Author Topic: felix has come home in a bad way AGAIN :(  (Read 13162 times)

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
Re: felix has come home in a bad way AGAIN :(
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 21:46:31 PM »
i am truly disgusted by this.  the thought of this cat being left with a bone exposed makes me feel physically sick.  some people just don't deserve to have animals and this is one of them.

i sincerely hope this person never has children.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 21:42:16 PM »
they said 250 because of call out fee etc. I HAVENT got the money. so I have no choice im afraid.

If this is genuinly true (and I see no reason to doubt at this stage), then do your poor cat a favour and either get insured, or let someone who can afford medical treatment look after him.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but from the injuries you mention, this cat needs to see a vet and NOW, not tomorrow.......

Our cats put their trust in us to make sure they are looked after, medical care should be first and foremost in this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 21:44:55 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 21:39:49 PM »
Are we sure the poster is genuine? I just can't see why anyone would put up a thread like this, in general chat - not even asking for advice or help
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 21:36:53 PM »
"tryme" where abouts are you ?

Have you rang around like the others have said.

They are all right what they say, if the wound is open then infection will may set in. My bridge baby come home with an open wound on her hind
& the vet said i was lucky i got her there straight away, as it could of got infected and all things would of been worse. He said it was a bite,
but my first thought was that she got it caught somewhere.
She didnt show any signs of pain and just lay down for the vet to look at her.

I feel ill at the thought of Felix being like this.
I am praying that you have managed to get hold of a vet  :wish:  

There is the PDSA, they have emergency vets there. Ring them?????

Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 21:36:05 PM »
I am sorry to say -you are going to provoke a lot of anger on here -IF you do not get this cat of yours ( your responsibility for his welfare !) to the vet immedietly !
If you do not i am afraid to say -you shouldn''t have a cat or any other animal if you dont !
How would you feel if someone had cut your leg and the bone was showing - i bet you would be expecting someone to take you to the hospital .
Its downright cruelty not taking him - you can pay in installments or something .
I would sell my soul to pay for my cats if they needed treatment !

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 21:30:57 PM »
From a quick review of tryme's posts Liz, I don't think Felix stands any chance of seeing a vet tonight  :( .  If true, this is so upsetting when a trip to PDSA is so obviously the way to go. 

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 20:46:06 PM »
Sorry to say but I would sign him over to a charity to get immediate treatment, he will be in pain and suffering and sorry to say but no vet charges £250 just for a call out even at night

We have 46 animals to care for excluding our outside ferals and I am just back in employment after 6 months and ours have had all their required medical treatment and we have eaten cheap food and made sure they were fed and medicated - We have also lost 3 in that time and all were cremated and brought home

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF FELIX GET OUT THE YELLOW PAGES AND PHONE AROUND EVERY VET IN YOUR BOOK AND GET HIM THIS TREATMENT
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 20:29:58 PM »
Can I ask what was the purpose in the OP? was it just to worry us all sick about Felix?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 20:25:39 PM »
they said 250 because of call out fee etc. I HAVENT got the money. so I have no choice im afraid.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 20:08:09 PM »
I agree with the others get him to a vet now because if you can see the bone and it becomes infected it will cost you a hell of a lot more than leaving him untill the morning.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 20:04:33 PM »
I have to be honest here though and say rude is not really the right word, its cruel to leave him until tomorrow

i agree, rude is what i'd like to be right now.  i'm sickened and disgusted that you could even think of leaving an animal with an exposed bone.

i'm sorry but that is just wrong, irresponsible and cruel.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 19:54:03 PM »
Poor boy  :'( please call on a vet and explain and if he keeps getting injured I would be tempted to keep in now  :hug: let us know how you get on
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 19:54:52 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 19:53:46 PM »
If you can see the bone it is very serious and he will be suffering so I'm afraid to say get him treated and worry about paying later

Most vets will take small payments and the Welfare of Felix is the priority her - Beans on toast can be nourishing and slimming

GET HIM TO THE VET
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 19:50:49 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that Felix has been injured, I have to be honest here though and say rude is not really the right word, its cruel to leave him until tomorrow. If it is as bad as it sounds, I expect he is suffering.
If it is your vets that has an out of hours service, call them tonight and ask if he can be seen tonight and you can pay for any costs in installments, many vets will offer this option. And please, if you can't afford emergancy/other vet treatment, get him insured - there is no way I could afford an operation or something if one of my cats needed it, so the first thing I did when I got them was to get them insured so I would always be able to get them treatment asap if the worst happened.
If there really is nothing you can do tonight, at least call the out of hours vet and find out the best way to make him comfortable.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline tryme

• Adult Cat
felix has come home in a bad way AGAIN :(
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 19:40:36 PM »
This time its one of his back legs. I can see his bone I think. It looks like he has caught it on something bad. I know it sounds rude but I don't have the money to do an emergency vets trip tonight so will have to take him tomorrow. He's eating and drinking but not walking very well. He's eating lying down.

Link to CatChat