Author Topic: You might have seen this but I wanted to share  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: You might have seen this but I wanted to share
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 14:09:53 PM »
I agree with those that worry about their furries, I do with mine because I can't have a cat flap so the only way they could get out would be if someone opened the door. And they hide from the alarm as well!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline kellyn1201

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 18:23:46 PM »
I had a call from a neighbour while I was at work once telling me my fire alarm was going off - I had to argue with her for five minutes to get her to call the firebrigade while I got home. Dashed out the office door, grabbed the nearest taxi, realised halfway home I had no cash on me, fished around in my purse and found some scrath-lotto tickets that had won enough to cover the fare, shoved these in the hand of the taxi driver, he argued, I pointed to the big red shiny fire engine and the man about to kick down my door as I got out the cab, ran over to the house ... and discovered the cats had jumped up and knocked the  :censored: smoke detector off the top of the cupboard and it had landed on its test button .........................

:rofl:

To make matters worse, I had realised that morning at work that my house insurance had expired .... :scared:

:doh:

Thank God it wasn't for real then!!   ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »
To make matters worse, I had realised that morning at work that my house insurance had expired .... :scared:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »
I had a call from a neighbour while I was at work once telling me my fire alarm was going off - I had to argue with her for five minutes to get her to call the firebrigade while I got home. Dashed out the office door, grabbed the nearest taxi, realised halfway home I had no cash on me, fished around in my purse and found some scrath-lotto tickets that had won enough to cover the fare, shoved these in the hand of the taxi driver, he argued, I pointed to the big red shiny fire engine and the man about to kick down my door as I got out the cab, ran over to the house ... and discovered the cats had jumped up and knocked the  :censored: smoke detector off the top of the cupboard and it had landed on its test button .........................

It took a lot of explaining, I can tell you  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely to see fireys being caring with animals ...

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »
Have to admit that scares me too. The cat carrier is always prepared with the clips on the top opening kept open ready for use in an emergency. My only fear is that Lexy reacts like Riley and Lucas do when the alarm is triggered. She gets right under the bed and I really can't get to her when she's frightened. I know I'd let her shred my hands and arms if I needed to get her in a fire.  :scared:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 10:04:15 AM »
I figure my lot would "every cat for themself" out of the cat flap in all honesty.

Love the picture, what a wonderful fireman. (And brilliant caption!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 21:39:57 PM »
I to worry about this but during the day when im at work i leave my kitchen window open so the cats can come and go and my neighbour has a key for the dogs, god forbid he should ever need it
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 21:37:43 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I must admit, I do worry about what would happen if there was a fire here.  The smoke alarm went off the other day and the boys were absolutely petrified and both of them shot off like a rocket and hid together under the bed, they were huddled so tightly together I thought there was only one of them there until I saw the 4 eyes. I'm not sure I could get them out of such a tight space  :(

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
You might have seen this but I wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 21:28:04 PM »
Saw this whilst having a look on lolcats earlier. Just thought it was such a lovely picture or a very caring person.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Link to CatChat