Author Topic: Zooplus Cat food  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Zooplus Cat food
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 17:35:47 PM »
Oh good, that helps me cos mine wouldnt eat end of tins  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 14:03:34 PM »
Do any of Blips foods come in big tins? And if so will Blip eat the rest of the tin later?

No, I buy only pouches or single-serving tins.  So N/A to the second question  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 13:11:00 PM »
Oh Dawn thats so kind but sure it will be a bit costly, unless its one of those little tins.  :hug:

Thanks for the info Christine, will start making lists soon but have also to balance the cost of the food against the amount I am currently paying and know some zooplus foods are expensive.

Do any of Blips foods come in big tins? And if so will Blip eat the rest of the tin later?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
shredded meat or fish.

Animonda vom Feinsten Select would be just the ticket: that's exactly what it is.  So are Porta 21 and Miamor Feine Filets (I can only speak for the tuna varieties, though) .

things with loads of gravy or jelly and small pieces of meat/fish

Miamor Ragout Royale, Schmusy Vollwert Flakes or Herrmanns Bio-Menu.  Blip has similar tastes and she loves all of these.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
I can send you a tin of yarrah if you like it is chunks in gravy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 00:15:13 AM »
Oh Pav I would love just one please if you can spare it  :hug:

:thanks:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 00:12:04 AM »
Gill,
I have Bozita in tetra pack, its with minced Turkey in jelly, do you want me to send you some to try and see if Franta likes it ?  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 23:54:40 PM »
Best things for Franta are things with loads of gravy or jelly and small pieces of meat/fish, or shredded meat or fish.

I like the look and smell of carny but the cats didnt, and also havent like other pate food , so guess pate is out.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 18:08:05 PM »
Mine love everything  :shify:  What textures do yours prefer?  I will try to take pics next time I serve something up  :rofl: if they will allow that delay to feeding time!  They've just had some miamor turkey and egg but that was pate so guess that's no good.

Cosma goes down very well here.  It's sort of a cross between the shredded chicken you get in applaws et all and minced chicken (in size) and the chicken one is chicken breast in jelly.  The jelly is sort of mixed in with it (you don't get big pieces of jelly) and if you add water to it, like I do, I think it looks more like gravy.

Animonda carny is loved here.  Its sort of course pate.  Or maybe coursely ground meat would be a better description.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 15:41:32 PM »
Keep the info coming please. Mine dont like the pate one very much and Franta would not touch it.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:20:26 AM »
My lot love Bozita chunks in all flavours. They chunks are just under 1cm (square) and they are in a jelly that my cats love. I get it in the Tetra packs. There is very rarely any left in the bowl... I have tried them with the pate but they are not over fussed - will eat it but not all at once and not with as much gusto as the chunks. I won't be buying more pate.

Ditto! I bought some pate ones this time round and it was eaten eventually but certainly not enthusiastically.  The chunks in jelly guarantee bowls licked clean every time.  Zooplus have two new flavours in the chunks now which went down very well too.

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »
My lot love Bozita chunks in all flavours. They chunks are just under 1cm (square) and they are in a jelly that my cats love. I get it in the Tetra packs. There is very rarely any left in the bowl. I will try to remember to take a pic when I feed them tonight. The chunks don't look like actual meat - I mean you can tell it is processed. It has a high meat content but not sure what exactly. I have tried them with the pate but they are not over fussed - will eat it but not all at once and not with as much gusto as the chunks. I won't be buying more pate.

Mine also like Cosmo from Zooplus but not all the flavours. The flavours are in German but the ones mine like are Lamm (assuming lamb) and the Tuna one. THese are high meat content as well. The lamb is more like a rough pate, some bits but rest is pate like. The tuna one looks just like tuna. There are also Thai style Cosmo ones that mine like, but can't remember the flavour.

Mine also have wet hills science and Hi-life. THey seem to have gone off Hi-life at the moment.

I give mine a variety so they don't get bored and go off them.

One thing from Zooplus which my two boys go absolutely mad for are the Gourmet sticks (not sure of actual name). They are ostrich, kangaroo and reindeer sticks. They are almost like jerky and are just like dried meat sticks. They aren't cheap but nice for a treat.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »
that is very good, it was £4 something for 6 from zooplus

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »
Schmusey was at my local BM (Bargain Madness) for 5 for 88p

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
I just tried

Animonda Carny Adult
     Schmusy Meat

Amber ate these when I had literally just taken the lid off, but the second part of the tin later that day was untouched, Tilly and Oscar wouldn't touch it

Yarrah Chicken Chunks, was universally ignored by everyone

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Zooplus Cat food
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:56 AM »
I am desperate to find a food that Franta will eat and would like some help from those of you that use zooplus food cos there is such a lot of different types.

Please can you tell me which food your cat likes and what it is like to look at.......ie chunks/flakes in jelly/gravy and how much jelly/gravy there is.

A picture of it in a dish would be helpful too.

Is it very high meat/fish content, have any made your cats ill or they do not like.

Is the meat /fish look like real meat /fish or is  it just brown lumps or looks like Oh so tasty or As good as it looks, which my cats hate.

Any info would be helpful.

:thanks:

Link to CatChat