Author Topic: ZooPlus - No Orijen AGAIN  (Read 12991 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: ZooPlus - No Orijen AGAIN
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 19:08:01 PM »
Catbird is right - the price is VAT-inclusive after all  :thanks:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 18:45:15 PM »
  :-[

I will have to swallow my pride for the cats' sake I guess  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 18:23:50 PM »
Well, you seemed to want to use Orijen and nowt else and having fallen out with Zooplus, I couldn't see how else you were going to get the stuff, bar a trip to Canada.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 18:18:50 PM »
So it does  :Crazy:

Bad site I guess - If you look at the delivery section, then scroll down to Tax - it says tax is extra. If you hadn't pointed that out, I wouldn't have ordered from them.

Thanks  :shy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 16:37:36 PM »
Edit - maybe not, I just saw this "Tax Charges -
VAT at the standard rate of 17.5% will be added to all orders"  >:(
I understand when ordering in business that net prices are shown but it is standard in this country to show gross prices - I don't like this at all  >:(

Mark - I may be misunderstanding here but I have just looked on the dog and cat treats site and the price they are displaying for Orijen states that it is inclusive of VAT.  Either they have had a swift change of views or I have got the wrong end of the stick (again)  :Crazy:

C.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 20:39:11 PM »
I am even more determined to change mine over to it completely after reading up on Red Flag ingredients in commercial food. ie meat byproducts can include rendered cat & dog and even the drug that was used to euthanise  :sick:

I have read articles saying that, but i believe either that is just in the US, or it is an old article and it has now been banned, i can't remember which. I know our industry is a lot stricter than US.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 20:34:24 PM »
The Clan Cats haven't tried this yet so our 75kgs of biscuits ordered from Hills and Royal Canin today will have to do them!

mark we feed 10 kinds of RC, 6 Hills, plus James Wellbeloved, Purina and they even sometimes eat Whiskas, Gocat and Tesc's own but they prefer more expensive brands!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 20:25:44 PM »
I understand when ordering in business that net prices are shown but it is standard in this country to show gross prices - I don't like this at all  >:(

VAT rates vary across Europe, Mark, so a pan-European site is likely to quote VAT-exclusive prices?  May even have to - I dont sell to consumers  :shy:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 19:33:07 PM »
Apart from all the aggravation of my last order, I sent in a review of Tigerino Nuggies 2 weeks ago and it still isn't showing. I think their reviews are fake and they only show the better ones. Susanne also sent in a negative review over a week ago and that isn't showing either. Had I seen an honest review of it, I never would have ordered it. Me and Zooplus are history  :tired:

I have seen negative reviews of products on there so I don't think they are deliberately not showing poor reviews.  But I do think they are a bit slow and incompetent in getting reviews put up.  There is one review on there at the moment that mentions the poor clumping and says they are disappointed with it and wont' be buying it again.

I'm wondering whether they are having problems at the moment as they still havent' responded to my email regarding my missing order.  They usually respond quicker than this when I email them.  Are there any public holidays in Germany at the moment that might account for no-one being around?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 19:34:47 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 19:20:31 PM »
I am holding fire until the fish one is available and will order some of each from www.catanddogtreats.co.uk:)

I am not ordering from Zooplus any more as I am really peed off with them  >:( Apart from all the aggravation of my last order, I sent in a review of Tigerino Nuggies 2 weeks ago and it still isn't showing. I think their reviews are fake and they only show the better ones. Susanne also sent in a negative review over a week ago and that isn't showing either. Had I seen an honest review of it, I never would have ordered it. Me and Zooplus are history  :tired:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 19:27:25 PM by Mark »

Offline Pooky

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 18:08:31 PM »
You've all got me so curious about this mystical must have Orijen that I've been and ordered some this very second(2.5kg bag). And some Bozita. And a rustle tunnel.  :doh: You lot are a bad influence!

Oh and I ordered a Da Bird earlier.

Beans on toast for me this month then.................

I did the very same. I hope it lives up to the hype as nutritionally it makes sense!

I bought Da bird a few weeks ago and the first time I brought it out he went crazy, making all these squeeky chattering noises. He still likes to play with it but it seems to be getting a bit passe for him.

Mind you his favourite toy is a black plastic stick - Don't ask! :shocked:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 17:52:35 PM »
I am even more determined to change mine over to it completely after reading up on Red Flag ingredients in commercial food. ie meat byproducts can include rendered cat & dog and even the drug that was used to euthanise  :sick:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 16:25:47 PM »
You've all got me so curious about this mystical must have Orijen that I've been and ordered some this very second(2.5kg bag). And some Bozita. And a rustle tunnel.  :doh: You lot are a bad influence!

Oh and I ordered a Da Bird earlier.

Beans on toast for me this month then.................
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 16:28:25 PM by 925dancer »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 15:13:13 PM »
The 7kg bags are still oit if stock and according to the write up could be 21days  >:(
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 14:43:52 PM »
nooooooooo what about my self imposed no cat shopping ban!!!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 14:38:18 PM »
Orijen back in stock at Zooplus, folks  ;D

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
The littlies will eat literally anything , but Beavis is getting fussier as he gets older! Hes on Felix AGAIL atm , with the odd pouch of perles thrown in.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
the light RC they all go crazy for (apart from Tilly, she likes the feel of flesh!) its becoming a bit of issue really because Amber is now eating Stars food instead of her own, I don't want two that will only eat dry - fussy mare has gone off oh so fishy now and only eats the cod flavour of whiskas in jelly, won't touch almo nature or applaws so I might try bozita but am not supposed to be buying anything cat related until pay day in October

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 10:52:50 AM »
We have RC, Slimness, RC Active, RC outdoor 10+, RC sensitive 32(?), RC prescription sensitive, Tesco enhanced nutrition, PAH Light chicken  :Crazy:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 10:50:15 AM »
Beavis currently has a choice of Origen , Rc , Hills , Joe and Jills and Purina 7+.  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
I have decided to hold-fire until the fish one is in stock - in the meantime they will have to make do with RC  :evillaugh:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
I have half a bag left that Beavis has decided he didnt like! :tired:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 10:24:21 AM »
The older Benglies were on Orijen for about 2 weeks and tummies completely sorted when all else failed, Orijen is really convenient because I have got the 2 baby Bengals and 2 over a year plus 2 moggies and they can all eat the same biccies with no problems.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Catbird

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
I doubt if your local petshop will be able to get it as there are there is only one UK importer - www.catanddogtreats.co.uk  

I wish they sold litter etc as you have to order 15kg to get free delivery. I suppose I wouldn't mind ordering 2 x 7.5kg at a time but will have to find an airtight container as a bag would be open for a couple of months.

Oh bum!  Nothing's ever easy is it?

Dawn F - I have cupboards full of other types of food as well.  If I ever get Dot stable on one food I swear I'll donate the rest to a rescue.

C.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 09:26:31 AM »
I'm so tempted to try this orijen (if I can get it!) trouble is I've got 19kg of other brands in the cupboard!  I want to try bozita as well for Amber, she is getting fussier and fussier and has started only eating dry which I really don't want

on the litter front Mark, the extreme classic seems to clump well

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
I doubt if your local petshop will be able to get it as there are there is only one UK importer - www.catanddogtreats.co.uk  

I wish they sold litter etc as you have to order 15kg to get free delivery. I suppose I wouldn't mind ordering 2 x 7.5kg at a time but will have to find an airtight container as a bag would be open for a couple of months.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:19:40 AM by Mark »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
My local Pet Shops cantget the Orijen unfortunately - it would be great of they could.  :(
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Catbird

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 08:44:16 AM »
I did get the trial Orijen packs from ZP but, if I decide to stick with Orijen, I will get my local petshop man to get it in for me.  He may initially seem more expensive but he gets in everything I need, delivers when I want him to, knows to leave stuff with my neighbours if ever I am not around (like when I am spending an unplanned 20 mins stuck at signals enjoying the view at Swanley  :tired:).  He doesn't charge for delivery and once that's taken into account, he's not much more expensive than ZP (I do realise that ZP is free delivery over £29 but I tend to need different things at different times and rarely spend over £29 in one go).  I'm only mentioning all this in case ordering from the local pet shop might be a better solution for some of you guys.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 23:23:03 PM »
I do apologise.  I had no idea that the 2 400g packs I received from them this morning were the last in stock  :sneaky:  I'm terribly torn between offering to share  :hug: and  :nerner:  What to do, what to do?

C.

:rofl:

I reckon you have my (or rather Mosi's) packs  :P

I'm rather fed up with zooplus too but it is the only place where I can get everything I need in one delivery.  I simply can't order litter from one place, food from different places etc as I end up having to take a day off work to be in for every delivery.  Until this last time, parcelforce very kindly left my zooplus deliveries outside my door, meaning that I didn't need to take time off work, but now seem to have stopped doing that  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 23:10:32 PM »
I do apologise.  I had no idea that the 2 400g packs I received from them this morning were the last in stock  :sneaky:  I'm terribly torn between offering to share  :hug: and  :nerner:  What to do, what to do?

C.

:rofl:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 23:05:00 PM »
http://www.catanddogtreats.co.uk/acatalog/organic_cat_food.html

My Orijen from the above site arrived this moning 13 x 400g bags  :rofl:

I ordered it on Monday evening and it arrived this morning - now thats what I call service, it is more expensive than Zooplus but TBH I am getting a bit fed up with their  :censored: service so might stick with this new supplier for my Orijen.

If anyone needs Orijen at the moment I would highly reccomend this company.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 18:36:15 PM »
zooplus have not responded to my email asking them for the tracking number for my last parcel that has gone awol.  I think I'm unlikely to ever see that one :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 18:35:17 PM »
ok - so who's got my missing 400g bags of orijen that have gone missing?  Does anyone here work for parcelforce?  ;)

Catbird

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 16:31:07 PM »

C.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 15:48:02 PM »
Zooplus had this problem with Timberwolf a couple of years ago. It took them ages to get it re-stocked because they had problems with their supplier. Also they were the only ones that stocked Timberwolf  :doh:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 15:42:21 PM »
Thats the size I normally buy too but I have ordered loads of the little bags to keep me going.  I have been looking for an alternative dry food (no cereals etc) but as yet have not been able to find one  :( anyone got any ideas ?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 15:37:49 PM »
so Angie's got it!  Do they email you when things come back in stock?

:evillaugh:

She only buys the 7kg bags unless they are out of stock  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 15:36:52 PM »
I think the other seller must get large stocks as they have a section for Trade Enquiries. Maybe rescue prices?

It's annoying as a few weeks ago, their price was £12 somthing then it shot up to £16 something. Their kilo rate on small bags is cheaper than zooplus for medium so best to buy loads. You have to buy 13.5kg (I think) to get free delivery. I just wished they did clumping litter  :evillaugh:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 14:26:53 PM »
I know Mark it is really annoying, last time they ran out they still had the small (2.5kg) bags but this time they have completely run out of all sizes.  I have emailed Orijen and told them that I am not happy.

I will let you know what this other supplier is like because TBH even though they are more expensive if their service is better I may switch to them because Zooplus are a bit of a pain at the moment - they charged me twice for my last order which took 2 weeks to arrive and I am still waiting for a refund  >:(

You can request to ne notified via Email Dawn, trouble is if they dont get much stock it is nearly all sole before it even arrives.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 13:59:24 PM »
so Angie's got it!  Do they email you when things come back in stock?

Link to CatChat