Author Topic: Getting worried  (Read 5746 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Getting worried
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 22:21:27 PM »
I know! He needs it bad!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 22:20:06 PM »
Do you think someone on here could rescue him. Poor boy needs the snip snip.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 22:13:40 PM »
Could you get a voucher for him and do all the "running about?" I had a housemate that dithered for ages about getting her cat spayed - so I organised a voucher, paid the excess and took the cat for its op myself! (I have to put, I had been told this cat was female so didn't check. Transpires he was male so he got neutered instead of spayed. :evillaugh:)

Poor Jameson - it's not nice when cats feel threatened in their own home. Big Lad is currently practically living in his "hut" outside because there are a couple of new cats to the area coming into our garden for "his" catnip plant.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 22:05:40 PM »
Thats what I said to her - but she doesn't think it will make a difference! So I said, at least have him snipped so he won't get other ladies preggo. But... she wont!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 22:01:17 PM »
I know, it's a nightmare, it's a lovely gorgeous affectionate cat and I would take him on, but feel Jameson isn't comfortable with him - he's on edge and getting territorial and mumsy!

Maybe he would be better without his bits and Jameson would accept him then.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 21:59:45 PM »
I know, it's a nightmare, it's a lovely gorgeous affectionate cat and I would take him on, but feel Jameson isn't comfortable with him - he's on edge and getting territorial and mumsy!

I think she's put an ad out for him  now... on the tree site.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 21:46:00 PM »
Poor little Jman  :(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 21:44:41 PM »
This woman is a nightmare!  >:(  I don't know what to suggest as it doesn't sound like she will take any notice of anything you say. 

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 17:19:28 PM »
I know I'm going on about it - but now this woman says she is getting rid of this cat and getting a kitten instead.  :Crazy:

He came into the kitchen through the flap again and met Jameson there - they had a quick scruffle. I locked the flap, with J indoors and now this cat is sitting on the other side meowing while J is peering thru the flap at him, hissing and growling at him.

Edited to say: I just spoke to her, and she has no plans to neuter him. (like she promised she would before letting him out)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 17:38:17 PM by jamesonsmum »

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 11:21:42 AM »
This morning I had Jameson purring away with me in bed, when I hear the catflap! Jameson froze and looked anxious and I went to see what it was (I knew it was this cat). There he was, scoffing all of Jamesons food!! There were 2 full bowls as Jameson didn't eat much last night. J hissed at him, and then hid in the bedroom and I put this cat outside and locked the flap. It's starting to become a problem, especially since a few weeks ago I found out that J is being fed by other neighbours, and I'm trying to encourage him to always eat here, but it's a bit hard if another cat scoffs his food! I can't be around 24-7 to prevent it, and our catflap is just a normal one (ie not infrared or magnetic).

So later on today I will speak to this woman - when I mentioned last time that this cat had been starving and I fed him, she got the hump and said ''I fed him before I went out''.

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 22:14:45 PM »
 :'(
i hate people like this, everything is a selfish possession to them!
They don't take anything else into consideration!
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 15:54:42 PM »
its not even an issue of the novelty wearing off is it, it hasn't been long enough, what an odd person

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 20:24:00 PM »
Yes, I'm goin to say something. He was out cos she was away and it poured down with rain all night.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 07:25:34 AM »
You could maybe tell her about the new animal welfare bill regarding duty of care and that if "someone" mentioned it to the RSPCA, she could be facing hefty fines
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »
Maybe you could TRY and have a serious chat with her.  If you are a forthright person then say something along the lines that animals are not disposable commodities and you are considering reporting her to the RSPCA.  Otherwise just a friendly chat about the impact she is having on you and others through her neglectful attitude?  Best of luck it must be very very upsetting for a cat loving person like you to see this going on.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 23:44:46 PM »
Update: this cat is very calm and careful. Him and Jameson have now interracted and although J is curious he growls at him. Cat no 2 has even been inside our flat now while I was clearing away bbq stuff I found him scoff J's food. J won't let him anywhere near him though which I understand - J is a bit confused and I don't want him too freaked out, he started hissing and showing his fangs and that's where I decided to separate them. Cat no 2 is now shut outside our flat as it's not fair on J otherwise, they need further introduction as it seems.
OH is getting attached to this cat and would consider taking him on, although for me it's the principle, I don't want to be the person she dumps her disposable pets on. OH reckons it wouldn't be - and that we must talk to her to make her see the pattern she is creating. It's a hard situ indeed, but I feel relieved the two cats have now met. Neighbour not at home tonight either so I guess this cat sleeps on the fence wall again tonight.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 20:10:47 PM »
I know Dawn.. I wish too.

We're out having another bbq right now, and the poor cat is on his own in the next garden, meowing. I just gave him some of Jamesons wet food and he's scoffing it. I'm going away and back Monday... I want to take action then. It's not fair on the cat - even our guests are getting upset - he is so affectionate and loving - he's been outside all day.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 10:08:31 AM »
this is an impossible position, if the cat goes missing (if you could even get it a rescue place at the moment) she'll get something else - I wish you had to have an intelligence test before getting a pet (or having a baby)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 22:31:23 PM »
I tried to call her but got no answer. OH suggested to leave a bit of dry food out and he sniffed at it for a while and had a few bites. Now he's sitting outside the window meowing. You can tell this cat isn't used to be left outside like that, he's so lcalm and affectionate - when I climb over the fence he'll start rubbing against me for strokes.

I think he'll go missing soon too. It's just impossible for me to know what to do - and also very hard trying to enjoy the barbeque with his meowing in the background, and Jameson getting anxious round my feet.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 22:27:07 PM »
I really don't know what to advise.  First she was going to keep him indoors, then she wasn't going to let him out until he was neutered, now he's ouside unneutered...  >:( >:( >:(  I think this cat needs to go missing very soon....

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 22:13:49 PM »
Gaah. Sorry about me moaning all the time. But we're currently outside (just ran in to post this) in the garden having a bbq, when I hear this cat meowing. He's locked outside again - her house is dark so she's either away or asleep. What would you do? Give him some food? I don't want him to get confused. He doesn't seem to want to go near our garden (prob cos of Jameson). He won't stop meowing!!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 18:41:32 PM »
She's already had 6 in the time I've known her (less than a year). She did say the other day that she soon wants a labrador puppy.

I don't think she plans to microchip this cat either, and he can go missing anytime! Noone would ever know where he came from.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 18:42:49 PM by jamesonsmum »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 18:40:04 PM »
 :) ;)
She might go for a dog after that  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 18:38:48 PM »
That's exactly it. If he goes for a walk, I might follow him..  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 17:52:17 PM »
Cats like that often go for a walk and never come back...

My thoughts exactly.

I don't know why people like that bother with pets.  it's obvious they dont really want them and aren't prepared to care for them properly.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 17:49:44 PM »
Cats like that often go for a walk and never come back...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
from what you've said about past experiences you probably won't get very far but well done for trying

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »
I feel helpless as to what to do, because I've offered to come with her to PDSA to have him done, and OH offered to drive us there. OH is extremely busy and has not got the time for this, but he feels it's neccessary. It seems like she is in no rush though. There's only so much we can do!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »
poor little thing, makes me soooo angry, everything is disposable these days

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »
So... she still hasn't had him neutered and she lets him out everyday. She does what she used to do to Jameson when he lived there and locks him outside when she goes out. Last night I saw him sleeping outside her window for 3+ hours. He was meowing. I just feel sorry for him.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »
When she gets bored or harassed with the baby  whats she going to do? 
The sad thing is, I think she is bored with her new baby... so got a cat. She always seems to need something ''new''. I think she'll sell the cat soon, cos she got him for free.
I saw him yesterday and he is gorgeous - Jameson looked freaked out though. I think they'll be ok. I hate that she's making her own problems MY problems. I mean, I don't have to care, but I do!!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »
Could you report her to the RSPCA?  I don't know if they will be interested but my mum had a woman like that next door to her who was always getting dogs and then having them put to sleep for some pathetic reason and then getting another one.  People like her make me sick.  Could you catnap the cat and get it into rescue?

MBll

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 23:51:23 PM »
This person needs a DAM GOOD  SLAPPING ...no doubt the only thing she will understand.  I would ...if it was me ....take the cat  from her when/if hes found & shes is clearly not capable of looking after any animal.

When she gets bored or harassed with the baby  whats she going to do? 

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 20:52:08 PM »
I'm so angry at her now. She got the cat last night and promised she wouldn't let him out before he was neutered. For Jameson and also for the fact he is unneutered. Just got a message now - 24 hours later- that she let him out because ''he was meowing and getting on her nerves''. She said she put ''butter on his paws'' because apparently that makes a cat find his way back home. WTF??? I said, how do you know that he knows to go back to YOUR place, and not his old home (down the road!!). her answer : ''we'll soon find out LOL''. I mean, that's something you have to do gradually when you get a cat!! How else will they know where they live?? She's just let him out - she has no idea where he is now!!!!!
I asked what about Jameson?? She said they've already met and seemed ok. 

I think she'll be very lucky to have this cat coming back to her house - baring in mind he's confused and meowed all the time and she let him outside. We live near a busy road and unless he is streetwise he might start crossing it or get lost completely. I'm so angry.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 20:53:37 PM by jamesonsmum »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 18:57:06 PM »
How sad if the cat went missing when it starts going outside.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 15:40:22 PM »
He is 3 years old. Jameson is 2. He has had outdoor access in his previous home. He sounds like a lovely cat and is apparently very affectionate. I just know that in a few months time he'll be on ''that site'' for sale.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 15:38:36 PM »
How old is the cat she's picking up, and has he had outside access previously whilst un-neutered?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 15:34:29 PM »
My main worry is how he will get on with Jameson. I offered to come with her to the vets when she's having him neutered just to make sure it's happening. Jameson is quite a dominant cat and has been ruling the neighbourhood for a while so I'm obviously worried that he will feel threatened by the new male. Having said that I'm sure after a while they'll get used to each other.
She is getting the new cat for free, and said ''first I thought should I sell him on and make a bit of money, but then I decided to keep him''. I am biting my lips not to freak out, it's so tricky as - like I said - she is a nice person that means well. And when I say/suggest things like ''it's not fair on the cat/dog'' or try to encourage her that she's better off without pets etc she'll agree! But the next day she's changed her mind.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 14:14:29 PM »
Wow, she needs to be banned from having animals .. treating them as disposable items. I've never understood how people could do that. I'm so sorry you have to live by someone like that  :hug:

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 14:04:30 PM »
That dosent sound too good, i really cant understand why people do things like this :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
A cat is a free spirit who will come to you for affection, but only on her terms. The quicker a devoted owner understands this the faster harmony will resume.

Link to CatChat