Author Topic: Your thoughts please  (Read 7468 times)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Re: Your thoughts please
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 21:00:56 PM »
I will get my super laser killer sword out  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Dave would the kitty mind if you sit Gilly next to her?  :evillaugh:  ;)
So long as Sonia can drive!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 20:35:33 PM »
That wus me,,,,,,,the sneakiefeline,,,,,,,,,,,,see  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 18:23:58 PM »

Dave would the kitty mind if you sit Gilly next to her?  :evillaugh:  ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 18:17:31 PM »
Oh Dave thats just wondereful  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 18:16:32 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 17:11:21 PM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 15:02:58 PM »
Oh noooooooo we not having any Purrs Wars  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2007, 14:26:18 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2007, 13:55:34 PM »
Methinks this could be the start of Purr Wars ha ha :evillaugh:
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2007, 07:47:47 AM »
CC, to answer your question - I do foster for a cat charity, we are registered and have a HQ, we do raise the bulk of the running costs ourselves, although we do get occasional cheques from HQ, and we do get perks the one woman bands don't, like Gift Aid and a few more people (there are 3 of us that look after cats, plus an accountant and a few people we can rely on for fundraisers). However, this year has been poor for fundraising due to the weather, and we have nothing lined up now until the Spring, unless something comes up.
I think Roz's idea is a good one, however I have already allocated my Christmas card money to go to a rescue up the road from me and dont have anything else spare.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:49:12 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2007, 01:16:42 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmm Janes, I see  :rofl: :rofl:

Well oh Queakie one, you know who I used to work for, dont you  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I am gonna toddle off to bed in minute and still havent found the thread I was searching for, I am shattered.

I need to start seriously thinking about Christmas, havent even thought about cards or anything.............sigh

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 01:12:46 AM »
Aha I get it!  Diversionary tactics thought up by you and Sneakie. 

Well, I retiring now to think up my strategy.  You may bounce as many snowballs on the edge of the battlefield as you like but they will all be smashed to pieces heh heh.

Gotta go now and get out my Janes military manuals.  I may be some time.....................

Yours

Queaks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:14:30 AM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2007, 01:02:17 AM »
A Cat Show is not ruled out but if we were to do it , it would have to be less work, cos it took 4 of us weeks to get the last one running! Also intersted on thoughts on cat shows, cos Tan feels that people do not like having thir cats judged, like in best grey Blue cat or tabby etc and that if we did one, it would need to be maybe more fun oriented?

So please let me know................one thing for sure is that their would much much fewer categories  :rofl: :rofl:

It was me lol. Well obviously I don't mind my cats being judged so doesn't bother me but I guess that some people might not like it but if they don't like it then they don't have to enter!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 00:59:11 AM »
Nothing wrong with dancing snowballs. I'm soooo excited it's nearly Christmas and I want a cat show in 2008 lol.

P.S: Can I bounce on the edge of the battlefield please?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 00:57:43 AM »
Did you ask me that before Lottie or was it someone else  :rofl: :rofl:

We havent decided about the mid summer one yet and what it will be exactly.

A Cat Show is not ruled out but if we were to do it , it would have to be less work, cos it took 4 of us weeks to get the last one running! Also intersted on thoughts on cat shows, cos Tan feels that people do not like having thir cats judged, like in best grey Blue cat or tabby etc and that if we did one, it would need to be maybe more fun oriented?

So please let me know................one thing for sure is that their would much much fewer categories  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 00:53:57 AM »
Who is this lunatic who keeps talking about getting their bottom in a cat show?  And has dancing santas all over their posts!!!!!! :evillaugh:

The battle lines are being drawn up here...Get off the field!!!! :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 00:49:21 AM »
Can we have a cat show again this year? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Have got several photos already sorted out lol!

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 00:48:18 AM »
No O'Sneakieone, no questions.......am just drawing up my battle plans ha ha :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 00:44:54 AM »
What I am trying to say in the nicest of ways is that any fundraising on Purrs must be run officially by Purrs because Tan has accounts for Purrs and due to the amount of money that we are raising now, it must be properly accounted for.

As stated in that link we have a programme set up which includes donatations into the rescue fund, the fund will be distributed to the named rescues on Purrs. All these are officail Purrs fundraisers.

Everyone of these rescues has had to provide us with detailed information which is kept with the accounts.

If people want to privately donate they of course can and should but it is private and not officially through Purrs.

I really dont want to upset anyone or deny them a chance to help any rescue because thats what the fundraising is all about but we do know that unless the giving of money is spreadout across the year, people will get fed up keep being asked to put hands in pockets again and again. We already have a donation system set up through the shop but we really want to keep a bit of a reign on all of this to make sure its all open and above board and accountable through the Purrs books.

Roz if you want to ask me any purrrrrrrrrrrcific questions please do  ;D

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 00:43:29 AM »
Jut re-reading your post O'Sneakieone, you say that anyone in the auction could have sponsored a cat for £1.00 but all the auction funds were going to Eight Lives....and we are all really happy about that. 

But.....I just wondered whether, it being Chrimbo and all, we could raise a little extra for some of the other rescues, to make their Christmas a little happier.  It would be a one-off and would not be allied to the other fund-raising events. 

It needn't even get involved with Purrs accounts....we could all just write our names down and divide the names into however many beneficiaries there are and send the money off.  But then again, if we didn't get very many names I suppose it would be a dead duck. :(

I didn't mean to step on your toes 'Head Fundraising Honcho'

It bin awful peaceful round here since you bin away  :evillaugh:

Yours

Queaks in battle mode

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 00:41:31 AM »
Are we having a cat show again this year Gill? Will get my bottom into gear and sort out pics this time!

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 00:30:55 AM »
Does that mean that we can't do it then O'Sneakieone? :'(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 00:31:59 AM by Roz »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 00:22:04 AM »
I have been away while this thread has been running and would like to jump in please..........cough cough, being the head honcho fund raising  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Our plans for fundraising this year are already set at this place here.......ummmmm will come back and add link

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=9367.0

We have the fundraisers spread throughout the yaer so that there is time to regroup after each one and the thread shows how money will be distributed.

Although there there some lovely ideas, we dont want our carefully laid plans being ummmmmmm overridden or something.  :rofl:

In January the Swop Shop will be back but slightly different in that it will be run by Purrs now and the money will go into the rescue fund. The fund as stated in the link will have a set amount of money given to each of the named rescues in rotation on a fair basis. The more money we get into the Rescue fund the more often we will be able to hand some out  ;D

What I do not want to happen is for other side fundraisers to  take away money from the planned ones. It would be lovely if all our members would contribute but during the Cat Show we tried for mass particiation through the entries and through voting and if you look at the threads you can see how many actually took part! Again in the auction anybody could have sponsored a cat for £1.

The January Sale can be done through the Swap Shop and there is absolutely no reason why members cannot directly donate to any of the rescues if they wish, thats why all the names are there. If you need any further information please contact me.

What we have to face is that many members do not take part in Purrs very much and may visit infrequently, many do not have much money and we feel that a planned programme of fund raising is more benificial but it needs to be spread througtout the year.

In 2008 for the first time we have more planned than ever before and are much more oganized because fund raisong events take a lot of time and organization.

I suggest you look at the link above and I am aways open for ideas but we want official Purrs fundraising to be organized by Purrs so that our accountant can keep the books straight, yes Purrs does have accounts and Tan and I have spent since the summer, amongst other things, planning all of this  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 00:24:08 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 23:54:22 PM »
Hi CC

You didn't offend anyone huns, it is a bit confusing but basically, I think that we have three very hardworking and independent charities who do not really receive very many funds from anywhere else and are always out of pocket.

None of these rescues turns away a needy cat.  All three are run off their feet and have horrendous vet bills in addition to all the other ongoing costs.  We all know what it costs to keep a cat.  I've got seven and I'm always spending money on them!!!

In addition to these three 'core' charites there are some others on here who also do the same sterling work but who may belong to a larger organization.  Nevertheless, EVERY charity needs extra funding because they are all striving to achieve the same result: viz: the care and welfare of needy kitties who are often very young and ill or elderly and dying.  Need I say more..........

So, let's all give these groups a little helping hand without incurring any real hardship to ourselves to ensure that they all enjoy a more comfortable Christmas.

Charity begins at home...and all these members are our pals  :Luv:

What d'ya say?

Lots of love

Roz

ccmacey

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 23:26:34 PM »
Sorry ladies, I didnt mean to offend anyone and by no means did I mean you dont deserve it  :shy: I didnt know the diary is being done to raise funds for Dawn I must of been awol at that time. I also thought Desley worked on her own  :shy: Is it just the people amoung us that are the registered charitys on Purrs?

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 23:10:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks Lesley for explaining this to us but to answer your question:  Dawn's vet bills are massive!!!!!  Take it from me....I know this, but she wouldn't ever complain.

This little fundraiser would be supplementary to the other fundraising events and is for the Christmas kitties.

:xmas 4:

Lots of love

Roz

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 22:59:39 PM »

[/quote Cc I think you will find that Dawn has had something from each big fundraiser, the Diary is being done for her

Dawn was voted, by the members of Purrs,  as the rescue to get the money for the diaries, and I can't think of anyone more deserving than Dawn.  She drives miles to rescue cats at all times of the day and night and I dread to think what her vet bills are. :Crazy:.

Tan and Gill have have now worked it that all  "Purrs registered rescues" get a fair share of money raised, by rotation, with Teresa, Dawn and myself, as the Purrs independent rescues benefitting from the bigger money raising bashes.  I was very fortunate that it was my turn for the Auction this year, but the next big money raiser after the diaries will, I assume, go to Teresa.

There is a thread in the fundraising section that explains how money is allocated.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 22:44:30 PM »
Sam, I'm getting old - I was thinking it was Tan who had the ties!!

:sorry: :sorry:

Tan, please forgive me for saying YOU had bad taste in ties.  :naughty: :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl:

Love you both really - you are keeping me going in my time of need.  Smude is stillmissing and I've really picked myself up talking to the wonderful caring people at Purrs.  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 22:21:10 PM »
Leakie's an accountant and she got it wrong...   :-[ Oh Tanni...

:evillaugh:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 22:15:32 PM »
Hi Sam,

Must we let ol' Leakie know about it (groan)? After all, she couldn't even get da total of the auction correct. :evillaugh:

(I joking of course but I think Tannikins will get to know soon enough if we get loads of support...and this thread was just a feeler, so to speak)

:thanks: everyone....

Roz

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 22:07:36 PM »
I think its great idea, i am in.

But cant some one send PM to all the members and let them know about this, and then its up to them if they want to donate.

Its just some members are not as active as others and may not get to read all the new topics and appeals, but once they know about this they might be happy to donate.

Even if %25 of none active members respond, well just an idea. :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 22:05:55 PM »
I was thinking that myself Roz  ;D

Yes I think its a good idea as a lot of one woman rescue workers get left out of the big things, not on purpose I know but it would be nice if they could get a turn, I'm thinking Desley and Dawn in particular.

So yes I would be in for a small donation, with a little bit from everyone it could amount to something big  :)

Hey it is Christmas after all and we can have the chance to help lots more Kitty's out.  8)

Cc I think you will find that Dawn has had something from each big fundraiser, the Diary is being done for her
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 22:06:46 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 21:45:59 PM »
Count me in.  Another suggestion I have, not sure if you do anything like this as I'm fairly new to Purrs............  Great Auction, I loved it and I'm sure everyone else did by the look of the amount that was raised.  How about a January Sale!!!!  We could Auction our unwanted Christmas gifts and maybe Tan could get rid of those awful ties that I saw in one of her topics!!!   :sorry: Tan, you must admit it!!!   :naughty:  Maybe you already do something like this or maybe think it wouldn't work - just an idea.

Mary  :catluv:

I think you might be referring to the "Wonderful Company Ties" that I had  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  OK they were were hideous I admit it.

I would definitely be in for donating an extra pound ... but I think you should have a word with Tan (out of courtesy).
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 21:17:26 PM »
I was thinking that myself Roz  ;D

Yes I think its a good idea as a lot of one woman rescue workers get left out of the big things, not on purpose I know but it would be nice if they could get a turn, I'm thinking Desley and Dawn in particular.

So yes I would be in for a small donation, with a little bit from everyone it could amount to something big  :)

Hey it is Christmas after all and we can have the chance to help lots more Kitty's out.  8)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 21:04:46 PM »
Count me in.  Another suggestion I have, not sure if you do anything like this as I'm fairly new to Purrs............  Great Auction, I loved it and I'm sure everyone else did by the look of the amount that was raised.  How about a January Sale!!!!  We could Auction our unwanted Christmas gifts and maybe Tan could get rid of those awful ties that I saw in one of her topics!!!   :sorry: Tan, you must admit it!!!   :naughty:  Maybe you already do something like this or maybe think it wouldn't work - just an idea.

Mary  :catluv:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 20:28:15 PM »
I think it's a great idea, and easy enough for most people to pay by bank transfer to avoid the PayPal fees  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 20:10:43 PM »
I like this idea however might I make a small suggestion. You may want to run it by Tan, since Purrs is a fundraising venue primarily we gather all funds outside of the regular fundraisers, the shop profits etc are all for the rescue fund. We have a donation link in the shop which allows peeps to donate to the fund.  The fund here rotates around the rescues that are registered so each time we get  to X amount (can't remember) the next rescue in line gets that X amount? 

Of course it would be great if everyone donated to their rescue of choice (keeping it private, as Roz suggests) for this time of year. £1 is definately something we can all try to find somewhere.  I'm in regardless.

Tanni might have other suggestions how we can best do this to save on the paypal commission? 

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 19:17:01 PM »
Hi again Helen,

Re: if anyone wants to give more...That is entirely up to them and would be wonderful but I really want to stress that the point of this £1 donation is that it doesn't put pressure on those who cannot afford to give more....

I think if we make it a £1 (after bank charges) donation to the fund, then it really is simple.  Should anyone want to add more then that is entirely up to them, but I think these extra donations can and should be made privately.  This way we would all be in the same boat and everyone would feel that they had given the required amount.

I hope that makes sense.  Private donations to our rescues would be an additional bonus and very much appreciated but I think these should be between you and the beneficiary.

Lots of love

Roz

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 17:52:07 PM »
Good thinking Batman....and at least we know the goods would arrive....which is always a worry with Royal Mail.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 17:40:55 PM »
Helen,  I think we should discount paypal...let's just send Chrissie cards with £1 coins stuck inside them (I mean literally stuck with sellotape ha ha) if there is no other way of making a payment.

Well if you factor in the cost of a stamp (35p nowadays?) then it might be easier to donate £1.25 via paypal which covers the fees.  If anyone wanted to give more than £1 the fees aren't quite so disproportionate, so for example if £5 were donated then only 37p goes to paypal.

Link to CatChat