Author Topic: What can I do? Missing cat...  (Read 995 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: What can I do? Missing cat...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 15:35:36 PM »
Maybe he regularly visits someone else from when he was unwanted?  Charlie used to visit 5 houses before he came to live with me.  It could be that they let him stay there?

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 14:48:18 PM »
Good advice from the others.

Ask neighbours to check their garages and outhouses and put leaflets with details through local doors.

Maybe a good idea to put something on his collar about his medical condition

Best of luck :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 13:38:11 PM »
Check out that link, Verity, and on your posters / flyers mention Sam's need for his medication.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »
Verity, look in the lost and found section. There's a list of helpful hints on making people aware about your missing family member.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
What can I do? Missing cat...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
One of our three moggies, Sam has lately been staying out all night. They know the rules- tea, then the cat flap is out of bounds.... He's pulled all nighters two or three times in the last few weeks, and last night didn't come home for the second night running, and I haven't seen him for 48 hours.

He was an unwanted cat, who found us and moved in five years ago. We had him neutered, vaccinated and insured... do you think he's moved on? He came in the other night, smelling of cigarette smoke, and after a severe talking to about mixing with the wrong crowd, he settled down for the night... I will be upset if someone is feeding him, because he suffers from recurrent cystitis and has now missed his Cystaid two nights running... when he returns (if) I shall get him a 'please don't feed me, I'm on medication' tag for his collar...

I'm worried sick...

Link to CatChat