Author Topic: URGENT - Is there anyone in the Wiltshire area that could help a feral kitten?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Any more news on this one Dawn?

I had an update off her the other day and the kitten had disappeared but she was going to keep her eyes open for it and let me know.  I think one of the neighbours was complaining that she'd left food out for it and his dog kept eating it  :censored:  I'll try and get hold of her later to see if it's turned up.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
difficult to believe there is only one kitten in a litter

To be honest we get quite a few where there is only one, thank goodness. Would it be called a litter if there is only one? I would think to be caller a litter there must be at least 2.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 14:50:10 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
difficult to believe there is only one kitten in a litter ?

I would expect more somewhere . Perhaps this one has been thrown out or wandered off. Worth checking the surrounding area especially at night. Put some food out and see what happens .

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Any more news on this one Dawn?
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
I havent got outside facilities for a feral kitten and I don't know it would be a good idea in the house,

If it really is a kitten it could well benefit from being kept in a pen in a house, that way it would be far easier to tame down.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Thanks Gillian  :hug:  I'll send the details to her and hopefully they can help  :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Lesley, you are a star  :hug:  The lady is just outside Chippenham so I'll tell her you may be able to help if she can get it, and if there are no other offers.  She keeps mentioning the RSPCA and whether they could help but I'd rather you take her if possible   :sneaky:

Hi Dawn,
I'm not far from Chippenham, I havent got outside facilities for a feral kitten and I don't know it would be a good idea in the house, but wonder if you've tried the Cat Action Trust, their rescue is around chippenham area I think  www.catsactiontrust.org.uk Tel: 01225 700857
Email: info@catsactiontrust.org.uk, or Cat Rescue, who are actually based in Chippenham  www.cat-rescue.co.uk Tel: 01249 653443 / 730587
Email: jeanne@3disp.co.uk - maybe either of those could help?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Lesley, you are a star  :hug:  The lady is just outside Chippenham so I'll tell her you may be able to help if she can get it, and if there are no other offers.  She keeps mentioning the RSPCA and whether they could help but I'd rather you take her if possible   :sneaky:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Bit of a way from me, but if you get no other offers let me know and I will see what I can do for you Dawn.  I've only got two kittens in at the moment and feeling a bit useless with everyone else oveflowing.

Love Lesley xx
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just had an email about a feral kitten that is hanging round someone's garden...........tiny apparently and was crying all night   :'(  I haven't got any further details as yet apart from it being in Wiltshire somewhere  :tired:  Is there anyone that does rescue in that area or anyone that could help.  As soon as I get a precise area, I will let you know.  Thank you  :hug:

Link to CatChat