Author Topic: Concern for Cringle  (Read 17407 times)

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Concern for Cringle
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 13:30:24 PM »
Oh poor little babe.  I hope Cringle finds the strength to pull through. Has he got the chest drains fitted or is he too weak for this at the moment?

Everything crossed for him and all prayers going his way.

Lots of love to him

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
Vet has just phoned Cringle is negative Felv/Fiv, because of normal protein levels he feels we do not need to worry about Fip at this stage. The bloodwork shows that Cringle is in kidney failure and he is to go on a drip which vet has warned me is dangerous and will need to be closely monitored because of the risk of increased fluid on his lungs, he now thinks  the kidney problem  along with heart lung problem which has caused circulation problems is probably the cause of all the pelvic pain.
So Cringle is to remain hospitalised and Patrick said a cautious outlook but we keep trying.  

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
Fingers crossed for Cringle.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »
Positive vibes and healing thoughts being sent to Cringle. I hope theres some good news today
love
Tab

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »
Keeping everything crossed for some positive news  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »
Still sending postive thoughts to you both.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »
Sending positive vibes to you and Cringle, Teresa.......xxx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
Have spoken to Patrick this morning, Cringle has shown no sign of improvement overnight. By consolidation Patrick meant the xray is showing a dense scarred area of the lung which should have been clear. He has taken bloods and says he will let me know as soon as he knows more.
Roz sorry about Dubes I know what you mean about the shock of it all thats how I`ve been over Cringle the pictures I posted of him looking wonderful were only taken 24 hours before this started.
Don`t be upset over Growee , he was loved and well cared for and got an extra 11 months of life bless him.
Will post when I get any updates.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »
Fingers crossed something more positive will happen today X

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
Fingers crossed for today Teresa.  My thoughts are with you and Cringle x

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
All the best for you and Cringle today Teresa. Thinking of you xxxxx

Roz so sorry to hear about what happened to Dubes  :(
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »
Will be thinking of you both today Teresa and hope the vet makes more sense today.

Sorry to hear about Dubes Roz, As Helen says, you did everythign you could for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2007, 07:45:59 AM »
Roz, am so sorry to read about poor Dubes.  That was so awful for you both.   

And Teresa, am still keeping everything crossed for Cringle, lovely big boy that he is.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007, 00:48:20 AM »
Teresa

Thinking of you both, really hope that Cringle  will be OK.  He obviously sought you out because he knew that you were an angel who would do the best for him.

Roz

Sorry to hear about poor Dubes, you did everything you possibly could, always remember that xx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 20:34:45 PM »
Hi Teresa,

My little Dubes died from an abscess on her lung that was not diagnosed by the vets just before Jet became so ill in April 05.   Dubes was the little rescue bengal that I rehomed within two weeks of losing Ruby, my first bengal killed in RTA.

I had been taking Dubes to the vet since she became a little 'off colour' the day before Crufts started that year so that was on Wednesday and she was given an injection but no tablets.  She was still not her old self by Saturday so I took her in to the main hospital for an examination that afternoon.  The vet said her temperature was a little high so she gave her an anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic injection and told me to bring her back on Monday for another injection. By the time I arrived home my little angel was covered in blood.  The injection had burst a blood vessel and it had gone everywhere.  I rang the surgery and they told me not to worry and to just bathe her with a saline solution.  I was not worried at this point but I did notice that the blood on one side of her was a little 'stringy' but thought this might be plasma or something and didn't think any more of it.  It rinsed away cleanly enough.

On Monday I took her to the vet in the evening for two more injections and the Senior vet examined her and said that her temperature had come down, although he did remark on her breathing (I had mentioned this too...it was shallow and faster than normal) but didn't suggest keeping her in or anything.  We made an appointment for two more injections the following day.  

By midnight she was hyperventilating and I rushed her to the emergency hospital where she died four hours later after being given anaesthetic and goodness knows what else by an inexperienced vet.  I know this from the bill breakdown. She was far too sick to have been given anaesthetic.

The Xrays showed that she had what they think was almost certainly an abscess on her lung which had burst causing her to die from pneumonia.  All this happened within five days of her becoming sick.  She had been fine until then.

I now realise that the 'stringy' mix of blood I had found on Saturday was most likely the anti-biotic which she obviously did not absorb.  She would have needed this antibiotic desperately if she had an abscess but as it turned out she did not have any further medication until Monday evening (the day between being Sunday) and by that time it was too late.

Sorry for the long post Teresa but all this sounds familiar to me.  

I was in shock after losing my beloved Dubes so suddenly...and I really feel that the vets failed her.  But I mustn't dwell on that thought because it won't bring her back and I know they can't perform miracles but......well, I'm still very upset about it all.

Jet became ill two weeks later with his first bout of FLUTD, which I guess helped to focus my attention on him instead of dwelling on the loss of my dear little Dubes, but if Cringle has got an abscess on his lung, time is of the essence....

I pray that the little guy can come through this

I am also very upset to read of the sad loss of Growee.  I know last year you wrote that you thought he would not see another Christmas but the little love nearly did it didn't he...bless him. R.I.P Growee darling...and watch over your mum and Cringle.

Lots of love and prayers for you and Cringle, Teresa

Roz

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 19:58:07 PM »
Big hugs Teresa,  I hope and pray your gorgeous Cringle will be ok  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 19:39:50 PM »
Big hugs to you and best wishes for Cringle xxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 19:30:12 PM »
I'm thinking constantly of you and Cringle, Teresa, and I know dozens of others are doing exactly the same.  Keep strong, for him.

xC

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 17:52:26 PM »
im at a loss to suggest anything, not that it helps cringle even if i could but what ever it is isnt straightforward thats for sure.

even i feel frustrated not being able to do anything or come up with a brain wave

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 16:53:44 PM »
Lynne
When he said there was some consolidation in lung I took it to be some form of mass he did say something about possible abcess, he is in agony when you touch his left side in pelvic region and I think that is maybe why he is concerned about spine, think I had got myself in too much of a state to take it in properly. He is such a beautiful wonderful boy and its not fair, I know I feel useless at present and just cant face losing another so soon after Cleo and Growee ,will have to pull myself together and go in and talk to vet tomorrow.
They are all little fosters but you still love and treasure them as much as your own. Sorry its not like me to blubber like this but Growee died of mouth cancer at end of November and Growee was a giant of a black boy,when Cringle was brought to me on Christmas Eve a giant of a white boy it was love at first sight and I thought all my Christmasses had come at once.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 16:37:16 PM »
Wishin and hopin for Cringle I don hope he will be Ok

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 16:25:41 PM »
Well, we can only wait and hope. We know that Cringle is in good hands... Thinking of you too, Teresa.

xC

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 16:22:20 PM »
Hi Teresa

Can't give you any advice but can send all our prayers and love to you and Cringle  :hug:

He is in the best place and has a wonderful Auntie like you to look after him xxx not to mention all the postive vibes and love from everyone on Purrs xxxxxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 16:17:41 PM »
um dont know whether to be relieved or not then  ???

i dont know what consolidated lungs mean

did he say why he thinks his spine me be a problem ??

has he ruled out as far as they can in normal vet clinic heart probs and tumours then ?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 16:08:52 PM »
Patrick has just phoned and I am more worried and confused than I was before.
Xrays havent shown injury to diaphagm or pelvic area, Patrick says there is some form of reaction going on in Cringles lung and it is consolidated . He is keeping him in so that he can keep draining the lung and says he is very concerned that there may be spinal damage which hasnt shown up on xray, said he may need to refer him for an MRI scan but will probably see what happens over the next day or two first.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 14:57:35 PM »
yes we are

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 13:36:17 PM »
think we're all kind of waiting on tender hooks with you teresa.

XXX

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 13:32:46 PM »
Still no news, will post as soon as I hear something, going back down to cuddle Minimopsical now she`s a big comfort at times like this

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »
have the vets been in touch yet teresa.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »
Standing by for news with fingers crossed, Teresa...

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »
thinking of cringle this morning teresa, got my fingers crossed for the poor lad...did he get any more settled last night ?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »
Thanks All, Have left the poor boy at the vets for xrays so its now a case of waiting by the phone and praying that  something can be done to help him.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 10:27:42 AM »
Only just catching up with posts this morning - poor Cringle, I hope the vet visit goes well today and they can get this little one back on the road to recovery.

Sending lots of positive vibes across, and Max sends some healing furry headbutts too  :lick:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:41 AM »
Sending Cringle lots of love and positive vibes for the vet visit this morning xxx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 07:30:47 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes Cringle's way this morning.  Got everything crossed for the lad.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 20:32:46 PM »
Just read this Teresa.  Thinking of you and Cringle and hope tomorrow's visit to the vet goes well.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 20:25:15 PM »
Aww, I do hope that tomorrow is a more promising vet visit for him, and they can get him on the mend.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 20:03:12 PM »
Oh Teresa  :hug: poor Cringle

I hope and pray that he will get through this xx

Sending him lots of love and positive vibes and hugs to you xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 19:22:16 PM »
Lynne his claws arent splayed but he does seem to have a left sided pelvic injury, his movements were normal no limping etc when vet examined his rear quarters yesterday he turned nasty, today he turned into a raging monster so he obviously has an injury which doesnt seem to bother him unless tampered with, I felt so guilty that I had missed something but vet said no telling how long hes been like this and until now no way of knowing.
Roz hes in the kitchen so he is in the warm and he is on his own so nice and quiet and his temperature is normal even though I thought he felt cold. I too was worried about shock but vet says no.
Will be relieved tomorrow when xrays are done and I know what exactly we are dealing with.
 :thanks: all for your good wishes our Cringle will get the best no matter what, he deserves it.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 18:50:35 PM »
I hope he will be OK...

xC

Link to CatChat