Author Topic: Casper and Mena  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Casper and Mena
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 21:27:38 PM »
Aw beautiful  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 17:20:26 PM »
They are both gorgeous, I hope they find a good home soon  :)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 17:17:36 PM »
Thanks for putting there pics up I kept trying but couldn't get them on here for some reason :thanks:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 16:05:00 PM »
Here are the beauties

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 16:54:07 PM »
These two are still seeking a new home if you feel you could offer them a home then go to www.ukrcc.co.uk and fill in on line form many thanks  :thanks:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Casper and Mena
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »
We have been asked to find Mena and Caspar a new home together. They are very much loved, but their family have had a change of circumstances, which has impacted on Mena and Caspar in a negative way. Their owners feel allowing their Raggies to go to a new home would be best for their happiness.

Mena is a female seal mitted Ragdoll, aged 4 years and Caspar is a male blue colourpointed Ragdoll aged 3 years. Both are neutered, but as they have always been indoor cats, their vaccinations have lapsed. Recently both Mena and Caspar have been trying to escape and their owners feels that they may be happier having access to an outdoor run or a secure garden.

Their owner writes..
Mena is a gorgeous girl, not a lap cat at all but instead prefers to drop on the floor at your feet and demand fuss. She is very prone to tangles down the backs of her legs where she refuses to let me brush, otherwise she is very patient and tolerant. She has in recent months become increasingly naughty and I can only assume this is no coincidence that it coincides with the birth of our daughter.

She has always had problems with her faeces. They are frequently blood streaked and mucous-y. We had this thoroughly investigated when she was a kitten. She had scans, steroids, and several investigative procedures including blood tests but the vet could find no problem. The only other option was investigative surgery which the vet felt was unnecessary in an otherwise healthy cat. At this point she was put on the prescription diet and is generally fine although we still have some issues with her stools.
    Casper is a really handsome loving boy. He’s not massively into being on your lap but he does have his moments! Unfortunately he is very prone to using his claws and as such I’m not sure he’s a suitable boy to have around children. There seems to be no cause (or warning) when he does lash out, it’s just when he’s had enough of whatever you are doing be it brushing, stroking or playing.
    His tummy is a lot better than Mena’s although can be a bit sensitive and for this reason he is also on the prescription food. He can suffer tangles in his “armpits” but is tolerant up to a point of you trying to remove them.

They both seem to be ok with other pets in general, a friend has bought her dog around a few times and there have been no problems, the same can’t be said of toddlers, if there is a small child about Casper goes into hiding and Mena just backs away from them every time they get close.

Mena and Caspar are looking for a family who can give them all the love and attention they have been used to. They have always been used to living indoors, but may benefit from access to a garden run, or a secure garden. They are ok with dogs but are stressed by young children, so no children under 10. They have been used to lots of human companionship, so would not suit a home where they will be left all day, for long hours. Their new family will need to be able to manage Mena's and Caspar's sensitive tummies and be willing to continue to feed their prescription diet for life, under the guidance of a vet. They are fed Hilld ID dried kibble.

If you can offer Mena and Caspar the home they need, please contact me.

Thank you,

Helen
kelly-joy www.ukrcc.co.uk

Link to CatChat