Author Topic: Letterbox Animation - Marillion Video Contest Entry - Your Support Please  (Read 13235 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Letterbox Animation - Marillion Video Contest Entry - Your Support Please
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »
thanks for letting us know Mary, at least he has got the mortgage offer which is hard enough these days I hear if you speak to him send him luck from me

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2008, 19:57:24 PM »
Hi All

Spoke to Leigh on the phone today and passed a few text messages to each other.  He asked me to say hello to you all and he sends his love.

His teeth are not too bad at the moment but flat hunting is really getting him down and taking up a lot of time. 

When he sees a nice one it's too late and the others are not fit enough for anyone to live in.  He's managed to get a mortgage but because he's not looking for a flat that's a few million a lot of estate agents don't want to know.  They just want young couples who are willing to get into debt and pay anything.

He's having this week off work to have a good look around so I'm sure you won't all mind keeping your fingers crossed for himand wishing him good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2008, 16:36:55 PM »
hope you are feeling a bit better leigh

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that things are piling up a bit, Leigh.  Why do things always happen together?  But they do...

Take strong painkillers for your teeth and persist in pointing out the updating issue to YouTube.  Given the house prices round our way, if you have an issue with a mortgage, are there any co-ownership schemes in Kingston?  There are several in Fulham, including a smart new one on the banks of the Thames, and it's a good way to get on the ladder, I believe.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2008, 10:46:22 AM »
fingers crossed for you Leigh!!!!!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
Thanks Dawn,

Yes it is and yes they have :(

I viewed a nice place on Saturday morning and have a meeting lunchtime today with a mortgage advisor to see if we can sort out a mortgage and if so I'll make an offer on it.

Wish us luck.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »
hope things pick up soon, unfortunately it isn't a cheap area you are in is it - have the banks etc cut down on giving out mortgages?

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
Good morning folks,

Sorry I've not been around much but been feeling pretty low. I have problems with my rented accomodation at the moment as I believe they are trying to sell it  which might well leave me having to move in the next couple of months and find alternative rented accommodation. I am investigating the possibilities of buying but the market isn't in my favour at the moment, add in the horrendous problems I've been having with my teeth and I've been felling pretty low. The video views haven't seriously updated and You Tube don't seem bothered in investigating so that's another  :censored:

All the best

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2008, 23:05:32 PM »
Just tried that picture link and it doesnt work cos of invalid parameters  :rofl: :rofl:

I reckon they keep changing things  so need hunt down the link cos wanna see if it updated the views yet  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2008, 16:18:08 PM »
I noticed this was on 99 replies and I wanted to make it 100  :evillaugh: :naughty: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2008, 15:04:03 PM »
hope you are feeling better leigh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2008, 14:38:23 PM »
Just thought I'd bump this up for Leigh as I spoke to him on the phone last night and he's still in agony with his teeth - one out, nerves out of another and a temp filling in it and another one yet to be looked at.  Plus the agony of the bill!!!! :'( :'(

Good job Frankie, Suzie and Alfie are there to cheer him up.

:hug:  :Luv2:

Mary
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 15:03:59 PM by maryas »

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2008, 14:47:30 PM »
Brilliant - I love how Jameson is rocking out in the front row!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2008, 15:40:04 PM »
sorry the teeth are still bad Leigh - I've only been away for just over a week - what has been going on!!!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner been in agony with toothache again all weekend, going to dentists later to have another tooth out so will be sitting around all evening waiting for jabs to wear off and feeling a bit sorry for myself  ;D

I am embedding the You Tube code again Mark so the vid should auto-play below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlejfVkByF4&amp;autoplay=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jlejfVkByF4&amp;autoplay=1</a>

Thanks Stu, that's a nice dodge the Irish You Tube  ;D ;D

Thanks very much for posting the rating and the comments Gill, I think you are right that folks don't have accounts and/or don't know how to rate and comment.

I'm really very frustrated about the way that the views aren't updating on You Tube, their insight stats show about 82,000 views but haven't seriously updated the front end counter for about 10 days. I put a message on their support forum but I'm not expecting them to do anything about it if the forum responses by them are anything to go by. The last 3/4 days the views have dropped right down to a few hundred a day by comparison with last week when, for a few days, I was getting between 10,000 and a maximum of 25,000 views per day but these figures are just not reflected in the view counter.

Cheers all

Leigh

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2008, 01:29:10 AM »
Hiya Leigh, erm Mogfather59  :evillaugh: I was going to put up a comment, but i am back offshore and as before
the IT guy's have blocked youtube (although I know a way around it ;) ) and go to an alternative one europe, etc
although I am currently watching Letterbox on the Oirish youtube  :evillaugh: only problem is I cannot sign in on it
cause it is the UK youtube I am registered on :( at least the counter will still go up  :wow:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2008, 23:05:21 PM »
I didnt know how to rate the video so everyone go in and click on the stars on the last star of course  :rofl: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2008, 18:16:35 PM »
The music isn't starting up when you go into the thread now Leigh.

Edit - Just realised, it only come on in page one of posts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 20:01:16 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2008, 16:54:19 PM »
Hi folks,

The view stats still haven't updated but I have added sub-titles in 6 European languages, unfortunaterly these are online translations and might be quite amusing and that might also work to my advantage but the thought counts as they say so if any of you speak French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian (I'm okay on the English)  ;D then feel free to offer corrections  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »
Hiya,

Well the view stats didn't update last night but, if the same happens as last week, they might update tonight and that will set the tongues wagging :)

At the moment the video is the 6th highest viewed of the competition entries, if and when the stats update it might go up to third or possibly second and, in just over two weeks since I entered it that's nothing short of amazing especially considering that all the top viewed videos had a two week head start. I really hope that it is a fun video to watch and folks around the world are enjoying it. I must admit that I find the stats intriguing, there are countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East viewing it that I've hardly heard of and that are almost too small to click on in the interactive map thing. I've never really gotten into You Tube that much but I'm beginning to understand Chris' comment on "Viral" advertising. As you all know I created the animation for Alfie-cat's website and it has been terrific fun and then the competition came along and the music fitted hand-in-glove to the running length of the video so I thought it'd be lots of fun to "go for it" and it is lots of fun. I think it's really fun to see the age range that are viewing the wide ranges all the way from kids to 65+ and there are millions of cat lovers so I'm hoping that it's popularity is due to it being both an animation and that it contains cats. I think that it's a brilliant marketing idea by the band, get others to produce videos, spice things up with a nice prize and get worldwide free promotion for their new album/tour, works for me  ;D

Hi Gill, well, the ending eg. the last three scenes with the band on the moon, on the seafloor and the building site were included as a bit of a flight of fancy really, wanted to include some stuff with the band playing in humorous/crazy locations. It was my intent to link it in better by cutting to the band on stage with these scene playing behind them and, I might still do this when time permits for my website version but of course I've taken what I had ready in the time available and added the competition music soundtrack.

Hi Mary, thank you chuck, I shall ignore their "sour puss" (excuse the pun) attitude :), I have noticed a significant increase in views from Italy, please pass on my thanks to your friends when next you speak to them.

All the best, thanks folks

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:30:32 AM by LeighK »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2008, 21:56:10 PM »
I wouldnt worry about the sore losers Leigh, if its getting world wide exposure thats great.

They should never underestimate the power of the cat people and I recently joined a British games site and every other person seems to have a picture of a cat or their name is cat related  ;D

I think the vidoe is unique and the more you see the cat audience and the drummer looking like charlie watts LOL the better it gets. So much is happening in it that something new is seen everytime. Also the sound track is good and not over powering.  ;D Yes and also love the lead guitar player  ;D

One thing maybe you can clear up for me though is the end, I am not sure what it means?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2008, 21:49:31 PM »
Must admit I only look at You tube when people on here put a post on for us to look at BUT I thought the whole idea of it was to let people all over the world see it.  That's why I sent it to my friends in Italy and I know they are showing it to people in their hotels that come from Germany, Austria, France etc.  so if they are passing it on to people they know - the numbers will naturally go up.

Set of  :censored: holes Leigh - tell them you are not cheating - you are a cheetah!!   :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2008, 20:06:14 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks hun, that's not cheating at all, that's what it's all about, telling friends, family, workmates etc., that's the fun of it shurely and it is fun. I wish that You Tube would update the views more often, when your figures jump from 2,000 ofdd to 18,000 ior at the moment from 21,000 to 80,000 odd it looks like cheating I suppose, what folks don;'t appreciate is that icrease is a weeks worth or so bottled up in the system. As for the guy that mentioned lack of comments and good rating then I can't see the two are in any way related to view figures. If folks want to post a rating or a comment then they can but, if they are like me, then the usually don't bother and, in the case of non-english speakers then I guess that puts them off posting comments I don't know why there aren't more comments or ratings, not my problem  ;D ;D

Cheers hun,

You Tube is doing maintenace tonight so maybe the stats will update tomorrow in which case they'll be screaming "cheating" but that's sour grapes I think, all I'd like to think is that folks are enjoying the video and it's giving some fun to folks.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2008, 18:47:18 PM »
Well, and if one or two of us have sent the link to one or two well-connected friends, what's cheating about that?  Those whom we laughingly call competitors are just jealous  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2008, 18:08:49 PM »
Hi folks, I just had another comment on you Tube which, like the first one, implied that I was cheating, of course what is happening is that when (and if)the view counter fimally does update tomorrow night or soon after to about 80,000 views I'm going to get even more posting such comments wehen, I am not cheating, I feel that the video is genuinely popular around the world. I know that I am far too thin-skinned for my own good but I'm getting a bit sick of such insinuations.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2008, 19:41:22 PM »
So am I, oh let these figures be accurate please  ;D ;D

Amazing if they are, I guess overnight Thursday will be crunch time.

cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 19:44:20 PM by LeighK »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2008, 16:59:19 PM »
Cant wait to see the update of the views, it did go up a couple of hundref yesteday  ;D

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2008, 16:56:38 PM »
Hi Stu,

I'm praying that the front-end view  stats will update in a big way like they did last Friday as, according to my stats using You Tube Insight they are running at an incredible 79,000 views but it is agonisingly taking days to update. If this figure is in any way correct then that's simply amazing, if it isn't then I'm stuck.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2008, 15:43:28 PM »
Good idea Leigh  :evillaugh:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2008, 12:39:33 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm trying something new today on You Tube posting the video as Video Responses to a few mega cat videos such as the Mean Kitty Song etc. see if I can publicise it more amongst the cat-loving fraternity.   ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008, 19:09:45 PM »
Not as far as I can see chuck

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 19:00:44 PM »
Is there no way of finding out when they actually update the scores and how?

M

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2008, 18:57:30 PM »
Hiya chuck,

yes, that's what it says for me too but it was 18,000 apx. on Friday and according to the stats I've picked up many countries and at least another 20,000 views since then maybe it only seriously updates at the end of the week like it did last week, I hope so.

:Luv2:

Leigh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2008, 18:52:26 PM »
 :censored: hell Leigh - I've just looked and it says 20,477  :Luv2:

Mary

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2008, 18:19:02 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm getting a little impatient for the views counter to update, according to my stats on You Tube the video is doing much better than the stats show. we are getting views from every continent and from some countires that I've hardly  heard of and the popularity figure is staying pretty high but the view counter is hardly moving. Either their stats are very wrong or there will be one huge update in the future. According to the stats I've been getting about 10,000 views a day for the last three days but this just isn't shown on the front end.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2008, 12:39:39 PM »
Thanks Gill,

I'm delighted at how things are going, I wish their front-end view stats would refresh more often though.

Thanks folks

Cheers

Leigh

• Purrrrrfect Cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2008, 18:50:43 PM »
Wow this has really taken off, wonderful cos i thinks its a graet video  ;D

Now wheres the bloominn link?

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2008, 17:33:03 PM »
So I am beginning to comprehend Chris  ;D

Still haven't cracked the USA as much as I'd like except for California, I guess the video would be more popular there.

:Luv2:

Leigh

Link to CatChat