Author Topic: So sick of cattified things  (Read 6305 times)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: So sick of cattified things
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 21:18:12 PM »
On moving we found 8 large boxes of cat ornaments that go in our unit in the lounge - took me 5 days to unpack them and then to try and fit them all back in said unit!

We have teh tesco Chester teh cat in Black and white on the back of the 2 seater couch as Rogue one of iour feals adores it and gets upset when I wash it - also have Chester in all other colours but its the black and white one he loves best, Clio another feral has a big stuffed dog on top of Sky's crate and she sleeps with him every night!

Cat pictures, oh and radiator beds in most rooms, scratching posts in every room, cat towers, and cat toys in most rooms, in fact our house is paid for by us but run by Sweetie and the Clan cats and dogs and we will never forget that we work to serve and pander to their every whim! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 20:26:57 PM »
It is SR. And I'll readily admit I'm obsessed. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 19:42:10 PM »
My friends know I love my cat and probably talk about him a bit too much but I think its a bit obsessive when people start wearing cat this cat that etc etc!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 19:25:04 PM »
i have big  cat mugs from primark  perfect for a big mouth  :innocent:

Is it the "I love cats" mug? I got bought that by my Mum as a stocking filler at Christmas - it's ace!

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 19:09:39 PM »
i have big  cat mugs from primark  perfect for a big mouth  :innocent:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 18:29:57 PM »
I don't think I have any mugs without cats on!  ;D

Gosh I forgot I am guilty of that too!  :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 18:22:14 PM »
I will bid for Smokey  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 18:20:12 PM »
I don't think I have any mugs without cats on!  ;D

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 18:02:37 PM »
I get a few cat gifts, and especially cards and calendars.  Oh, and mugs.  But I don't mind - my real name is actually 'Cat' (Short for Catherine) so it's personal as well :) My fave cat mug is the one I use at work, which has my name on it!  ;D  I do get quite a few big cat things too, cause my friends know that I adore all felines  :Luv2:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 15:32:46 PM »
I have a lot of catty things ( mainly cat scratchers and cat beds  :rofl: :rofl: )  also a fair few tasteful ornaments -mainly the Erin House Linda Jane Smith ones -all in a glass bookcase -out the way of the cats - loads of cat books too !

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »
I looked around the living room the other day and although thankfully OH hates clutter I noticed two smallish Rosina Wachtmeister(sp) pictures, one little picture going up the stairs of a kitten poking his nose over a wall, four cat ornaments (including one bagpuss) on the fireplace that I've been bought over the years and a cat windchime I bought from Brighton.

Coupled with the copy of the CP magazine, two scratching posts, a radiator bed and two rather large cats I think it might be time to refresh!

I'll put Smokey on eBay later....  :evillaugh:

Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
Okay must admit I love cat things (again tasteful, I hate those 'cat bum' tea towel holders  :Nooooo:)

Just thinking... we have cat mugs, cat coasters, placemats, tea towels, I have slippers, a cat cushion (its really cool though), cat calendar, cat salt and pepper shakers, I have a cat bag, necklace, neck scarf  :evillaugh: Alot of stuff I get as presents as I think people know if all else fails I will probably like something with a cat on! I like getting cat Cards too, makes me keep them rather than recycle  :Luv:

Even at my desk here I have cat magnets, Calendar, mouse mat (Purrs one with Lucas on  :Luv: ) cat mugs (2 of them!  :rofl: ) cat soft toy pinned to my display board both my work and home diaries have cats on (CP one and purrs one)...
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 23:18:33 PM »
I think the problem is that when people don't know what to buy you, they end up thinking that anything will do if it has a cat on it  ;D So you end up with stuff you'd never buy for yourself, and which the giver would probably never buy for you, if it wasn't for the cat connection.  And that does get tedious after a while!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 22:15:25 PM »
Have to admit I keep getting cat things as gifts. And I don't mind if they are funky. Like a really well made blown glass cat that is playing a trombone or something silly. I got a couple cute cat mugs I don't mind them but I don't go out of myway to buy them for myself. I do love cards with cute kittens on them though.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 22:14:22 PM »
I have had to request people stop buying me cat keyrings - I wont be able to start the car if they buy me any more!! I rarely buy myself anything cattified, yet doesn't stop people - although I did buy my cat slippers (they are tasteful though, and I needed new slippers), and the cat necklace and earrings (although there was a sentimental reason behind that).
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 20:17:31 PM »
this definately sounds like an auction thread lol.

i love catty things  ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 20:11:37 PM »
What is your tabby pussy called?  His neck looks unusual and the legs, oh dear have you been feeding him the wrong vitamin pills?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 20:07:23 PM »
I've never been into 'catty' things (apart from the real things of course  :)). 

I take it back, I have one 'cat' ornament that I love - here he is a few weeks ago...

Look what Lucas did to him just yesterday  >:( I couldn't stop singing 'Lucas killed the cat' to the tune of 'Elvis isn't dead'  :evillaugh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 18:55:51 PM »
I dislike all ornaments with a passion and prefer plain tea towels and the like, so I can understand your rebellion, Teresa.

Happy Birthday Susanne, you dark horse!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 18:46:14 PM »
 :shify: :shify: :shify:  :birthday 1: Happy Birthday Susanne....yes very quiet!  :shoosh: :nerner:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 18:36:10 PM »
Susanne, that nearly slipped under the radar. ;) Happy Birthday. :)

I have lots of catty things, the majority of which it has to be said were bought for me by other people. Some I like, some I just put up with because they're presents.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 18:19:55 PM »
I'm not sick of cattified things, but tbh I don't get much of that kind of stuff.  I do tend to get birthday cards with cats on them, but I don't mind that cos I'd rather have that than most things they put on birthday cards!  I don't get a lot of nick nacks and ornament type things as I tend to tell people I don't want stuff like that - I simply don't have room for much of that kind of stuff so I'd rather buy the odd cat ornament myself if I like it.  I did get some tea towels with cats on them for my birthday today, but I think they're nice  ;D 

Happy birthday!  :birthday:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 18:09:31 PM »
Sounds like you may have many joblots for this years auction T!  :evillaugh:

I have a few cat things but my real buzz is buying things for the cats!  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 18:03:54 PM »
We have two cat ornaments but they are very tasteful. One Suzie Marsh http://www.suziemarshsculpture.co.uk/smallresin.html
and one Royal Dux black cat  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 18:01:40 PM »
Oh dear, I'm afraid I love "catty" things!!!! :-[ :-[
They do have to be good quality though, not tacky tat.

Me too!  ;D  - I agree about the tacky tat thing though - gotta be tasteful LOL!  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 17:55:01 PM »
I'm not sick of cattified things, but tbh I don't get much of that kind of stuff.  I do tend to get birthday cards with cats on them, but I don't mind that cos I'd rather have that than most things they put on birthday cards!  I don't get a lot of nick nacks and ornament type things as I tend to tell people I don't want stuff like that - I simply don't have room for much of that kind of stuff so I'd rather buy the odd cat ornament myself if I like it.  I did get some tea towels with cats on them for my birthday today, but I think they're nice  ;D 

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 17:34:08 PM »
Oh dear, I'm afraid I love "catty" things!!!! :-[ :-[
They do have to be good quality though, not tacky tat.
I did have a birthday card once with pigs on it as a friend thought it would make a nice change :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 17:32:30 PM »
have to say I OD'd on catty stuff a long time ago as my mother used to purchase the worst of the worst taste stuff. I do have a few cat ornaments, but only ones that have some artistic merit. As for cat clothing - never something I considered owning ... I do, however receive the odd gift or card with feline references but as they usually come from friends who know my taste they are either something I would want or in such extreme bad taste they are funny. I am strangely tempted by the mad cat woman figurine that puts in an appearance around here from time to time, but as I have nowhere to display ornaments and mine are all still packed, there seems little point in acquiring her .....

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 17:26:21 PM »
I do tend to go for "catty stuff" if I saw something I like but I am pretty fussy though, many of them just don't look good, sort of silly or just not presented to my taste.  So the stuff I do have are something I really like, so keepers.  Since I got Oliver I am getting worse though, I made a special Ollie wallpaper and screen saver, pics of him on the fridge although the real thing is always within my reach :innocent:  I am now working on a foodie site and pondering the idea of whether I should use a pic of Oliver licking his chops, perhaps with a chef hat photoshopped on his head as a mascot... :shy:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 17:26:42 PM by dolcetta46 »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 17:19:21 PM »
Same here lol!  I do have mugs and coasters at home with cats, but that's about it to be honest.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 17:17:05 PM »
I've never been into 'catty' things (apart from the real things of course  :)).  That doesn't stop EVERY single birthday card having a cat on and people buying me things with cats on.  I'm quite up front so I do tell them that although I love the boys that doesn't mean I need a pic of a cat on everything that doesn't move  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 17:15:00 PM »
There's no escape T - people will still send you cards with cats on and "catty" thank yous  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
So sick of cattified things
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 17:11:54 PM »
After years of everything being catty I have suddenly decided I`ve had enough, T shirts, Jumpers,socks,jacket, T towels, ornaments, place matts, coasters, mugs,ornamental cat plates,cat worktop savers .At one time I loved all this now I have decided its all got to go out of my life. Has any one else hoarded lots of cat things and suddenly began to hate them? or is it just me.
Still love the real cats though, so they are staying :)

Link to CatChat