Author Topic: The best plan of action tonight....?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Re: The best plan of action tonight....?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 16:39:24 PM »
If George is used to sleeping in the Kitchen keep him there. Try to keep his routine as normal as possible. As for the cat it's where you want him to be, if you are comfortable with him in the bedroom then have him there, he might stay there all night or he might wander into the hall.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 16:38:35 PM »
I have 6/7 cats sleep in my bedroom..... :shy: with the door open of course!  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 16:36:28 PM »
Id vote bedroom too

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 16:34:57 PM »
Separate sleeping arrangements will only be necessary if the introductions do not go well. Your cat will probably find your bedroom the best and most acceptable place, lol, regardless of your plans. But if you plan to sleep I would not lock it immediately outside the bedroom door - better to have it inside the room.

Offline rachael1981

• Adult Cat
The best plan of action tonight....?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 16:31:56 PM »
As most of you know we are bringing home our new rescue cat tonight (yay!!) but we have the minor problem of our 6 month old Basset to contend with! lol!

We live in a bungalow, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a living room - and obviously all joined by the hallway! We planned on George the dog sleeping in the kitchen (as usual) and Mr Tinks sleeping in the hallway - for now anyway.

But what should we do when we bring him home? Shall we jump straight in and see what George is like with Mr Tinks (on a leash) and see if we can all settle happily tonight or shall we keep George shut in the kitchen all night?

We dont have a spare room where Mr Tinks could stay for now - the only 'spare' place is the hallway!

Any advice (again) is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Rachel x

Link to CatChat