Author Topic: Yahoo questions - I knew I shouldn't have looked  (Read 11105 times)

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
Re: Yahoo questions - I knew I shouldn't have looked
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 13:57:55 PM »
I think the 'keeping the fur' thing has come about because it was in the news last week that a married couple had kept the hair from two of their dogs (deceased) and had it spun into jumpers for them. I have to admit that the pics were a little odd . . . . but then at the same time, when I groom my 3 persians every evening, I do think that someone, somewhere, might find a use for the floof that I collect. At the moment, it goes into the wormery / compost heap. My daughter has suggested that we keep the floof from Alfie and Wilf and that I knit my OH a wig!  :rofl: I have to point out at this stage that my OH is thin on top and has (had!) red hair . . . the same colour hair, in fact, as Alfie & Wilf  . . ..  :rofl:

Any one out there fancy knitting a pure persian hair jumper? There are plenty of us here who have persians . . . . .  ;D

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 13:21:42 PM »
oh and wants to eat them :sick:  I don't think this person is serious,can't be
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008, 13:19:10 PM »
oh we always keep some of our dogs fur too but I think this person wanted all the fur :sick:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 13:10:38 PM »
Depends what they want to use the fur for - when my mum's dog was pts last weekend, I kept some of the fur for her, and she laminated it with a pic of her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2008, 13:09:04 PM »
Theres a topic on there today about somebody who wants to use their cats fur after they die,are these people sick or what? >:(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
 :rofl:

Another one today - My cat is 16 he has suddenly stopped eating, drikin alot, meowing (howlin) alot and cant move back legs?
he wont stop meowing like he is in pain, he drinks loads but does not eat anything, his back legs really dont work he walks like john wayne and cant jump anymore...he misses the litter trey and just goes everywhere even in my bedroom. What is wrong with him?

>:( >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 19:02:34 PM »
Although it's not a funny subject, it did rather tickle me  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 18:37:42 PM »
goodness (fanning self with shock)! Not even I am that forthright!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 13:59:53 PM »
See your point - redneck parents  :(

I just saw another one - It  was one I answered regarding 5 cats not using the 2 trays they have. They are related cats. I am usually quite straightforward but my answer was one tray per cat + 1 etc. Another person answered (Maybe Michelle?  :evillaugh: - I know you wouldn't be quite this aggressive really Michelle  :evillaugh: )

What an idiot you are!!!!!! you have FIVE cats and NONE of them are fixed!... you ARE by far one of the stupidest people i've EVER seen on this site!... Mothers and sons, and sisters and brothers CAN mate with each other!.. If you don't have the money to even take proper care of them, FIND NEW HOMES FOR THEM!... you are an idiot! It's people YOUUUU who overflow the shelters with sick dying kittens and cats!... I hope those cats destroy your house. They're probably trying to tell you something... like MAYBE to get them fixed!... If you let mothers and sons have kittens, its called INBRED, and those kittens that they have will be sickly, and unhealthy. What an awful cat owner you are!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 14:00:38 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 13:50:32 PM »
But my parents say we don't have enough money to pay for a vet to take tests

would have been wasted Mark as it sounds as though she is the juvenille in the house and not a responsible adult so therefore unable to do anything unless her parents give permission or provide the money.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 13:46:50 PM »
I haven't looked for a couple of days but saw this closed answer so unfortunately, I can't give them my 2p worth  >:(

My 15 year old kitty is sick, she doesn't want to eat and is just not acting well.?
She used to be fine, now she won't eat and will rarely drink, she has lost her balance and has trouble jumping up onto beds on other cozy spots. But my parents say we don't have enough money to pay for a vet to take tests. What should I do?

She chose the best answer from someone who misguidedly suggested keeping the cat warm & cosy etc. Obviously the Vet answers were ignored  >:(

My answer would have been "Why did you get a cat in the first place if you can't take care if it properly? - your cat needs to see a vet now! - beg, steal or borrow - your cat deserves better than you"

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2008, 23:29:23 PM »
I am the queen of the violasions - think i have stacked up about 10 now  :rofl: In the beginning i did appeal against them and always has them removed and my points returned but now i cant be arsed to argue anymore
BUT i also have 33 "best answers" :wish:

ccmacey

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 21:39:09 PM »
I agree, why have a cat if you do not understand them? Cats will scratch its a nature thing for them. If you love your possesions too much dont get a cat.

Why do some humans think cats can be tendered to their wants and ways?

We do not ever own them, just cohabit.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2008, 10:25:19 AM »
i have precious little time on the PC, and would rather spend it trying to find homes for our cats than get frustrated on there.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
It's easy enough to get a yahoo account  ;) :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 23:39:29 PM »
Sadly I dont have a yahoo account, or I would happily tell the person there is no difference about Blackie, who sadly did develop mammary cancer purely cos she had been unspayed.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »
well, they now have my opinion too. but frankly the asker is a winder-upper, and has no interest in getting an answer, rather in stimulating a debate because he clearly has no life  >:(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »
I get so tired of the "why is neutering different to declawing" argument

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080322013553AAqivM6&r=w#RINaJHPtCHTkIWt8KZ9o

ccmacey

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 23:34:15 PM »
My mail to Mr declaw, he can stick it up his rrrs for all I care

I agree everybody has their own opinions and their own decision to make about this but I dont believe you should be telling people that they should have their cats declawed, there's nothing wrong with it.

Could you imagine having your first knuckle cut off? Yes it would heal over time but why go through horrendous pain if you dont have to, if it's not life saving?

Our pets are our family not possesions, they have life, love and kindness, more than I can say for most human beings. What gives anyone the right to decide for them, they should be allowed to live how they are, as God intended.

What if they do scratch the sofa, would it be the end of the world?

When will us fickle humans realise  we love the things that will never love us back.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 20:48:42 PM »
What horrors are these?  I think I don't want to look.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 08:10:25 AM »
Mark, go check out my comment lol

;D

Maybe between us we can knock some sense into a few of them  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 07:53:50 AM »
I went on and ranted before I saw your comments Dawn - It's so frustrating as "people" who make comments like that need a good kicking  >:(

When I was searching for links, I saw the one with the ginger cat with bandaged paws and you can read the agony on his little face  :'( - and some of these stupid americans make out it's like having a manicure  >:( - they make me sick, they are so stupid  >:(

Look at this poor cat  :'( http://community-2.webtv.net/zuzu22/STOPDECLAWCOM/

There is  a pro-declawing site now  >:( http://www.geocities.com/declawing/
With comments like "Many times it is a requirement, such as some apartments or family health issues, and some times is just convenience, living in a small apartment and space can't be wasted on a big scratching post that might or might not work at keeping your kitty away from the furniture."  >:( :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:57:30 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 00:18:27 AM »
I wish I hadn't browsed on there  >:(  Thread on there about neutering http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As7QyNS1aSOxK4SraX2cZ9YyLxV.;_ylv=3?qid=20080319170053AAZoddX

"you should get a pet fixed when its a baby, because it doesnt hurt them as bad. same with being declawed."

When will people learn  :censored:

ccmacey

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 00:09:36 AM »
Mark, go check out my comment lol

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 23:38:25 PM »
Sorry to state the obvious here but:  cat ill=cat vet immediately just like you would do for a human.  We sign life responsibilitycontracts by having pets.  How   :censored: ignorant can people get?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 23:18:23 PM »
We can only try  :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 22:23:14 PM »
Thats it Mark Im sick of you posting these, and being too tired to sign up

But now I have, they will be in for a shock  :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 22:18:54 PM »
Wow she is an.... experience  :Crazy:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 21:52:19 PM »
That makes sense although it said they had chosen it. Annoyingly it was the "trailer trash" woman called Tammy and I would have chosen yours.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnOQw.BaVJ.hpkv5rAqshEMgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20080214013541AARH6tE

Edit - you are right - It says "chosen by voters"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 21:55:08 PM by Mark »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 21:50:39 PM »
Is that if no other users choose a best answer?  Maybe when they say that 'yahoo answers' has chosen a best answer, they mean that a best answer has been chosen for you by other members?  You can vote for best answer in the unresolved answers but, but I imagine there are often questions that have no chosen answer - maybe that's when yahoo chooses an answer for you.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 21:41:41 PM »
It is chosen automatically if the asker doesn't choose a best answer before the question is closed. I didn't choose a best answer to my question and about 4 days later, I got an email saying Yahoo answers had chosen a best answer and "we hope you will agree with our choice" I had no choice as I couldn't amend it as they had closed the question. - I think the system just picks a random answer or more likely, the one with the most text.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 21:42:20 PM by Mark »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 20:08:16 PM »
a 'best answer' is never bestowed automatically. UNfortunately if the question was still a 'live' question and some dumb answer was chosen, it is because the person asking the question thought it best fitted their viewpoint. Sadly if it was a dumb answer, than the owner was dumb too. You can choose a best answer if the question has timed out and the asker has not selected a best answer. I know this because i have received a number of 'best answers' chosen by other people than the asker.

I think it is worth the effort to go on their and answer the questions seriously, without being abusive, simply because there are some (admittedly not many) people there who genuinely want to know ....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 17:41:20 PM »
You can vote for the best answer on other people's questions if they haven't chosen one.  I sometimes go through unresolved questions and choose an answer I think is best.  I only bother doing that because sometimes if you google a subject a yahoo question will come up - and the best answer is the first answer anyone stumbling upon it will see so I like to make sure it's a decent answer  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 17:24:55 PM »
You can only choose the best answer if you have asked the question.

You can rate other peoples  answers with a thumbs up or down though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 17:25:35 PM by Mark »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 16:32:12 PM »

Mark - if i'd known about the thread you made I would be right there to rant  :evillaugh:

The annoying thing is, because I didn't choose a best answer in time, one was chosen autmatically which was a really horrible one  >:(

Can you choose a best answer yourself then? I answered one about cat peeing on bath mat, but someone had already answered 'rub its ..... in it - the thing is they'd actually missed out the word (I'm presuming 'nose' 'face' something like that) so wasnt even a proper sentence!

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 16:27:39 PM »
I'd agree that if people can't afford vet treatment and/or insurance, they shouldn't have the responsibility of pets. I'd rather deprive myself of something to make sure my pets weren't in pain and ill than waste time trying to find a cure for free when its clear that they need ventrinary attention.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 16:08:31 PM »
Hope you gave all those silly people a warning on your thread  :sneaky:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 15:57:01 PM »

Mark - if i'd known about the thread you made I would be right there to rant  :evillaugh:

The annoying thing is, because I didn't choose a best answer in time, one was chosen autmatically which was a really horrible one  >:(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 15:54:27 PM »

"not everyone can afford vets"  >:(

That makes me so angry  >:( Some of us are always skint but make provisions such as insurance and if the worst came to it would just get a credit card to pay for the treatment.

I agree that if you can't make provisions don't get an animal  >:(

Mark - if i'd known about the thread you made I would be right there to rant  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 15:53:40 PM »
I am going up there now for her daily cuddle - I should be cleaning - no wonder OH wonders what I do all day  :evillaugh:

Yes it was a bit obvious but I can't help it - no new ones. The bottom ones is just after her op in December when her face was still sore   :Luv2:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 15:54:57 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat