Author Topic: older cats  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: older cats
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 16:02:24 PM »
she had seen her days and would only become a burden" 

Oh! dear that has me worried now, I have seen better days.

never ever spoke to her again scum bags.

I can think far worse as indeed possibly you can, than scum bag, sadly it is unprintable. ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 15:12:07 PM »
My views on this are very strong. I took Bella and Milo on 2.5 years ago. They were 25 in January. The  :censored: :censored: some of you may remember their plight as they had been locked in the house and basically left to die as neither of the couple or the petuna son wanted them. They were found with no water, food and had messed all over the place. Milo was worse than Bella and he was not expected to survive. I spent hours and I mean hours feeding him little and often including through the night.

They had not ever been pets just THINGS to catch mice and on their relationship breakdown became surplus >:( >:( >:( >:( we went to the house once we found out that they were in the house alone and the front door kind of fell open  ;) ;) they were cowering in the basement  :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have had ups and downs healthwise with both of them today being one of them with Milo. Bella has CRF. I asked my Mum to haunt them forever for being so cruel to Bella and Milo

I dread to think what they would do to elderly relations just because they are old.............

A few years ago in my old house neighbours were going on a 3 month holiday. I had always gone and spent time , fed and watered while they were away. They actually had her PTS 2 days before they went her words were "she had seen her days and would only become a burden"  I never ever spoke to her again scum bags.

xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 14:54:03 PM »
I don't understand it either  >:(  I can't understand how some people don't develop an emotional bond with a pet they've had for years.  I don't consider Jaffa old at 10 (nearly) but I love him more than ever after having had him for that long. 

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 09:56:40 AM »
Its such a shame that some people just see animals, well, just as animals really, whereas we see them as a valued member of our family.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
I really don't understand why people get rid of older cats, they have such lovely personalities. I wouldn't exchange my oldies for kittens...too much trouble. My oldies (nearly 18 and 21) are trained to respond to my voice, know the rules (and break them!), and are thoroughly wonderful. They're so serene and peaceful - until they want something! Can't be doing with the hassle of kittens, cute as they are.

Some people seem not to bond with their cats as individuals, but regard them as swappable 'things'!  >:(

I wonder if they have the same attitude to their loved ones, family and friends.  :thumbd:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 20:14:56 PM »
 :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 19:09:11 PM »
MM, we get a lot of those come September time.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 19:07:32 PM »
The older cats always seem to be handed over when people go on holiday, its like they cant be arsed to book a cattery and will just get a new one when they get back  :censored:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you but my phone does not stop ringing with people ringing up to See if i can take in there older cats,

We too have had more calls recently to take in older cats than ever before, and its never just one always 2, such a nightmare.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »
grrrrrr i dont know how people can live with there sefls after getting rid of there pets for no good reason
how can anyone get rid of there cat just coz its old
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
makes me sick  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 08:24:03 AM »
I agree, I only ever take oldies now for that reason, it is such a shame.  People don't get rid of kids when they've had enough and it should be the same law with pets.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 07:34:51 AM »
Fortunately, we haven't had that yet this year. I wish there was an end to it, and that I didnt have to work, and could have a massive house in the country to have a sanctuary for all these poor unloved oldies. Good luck with them Ron.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:40 AM »
makes me sick to the stomach hearing this but sadley it is all to true.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 07:06:38 AM »
OMG!!! How awful, just knowing also that when the new kitty's get older that's gonna happen to them Grrr!

Dont these ppl realise that the cats will prob become friends (FOOLS!)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
older cats
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:58:52 AM »
 I don't know about the rest of you but my phone does not stop ringing with people ringing up to See if i can take in there older cats,i am getting three or four a day, they always say that they have tried to Rehome them, or the kids have become allergic to them, and  they cant keep them any longer as the landlord has told them no cats , but they have had the cat since it was a kitten, (WHAT CRAP} >:( I picked one up today the people had just got a new kitten and there older cat was no longer let in the house, its like having a new Baby and   throwing out the older child, now there nabour said they moved and left the older cat behind, they had never even had the poor old boy neutered people like that make me sick the nabour has been feeding it for the last few weeks but has three cats of her own so she could not keep it  well you know me could not say no had him to the vets today alls been done" now all i have to do is find more homes for them even the RSPCA are putting people on to me they say they cat take them in, where will it end i cant stand the thought of the poor little mights being PTS thats why i am building my pen bigger, but that does not Help with the vet bills

Link to CatChat