Author Topic: Ron from Lostcatsbrighton  (Read 5943 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Ron from Lostcatsbrighton
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 22:57:15 PM »
Well pink you were lucky cos some of stuff that the rescues send takes for ever to sort out for CC!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 22:50:15 PM »
Well, Cat Chat sent me Ron's homing page access details, and I've now managed to do an appeal for help on there. I must say that if you're used to using computers a lot, it's dead easy to do, and took no time at all. But I had a conversation with someone today, who told me that some rescues run by older volunteers suffer because they haven't a clue about picture editing, etc. Maybe I'll get more 'clients'?  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 21:58:00 PM »
So glad Ron is getting some help.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 18:56:13 PM »
Looked at my booking diary and I have one lot of nuisances guests checking out Monday morning and another lot checking in Wednesday which only leaves me Tuesday free as the other days I have to do breakfast so couldn't get out until about 10.30am (not sure if thats too late)

I shall PM you about this...  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 17:54:36 PM »
So glad that Ron is getting some help  :)

I have written to Ron suggesting a plug for helpers on the local telly. Nothing much ever happens this way, so they're always covering 'human' stories. We shall see what he says...  ;)

I think this is a great idea, there's got to be lots of local people out there who would love to help but don't have the confidence to approach a rescue first or maybe just not realising that help is so desperately needed.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 17:44:19 PM »
Looked at my booking diary and I have one lot of nuisances guests checking out Monday morning and another lot checking in Wednesday which only leaves me Tuesday free as the other days I have to do breakfast so couldn't get out until about 10.30am (not sure if thats too late)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 17:44:48 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 15:32:03 PM »
woo Hoo so glad you can help out in some way Pinkbear  :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 14:41:38 PM »
Dawn, once I've been down there and got a picture of what's needed, I won't know exactly what any of us can do to help Ron - but I may be PMing you for advice, if that's okay?  ;)

That's fine but as I've said, if no one offers him a home, I'll gladly take him on until he's sorted and can be rehomed.......and I'll cover his vet bills whilst he's here.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 14:22:54 PM »
Sounds like it would be a good day. I would love to go depending on what day it is - I don't want to put you out though - would you go anywhere near whitstable on the way? (you could even park here and take my BLACK car  :evillaugh: )

Off to cantebury now so will catch up later  ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 14:23:33 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 14:09:17 PM »
UPDATE:

I've just had a long phone conversation with Ron, and also had en email from Gemini, Colonel Beau and Pickford.  ;)

It appears that Ron did have a listing at Cat Chat, but it wasn't linked to the rehoming section - only listed under Welfare and Lost Cats. They've now corrected this, and also have placed Scruffy's details along with my write up on him. http://www.catchat.org/adoption/sussex.html

Also, a lady was editing Ron's page, but has since drifted away and it hasn't been updated for some time. Ron himself is unsure about picture editing and is a bit lost with the whole thing. He has kindly agreed that I can take over from the previous lady.  ;D

I plan a visit to catch up with Scruffy, and to take photos and make case notes for the page. (Mark, if you wanna come you're more than welcome - but it'll be a long day!  ;) ) I haven't yet arranged a day with Ron, but it will be next week.

Dawn, once I've been down there and got a picture of what's needed, I won't know exactly what any of us can do to help Ron - but I may be PMing you for advice, if that's okay?  ;)

The wee Silver lassy is still up for grabs, but obviously not until her babies are off hand - Ron thinks she is due soon now.  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 13:05:10 PM »
She is gorgeous - I want her for me  :Luv:

Wow those are words I never thought I'd hear you say Mark!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: (Sorry!)

:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 13:04:12 PM »
If Ron is stuck and no one offers Scruffy a home, if some transport can be arranged and I can possibly meet part way, I don't mind taking him in and he would be indoors here as well.  He won't be put for rehoming until his fur has grown back and until he's ready.  Hopefully, someone will take him on........poor little mite  :'(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 13:10:38 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 13:03:50 PM »

Wow those are words I never thought I'd hear you say Mark!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: (Sorry!)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »
I have also written to Cat Chat asking if they could create a rehoming page, and attaching details of Scruffy for Ron, as I don't see a listing for him on Cat Chat. We shall see what they say.

Wish I had the room to take Scruffy on perminantly... I'm a sucker for old battered Tomcats.  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 07:35:30 AM »
aww, fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:17 AM »
why is it im always to bloody far away ?

Why is it I haven't got a nice big mansion for all Ron's little ones....  :(

MBll

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 00:39:48 AM »
why is it im always to bloody far away ?

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 00:24:26 AM »
 Hi Ron here,  scruffy  was sent to me in a Taxi it must have cost the poor Lady at least £20  he was un-neutered and covered in mats,s fleas and had been out for months, his owners moved on and left him behind poor Boy, people where feeding him but no one was willing to take the poor lad in as he was un-neutered and getting beaten up by all the cats in the area,the lady who sent him to me said she tride to take him in but her two cats would not have any of it, she sent him to me at 10-30 last Saturday night wet and cold and hungry, :scared: :scared: i took him to the vets had him done, deflead, wormed, dematted, blood tested, and dental treatment, he had to have some teeth out and his first jab, He looked that bad when i took him in the vet thought i was going to have the poor lad PTS but thats not me, so now you know why the poor Lad looks so Depprest :-[ i just hope some one will take him in or foster him till he gets his fur back, i will pay all vet bills till he finds a for ever home. :scared:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 23:39:43 PM »

Mark, I'll fight you for the silver one!  :duel:           

If someone would have naughty willow, I would happily get a few more cats but she is a nightmare. Kylie isn't being at all agressive but willow is keeping up the war - its been 3 years now  >:( willow was lying on a cushion next to me tonight and kylie came over. Willow growled and spat and poor kylie rolled on the floor and showed her belly. Willow jumped down and kept growling. Kylie looked really upset - I won't intervene anymore and hope they come to a truce. Also willow attacks me when she's vexed.

Anyway, other than that, I would love the silver baby - or even scruffy as he looks more needy and will be harder to rehome.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 23:29:34 PM »
poor little sausage. He must feel awful being like that and not having someone special  to give him a cuddle   :'(
You'd drive for 3 hours to give a cat some tlc ?  you guys are amazing  :Luv:

Well, there are a lot of needy cats betwixt Ron and me, but I get the feeling Ron is a one person band and it's worth showing a bit of solidarity.  :innocent:

Speaking to the OH, he reckons it'll be more like 4 hours... but I used to drive buses all day, EVERY day :Crazy: , and they didn't go to places as exotic as Brighton.  :evillaugh: 

Mark, I'll fight you for the silver one!  :duel:           

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 23:16:22 PM »
poor little sausage. He must feel awful being like that and not having someone special  to give him a cuddle   :'(
You'd drive for 3 hours to give a cat some tlc ?  you guys are amazing  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 22:57:18 PM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 22:56:36 PM »
You could pick me up on the way!  :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 22:55:39 PM »
What is wrong with him/her?

hopefully nothing bad  :(

Ron didn't say. I'm guessing mange, or something similar. But poor puss looks so depressed, it breaks my heart. I'm going to call him in a day or so, and see if he'll let me come down for a visit at least. I shall have a clearer picture then.

He's also got a wee pregnant girl and she's a stunner!  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 22:48:54 PM »
Shame I'm not closer really as I have a few homes lined up for mine over the next couple of weeks.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 22:46:10 PM »
What is wrong with him/her?

hopefully nothing bad  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 22:30:02 PM »
Oh dear that picture does remind me of Matty  :'( :'(

I hope someone can give Scruffy a wonderful home

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Ron from Lostcatsbrighton
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 22:20:23 PM »
I enchanged an email or 2 with Ron. He's refusing to let me go down and help as he says he doesn't want me to make the 3 hour journey - bless him, like I've got more pressing stuff!  :rofl:

But he did ask me to post these pics in the hope of finding a foster/adoptive home for this poor wee mite. Ron hasn't got any room to let this lovely poor thing have a wander and at the moment he's stuck in a pen.

Do we have anyone in the South East that can offer him a home? Transport can be arranged.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat