Author Topic: Yahoo questions - I knew I shouldn't have looked  (Read 11098 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Yahoo questions - I knew I shouldn't have looked
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 15:49:07 PM »
Blatant Alice plug I see!  :evillaugh:

More we want more!!  :Luv2: Have you been dispensing the cuddles I've been sending? I think she needs them.  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 15:37:05 PM »
Exactly  :-:

It may seem harsh but it's a fact.

I think it's more than coincidence that a lot of strays that are brought in to rescues have health problems. You can't help wondering if they were dumped because they are sick (just when they need us the most) - My Alice was obviously a lap cat at one time  but was found with a  huge tumour in her face (luckily now treated and not malignant  :) )

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 15:45:22 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 15:34:40 PM »
If people can't afford a vet then maybe they can't afford to keep pets - seems quite straight forwards to me but then we're all bonkers about our kitties on here.  Seems strange that people can keep cats and not be bothered treating them when they're ill.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 15:17:56 PM »
Yep. It's hard not to go back and then you do want to help, but it's hard work  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 15:15:46 PM »
Not for animal care advice  :evillaugh:

I chanced on it and it is quite addictive - Also makes me feel I have to try to knock some kind of sense into some of them.

The only question I ever posted was "Why do so many people post questions when the obvious answer is speak to a Vet immediately?"

I was shot down in flames for that.

I added that a phone call for advice is free as so many people answered that "not everyone can afford vets"  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tpepaul

• Adult Cat
    • The Pet Extraordinarium
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 15:10:44 PM »
So...um...excuse the obvious question, but...um....why do you go on there?  :-:
:boxer:   www.thepetextraordinarium.co.uk FOR COOL, FUNKY, GOOD QUALITY CAT ACCESSORIES
10% of every order donated to cat rescues if you click on the link at the bottom of the page!!
The Extraordinary Pet Blog - http://thepetextraordinarium.blogspot.com

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 15:08:14 PM »
True,

This is the tip of the iceberg. Other gems include things like "my cat hasn't eaten for 3 days and hasn't left her basket and is shaking - what shall I do?"  >:(

To make matters worse, a question like that may be answered by someone equally stupid with an answer like "maybe kitty would drink some milk if you warmed it up"   >:(

Some real cretins on there.

Offline tpepaul

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 15:07:31 PM »
Ah, I see.

Although I'd have thought "Maybe its rabbies" is a perfectly legitimate, constructive and sensible suggestion...  :see:
:boxer:   www.thepetextraordinarium.co.uk FOR COOL, FUNKY, GOOD QUALITY CAT ACCESSORIES
10% of every order donated to cat rescues if you click on the link at the bottom of the page!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 14:57:54 PM »
I think Paul, the key here, is that a few of us are members on yahoo, and we seem to all get frustrated with the stupidity of some of the posts and answers. I just avoid going on there because I start to despair. It is I must say a badge of honour to get a violation warning because someone doesn't like the response they get from some of us.  :naughty:

Offline tpepaul

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 14:54:58 PM »
That's fair enough, but ignore her opinions on vets, mate.

My initial reaction was that cats who chunder foam have an empty stomach. I'd imagine there could be a multitude of reasons for that, from eating something dodgy that they're trying desperately to get rid of to sickness. Only the vet's going to know really, so if it continues....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 14:25:18 PM »
But she says she never takes the cat to the vet. That kind of "person" won't see sense.

Offline tpepaul

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 14:07:02 PM »
I'm no expert (obviously) but I thought, as one person replied, that the foamy stuff is a sign that the cat is still  :sick: even though there's nothing left to throw up. It means that the cat is either very ill, or has eaten something that it's trying to get rid of or whatever, doesn't it??

Jake did it for a day or so recently - turned out that the trouble was relieved via the other end when he deposited an elastic band...  :doh:

I'd have thought if it goes on for more than a day or two to call the vet...

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 13:35:08 PM »
You know you shouldnt look!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Yahoo questions - I knew I shouldn't have looked
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 13:31:10 PM »
New question.

My cat usually throws up a lot (she's quite old), but normally it's just food. This time, though, it was just white liquid stuff, with bubbles in it. Is this something I should be worried about? I don't take her to the vet because she was an outside cat for most of her life, but now all she does is sleep on my bed or look out the window. Thoughts?

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArPgju96ZqxS.U8cj8wPcj8yLxV.;_ylv=3?qid=20080319061725AA5RFQb

So far, one sensible answer out of 3  >:(

One Answer "My cat used to do that and then he got hit by a car"
Another "Maybe it's Rabbies" (sic)

I despair  :(

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 13:33:12 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat