Author Topic: Zooplus delivery problems!!! arrghhh  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Zooplus delivery problems!!! arrghhh
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
I personally haven't had any problems with Zooplus but I know other people on another forum I'm on have had a lot of problems.  I ordered a cat carrier about 6 weeks ago and it arrived within 5 days.  Someone had been saying that they having problems in their delivery office.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 02:07:46 AM »
Yep it's Royal Mail/Parcelfarce (as i still call it after watchdog first coined the phrase) but it's issues with Pets at home that are narking me ATM...
I ordered some of thier premium biccies on Monday and am STILL waiting for delivery....Keli's starving, my poor baby!
Shes' gone off wet food of recent, but 'cos the delivery is late the bowls are empty....
P.S...PAH use Royal Mail and Home delivery Network (who are another bunch of incompetents)

If the delivery doesn't arrive tomorrow i'll feed the driver to my guys.  :naughty:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 19:03:42 PM »
I generally dont have too much trouble with zooplus, i still find their packing a shambles but have gotten used to that now

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 16:58:33 PM »
We use the Royal mail service and our driver knows what days we are in and our last order was in the sorting office for 9 days and we were out when he called so he climbed in to the paddock and went to the garage got our trolly out and wheeled all the stuff in to the garage and left us a note in the mail box

Our paddock at that point wasn't cut and he had to enter at the section of fence we cut for our neighbours old blind alsation to come through for his daily biscuit!

DHL couldn't find the house and were a pain until my sister who used to work for them called the depot Manager and hey ho delivery turned up at 19.00pm with bells on!

He did check first to see the dogs weren't in there as Sky helped out with the previous delivery in the back of the van! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 16:31:44 PM »
Oh yes the awaiting collection in a post office - the whole palave that led to my predicament in the first place. Bit of a nightmare really!!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »
I emailed parcelforce through the screen where you trace the parcel. I arranged re-delivery to my proper FULL address today and a girl emailed me yesterday to confirm this.

Actually, I will try tracking it now to see whats going on with it!

... apparently its "awaiting collection" in a post office I don't know now! wonderful  :tired:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 08:13:56 AM »
Zooplus are a bit crap but the delivery problems are parcelforce.  Zooplus should deal with problems more effectively but it's parcelforce who have lost my delivery.  I've emailed a few times but have replied to a previous email from them (not one notifiying me of delivery etc - one from previous correspondence about the same order) and haven't really had the time to chase it up too much.  Must email from their webpage and ask them to send out again. 

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 00:46:41 AM »
Zooplus and thier delivery service...ack!

The last order I put through had a small food dispenser in it, unfortunatley it also had tins of food in it and the result was cans 1- dispenser 0. I wasn't impressed and told them so.At least they gave me a £7 credit, but whether my 'recommendation' that they pack things properly has been noted I somehow doubt it!

You've been waiting since August? What the hell are they doing? Plating the item in gold and studding it with precious jewels? Can the work only be done by a small girl with a green ribbon in her hair when the moon is in it's twelfth house?  :Crazy: :evillaugh:

The online pet store are awful- I waited for a litter tray (urgently needed) which took a WEEK to arrive. The product was appaling, when I took them up on it, they admitted that the entire batch was duff! Why are they dispatching  :censored: merchandise in the first place? They replaced it with the next size up, but I had to wait another week! AND pay for the duff one to be returned!

Royalmail are a BIG liabilty when it comes to zooplus. I've stopped using the GLS service, it seems that the DHL side of things is a better bet. I don't understand why they have such a gripe with lifting heavy boxes, the Parcelpets delivery that arrived today (30Kg) was delivered no probs. Why don't the companies supply these guys with sack trolleys? Makes such a difference!

It all makes me so mad, why should we have to put ourselves out that much when thier staff can't even be  :censored: to walk up some stairs to deliver a note saying we missed you....

Nothing like laziness well carried out these days.....

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 23:58:15 PM »
What a nightmare - especially if you are moving house soon!!!  I found Parcelforce helpful when I called their main number - not the local depot-  they might be ab le to advise on when they can re-deliver the original package.

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »
I am quite annoyed with Zooplus at the moment!  >:(

I traced the parcel (1 of 2) and it says that Parcel Force cannot find my address and its been held in Manchester parcel depot since 3rd Oct.
I had a proper look at the Zooplus email and they haven't send it to my full address (as specified when I ordered!!) They have only put the road  and postcode - no house number, area, etc.

I have sent them an email this morning asking if they would send the 2nd parcel to the RIGHT address, and let me know if they wont be dispatching in the next week as we are moving and I will need to give them the new address instead.

I have also tried to contact the Parcel Force people through a contact mail on their website with the proper address! what a shambles  >:(
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »
Oh god - Susanne - August?!  :shocked:

I have placed an order which was dispatched a week ago (well one of the things has been the other is "waiting") and its still not here - we move in 11 days and I need it all to be here before we go!

I agree on the packaging, the times I have ordered it hasn't been secured particularly well  :tired:

I don't want to complain about them though, they did send me loads of stuff (two HUGE bags of science plan and a covered tray) when I emailed them to ask if they wanted to donate anything to my cat food christmas run 2006 (Was it really that long ago!!?) for Cats Protection Wigan/Cat 77  :)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »
I did try calling parcelforce - the Edinburgh depot were not interested but the head office offerred to arrange a re-delivery but as Friday is the only day I am always in then I needed the cat litter before that! Supposidly it is 'normal' practice for items to be taken to the local post office if it is a small package for customer ease - I did point out that the depot and the post office are half a mile apart so surely that doesn't quite matter in my case but anyway! Head office did agree that a 30kg package is too bulky to be left at a post office but given the urgency for the litter I needed to get it asap so went to the post office (having managed to leave a meeting early!!).

The lady at the post office was trying to talk me out of taking the two packages because of the weight of the litter tray and eventually we had to open the box with the cat food to put that in my hand bag so I could literally shuffle the litter out in its box to the car.

I am a bit fed up with zooplus too and I just wish I could get that litter elsewhere. It is farcical that two 15kg packages of litter are boxed together. I always get the same - litter plus food and therefore always have two boxes but they never split up the litter and actually receiving it always causes problems - the only time I used the dhl option for delivery they didn't even attempt to climb the stairs to my house and left notification for delivery on the stair door!! it is just too heavy!!!

Maybe there is a niche in the market here - for a company that offer a bit better service!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Essexuk

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 20:14:19 PM »
I do like zooplus selection and prices , but im getting sick of the delivery times , i waited  over 2 weeks for a litter tray , paid £27 for it amoung other things.

Another time i ordered quite a lot of litter and food etc and they sent it all together in one box , the box was all broken and all the stuff was hanging out , even the courier said it was packed bad , the dry food pack had a big hole in it and some of the food had spilled out in the box.

I now no longer want to shop with this company , as all i get from them is excuses  , they dont seem to want to improve the service

I would sooner pay extra and get faster and better service

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 19:30:17 PM »
I always have my orders delivered to work - is that an option for next time?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 19:15:48 PM »
That's  :censored: about it normally being sent to a post office.  It's not normal policy.  It has happened to me once but every other time I've not been in it has been taken to parcelforce depot and you have to specifically request it to be delivered to a post office.  Ring back and ask to speak to someone in charge and tell them you want to collect it from the parcelforce depot and that you cannot get to a post office.  I'd say contact zooplus about it but I'm still waiting for part of my order that was sent out beginning August  :shify:  Zooplus don't seem to want to know.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
mine always left it with a neighbour and a couple of times in the wheelie bin!

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Zooplus delivery problems!!! arrghhh
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »
Hello all,

Given that I can't find classy cat litter anywhere else I have opted to go with Zooplus again. As always I try and have delivery arranged for when I am off on a friday and I managed it again this week but must not have heard the buzzer (I live in a flat) or as I suspect, given the weight of the two packs (30KG) the driver has not wanted to carry it up the stairs. So I got a card through the door via the post Saturday morning to say that my packages that had been taken to my local post office rather than the local parcel force depo (which is five mins from my house).

So here is the problem - the post office is open the hours that I work so I can't go until Fri. The parcel force depot is open until 7pm every night and opens at 8am - I would have been able to go tonight to get my stuff.

I have just called parcelforce to complain at the fact they have taken stuff to the local post office which I can't get to when it is open and to question why it wasn't taken to the depot. Was told my a very sullen man who was most unhelpful that this is their policy and that is what they always do - they have only did this for the last delivery and this one - before that I have been in or got it from the depot.

Is this the norm for everyone - is anyone else having to trudge to a post office to collect these 30kg packages - it is so heavy and hard to carry and the post office is based in a big shopping centre. What a nightmare - don't have a clue how I will collect it and the litter trays badly need changed!!!

arrghhhhh

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Link to CatChat