love him to bits already!
I lost a cat before he came, my little old man, Felix and I swear Squeak has taken on some of his behaviours, Felix followed me around the flat, Squeak does, Felix used to like to watch me having a bath and Squeak does!!
How bizarre!!

:welcome: its lovely to hear Squeak has settled in well

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2010, 20:28:36 PM »
That's so lovely to hear, he sounded so frightened when he arrived at Snarf's. She really worked wonders on him and allowed him to blossom into the lovely cat that he is today  :)

Glad he was such a big brave boy at the vets  ;D Sorry to hear about Felix, I bet he would be really proud that you were able to make room for another cat in your heart  :hug:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2010, 19:51:22 PM »
This is such a tonic.

well put Rosella, it really is  ;D

:yayyy: :welcome: Squeaks new mum  :wow:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 20:02:27 PM by snarf »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2010, 19:38:07 PM »
This is such a tonic.  He is the most gorgeous creature  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: and so very pleased he's found his forever home.  He's just  :catluv:

Offline Squeaks new mum

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Squeak, Percy and Foofoo
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 19:21:27 PM »
 Hi
Thanks for the welcomes! Squeak has been micro chipped today, bless him, he just lay there! I can't believe how laid back he is, love him to bits already!
I lost a cat before he came, my little old man, Felix and I swear Squeak has taken on some of his behaviours, Felix followed me around the flat, Squeak does, Felix used to like to watch me having a bath and Squeak does!!
How bizarre!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2010, 22:05:47 PM »
 :thanks: Snarf, so pleased that he's settled in so well  :) Squeak's new Mums' account just needed activating (click on link in email that was auto-generated and sent to her). No need to now though as I've activated it for her so she can just log on straight away  ;D

:welcome: Squeak's new Mum  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2010, 21:59:22 PM »
 :welcome: to Squeak's new mum!!!  :wooooo:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2010, 21:57:15 PM »
I just approved a new member called 'Squeak's new Mum', fingers crossed it's 'nice lady' and we can hear how he's been getting on  ;D

might be! i hope so  :crossed:  ;D

Nice lady has just sent me a text with the following

[/quote]
Hi.i have tried to register on the website you gave me,but am having difficulty, so just to let you Squeak is great! He has settled in really well,he looks like he has always been here! so relaxed,gets on well with my other cats and loves to sit in the bay window in the sun! Would you let them know on the website as i can see there has been interest as to how he is getting on
[/quote]

:wow: very nice to know how hes doing and that hes happy 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 21:13:45 PM »
I just approved a new member called 'Squeak's new Mum', fingers crossed it's 'nice lady' and we can hear how he's been getting on  ;D

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:29 AM »
i am still missing him, he was a beautiful character, an absolute gentle giant  :Luv: nice lady sent me a text saying he was home, had settled and was asleep next to her on the sofa. its very good hes feeling so at home so quickly and none of the scaredy cat behaviour but i am a little jealous that hes not next to me anymore!  :'(

soooo im following julies advice from another thread and moving straight to the next and keeping myself busy with kitten and as luck would have it- keeping you busy is exactly what kittens do best!
 ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2010, 10:29:38 AM »
Glad he has got off to his new home safely.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2010, 18:16:42 PM »
Pleased that Squeak has gone to his new home with the nice lady (even if he did have the last laugh  :evillaugh::) You're bound to feel a bit sad but you did a great thing for him  :hug: Hope nice lady joins Purrs and keeps us supplied with :pic: and updates  ;D

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2010, 17:47:20 PM »
nice lady has just picked up squeak  :'( who made a right fuss getting into his new carrier. cor blimey never seen the like, hed struggle out (and hes very strong when hes got a mind to be) then settle back down to sleep or to watch me and nice lady trying to stem our newly aquired wounds! not scared at all just playing up  >:( nothing to do with me playing with him all day and depriving him of sleep at all  :innocent:
i have passed on forum address as ordered  :evillaugh: Nice Lady has promised to let me know how he settles and hopefully shell join up.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
I wouldnt homecheck someone twice unless they had moved, unless there were circumstances that needed it (only one I can think of offhand is homing a cat like Ellie to point out places she would try and hide). Enjoy your last week together, I am glad he has a fab home, and it enables you to continue helping needy cats, as that is what fostering is all about.
Please spay your cat

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 17:51:44 PM »
 :Luv: Oh how lovely, sounds like Squeak is now confident/ feels safe enough to show his true self to strangers. And that is down to you, Snarf!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
 :Luv2: thats lovely news

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2010, 21:14:23 PM »
I am really pleased to hear that it seems like a good match - if she has adopted through you before, why does she need another homecheck?

Sorry me being sleepy and typing semi autopilot. this lady wont be re-homechecked because weve been over recently and the coordinators come to know her well through her previous adoptions but i think we generally would re-homecheck. things change, situations change, differing cats needs and differing opinions on suitability from different homecheckers i assume. although ive been homechecked to foster i would have expected somesort of homecheck (however subtley done) before i had been allowed to adopt.

Thanks mary and helen, its been squeak thats done all the work though, clever little lad  :Luv: nice lady is picking him up next weekend so at least i get another week with him to get used to him leaving  :'(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2010, 10:40:50 AM »
I am really pleased to hear that it seems like a good match - if she has adopted through you before, why does she need another homecheck?
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2010, 18:50:19 PM »
Aaaaw Squeak - bless his little heart  :Luv2: :hug:

I'm certain it's all because of your hard work and patience with him - well done.  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010, 20:55:23 PM »
 :wooooo:

So pleased Squeak 'performed', he obviously knew  :)

You should be so proud of how far you've brought him, fingers crossed the lady will join Purrs if you give her the web addy and then we can all hear how he's getting on  :hug:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2010, 18:29:50 PM »
well, lovely lady has just left. after my two had shown themselves up and scared off squeak i put squeak on the sofa by her and he seemed very taken, he lay down and snuggled into her side and quite literally gazed adoringly into her eyes as she stroked his throat and ears. when she got up to leave she told squeak she'd see him soon and came back to stroke him again so i think hes got a new home. much as ill miss him i think she seems better suited to squeak than me  :scared: 

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
Fingers crossed it all does well for Squeak  :Luv2:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2010, 22:33:50 PM »
Seems like fate has stepped in and taken your dilemna away from you  :hug: Hope everything goes well with the visit :crossed:

yes! it is strange that hes been on our aaru site a month and no interest until now. maybe the nice lady is already a purrs lady  :shify:

shes coming straight after i finish work so well have to hope that fate also encourages the kits to tidy up and take the rubbish out?!  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2010, 22:24:25 PM »
Seems like fate has stepped in and taken your dilemna away from you  :hug: Hope everything goes well with the visit :crossed:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2010, 22:18:17 PM »
i replied but its gone??

shes coming to meet him tomorrow and subject to them liking each other and then a homecheck so hes not going just yet! so well see how they interact tomorrow! weve just had a little chat on the phone and she does sound very nice, she has 3 elderly cats already, which is good for squeak, hes not at all dominant and i think hed be stressed if he had the responsibility of being the only cat. i think shell understand if he feels the need to hide for a little bit

Offline carolynl

• Adult Cat
  • my boy Jijo
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 21:55:25 PM »
I'm so please for Squeak.  He seems like such a lovely boy  :Luv:.  I hope his new slave can keep us updated on his progress.  It would be nice to know how he settles into his new forever home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 21:43:00 PM »
Joking aside you do have to be realistic and do what's best all round for all cats present and future.  Hopefully he will be ok with this lady that's had cats from you before and won't take long tointeract with her - you did a great job and maybe he will be ok with her from the start because of it.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 19:45:47 PM »
as in other thread, a lady has now enquired about squeaky, shes adopted through us before and is apparently lovely.
im actually happy for him although i will really miss him whenhe goes,hes started sleeping next to my pillow at night  :Luv2: although lucifer is not pleased about that  >:(
i think to be honest, that although financially i can cover keeping him and continuing to foster it wouldnt leave much for emergency and as long as squeak has a good safe home, priority has to be lucifer and sparecat. ithink if i were to adopt squeak i would be prioritising my feelings (squeak wont mind either way in the long run as long as hes safe and warm and fed) and not the possible future needs of the kits.

i also wonder whether (as i would like to continue fostering) my home would be best for squeak, hes not as confident as my two, theyre coping fantastically considering i keep letting complete strangers into their home. im not sure squeak would? if that makes any sense?

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:34 AM »
I adore him Snarf I really do, his gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Please adopt him or I will  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »
Never mind 'toying' - DO IT  :hug: :hug:

Mary

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
Aaaw bless him - is he staying  ;) ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
yes for now (noones enquired about him) i keep toying with adopting him  :shify:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
Aaaw bless him - is he staying  ;) ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 21:42:37 PM »
I so love this boy  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2010, 21:20:08 PM »
What a gorgeous boy  :Luv2: He looks so relaxed now!

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2010, 19:42:53 PM »
Pictures of squeaky,
cant believe how different he looks  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »
I'm shocked that he's had no interest but not so shocked that he has started to be given pet names  :evillaugh: He sounds like he's coming on a treat  :)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »
no interest in squeak yet ( now squeaky boy or squeakwell or Squeakers- pet names are a bad sign me thinks!) can hardly believe hes the same cat that hid under the bed for 2 weeks, such a loving purring boy now  :Luv: he still doesnt like being picked up and stiffens but provided hes properly supported straight away and hes getting head rubs he will purr and paddle while picked up, even while being moved between rooms  :wow:, his fur has thickened up and is in lovely condition for most of him now- tail still alittle dry and trousers unkempt but hes getting more comfortable with grooming brushes and loves rubbing his cheeks against the soft brushes.
my mum came to visit a few weeks ago and he was all over her as well, she nearly cat napped him  :evillaugh: he does this very sweet thing where he'll sit next to you to be fussed and if you stop he'll just put a big paw on your leg to remind you hes there  :Luv2:
his fav toy at the mo is the turbo track, he cant walk past it without playing and tosses his head like an overexcited kitten :Luv:
hes still trying to make friends with my 2 and is slowly getting closer. tbh i think alot of lucifers swearing is because hes finally found someone that backs down for him  :rofl: and sparecats just making sure he knows that shes in charge. theyll all happily sleep feet apart and sit feet apart, its just when squeak trys to smell them or rub against them that they react so good enough for me  :)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2010, 20:59:56 PM »
thanks for those lovely words....I guess im just so sensitive......i adore all animals, insects plants etc etc......but cats have to be my passion......they are such sleek elegant intelligent creatures....full of grace and beauty beyond words......and so so affectionate!....I adore them......i hope this little guy fnds the love he so rightly deserves..... :)  and thank you for being the beautiful person you are....like so many others here!  :hug:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2010, 19:15:38 PM »
i am very tempted to keep him!! :shify: and if i thought hed be hard to home i probably would but hes going to have his pick of willing slave i think  :Luv2: Financially at the moment i couldnt keep 3 (at the standard to which they are accustomed) and foster as well so it would be a case of denying a possibly more needy cat a home. i said to friends and family when i started fostering that is a shy/nervous cat came in that got on well with mine that'd be the one that stayed.that said, im on the job hunt atm so if i get something better before hes rehomed i might be swayed (cos then i could keep on fostering  :rofl: )

i know what you mean Purrdy, its why i wanted to foster- i cant help them all and ill never atone for all the wrongs done by my species to another but i can make a start. there are happy stories- my last foster Giles came to me very thin, hyperthyroid and alone- vets secretly thought he was going somewhere more comfortable to die  :'( but he put on weight, had his thyroid-ectomy and was adopted by a lovely retired lady that adores him, spoils him rotten and needs him. he is happy beyond belief. your twiggy and fern are a happy ending story too  ;D theyre lucky to have found you and squeak will have his happy ending too

Offline cheekycj

• Adult Cat
  • Light of my life...my two boys Joey and Charlie x
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
Aww Snarf... hes up for adoption now  :(  Wont take long for him to find (another) good home  :Luv: :Luv:

And of course that will leave you free to help lots more beautiful little boys and girls.....i do admire you for doing that, dont think i could cope with the seperation...id worry 24/7  :(

He is a beautiful looking little boy mind...wouldnt blame you if you kept him  :naughty:

cj

Link to CatChat