Author Topic: where to buy a cat run?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline zarina

• Adult Cat
Re: where to buy a cat run?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »

Is there any reason you wouldn't be able to take the run with you when you move? (the run panels come apart)

we just don't think it would be worth the hassle, mainly as when we move we will either be moving into the middle of nowhere so they can go out, or we will be fully cat proofing the garden

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:44 AM »
Angie and a few others of the Coventry Cat Group were at Stoneleigh, National Agricultural Centre last year, and our stand was immediately opposite his stand.  They did look good quality houses, but at the time we were busy manning the stall!

I hope you kitties enjoy their new surroundings.
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
I would highly recommend Stu's animal housing. They built a custom design stud house and run for me (I'm sure I gave Stu some headaches over my very precise ides on what I wanted  :evillaugh:) and he delivered and installed it yesterday and it is fantastic and excellent quality and the price they gave me was so much cheaper than other places I contacted.
http://www.stusanimalhousing.co.uk/

Is there any reason you wouldn't be able to take the run with you when you move? (the run panels come apart)
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 19:27:58 PM »
All the runs i could find were way over priced. Its really easy to knock up panels yourself. Make a frame and staple the wire on  ;)
I got a handy man to do mine for £200, its very sturdily built and has the thicker gauge galvanised mesh so built to last, you could cut costs there as you dont need years from it...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 20:51:23 PM »
I think this calls for DIY lol

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 18:19:36 PM »
Have you tried Grange Pet Centre? - they do runs, but they also sell mesh panels separately, for you to make into whatever size/shape of run you want http://www.grangepetcentre.co.uk/Catteries-p-1-c-20.html

Offline zarina

• Adult Cat
where to buy a cat run?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 14:37:43 PM »
our kitten in currently wanting to go outside, however I don't want the to, the persian does go outside, but the garden fence is enough to keep her in.

So I'm wanting to find a cheap outdoor cat run for the kitten.  The reason I'm wanting a cheap one is that we will be moving to germany soon (will be taking the cats, dog, and ferret with us) but don't want to have to pay alot for something that will almost deffinately be left behind.  Ideally I want a run so the ferret can go in it (and other ferrets when I foster for the local rescue) so just putting netting on the fence wouldn't really  work and I'd still worry about her getting out.

had a look on ebay but haven't found anything, I am based in raunds, northants and everything is either too far away or to expensive.

please help

Link to CatChat