Author Topic: Can someone foster a cat until somewhere can be found for him?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Can someone foster a cat until somewhere can be found for him?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 14:40:35 PM »
It's not been forgotten T, I'm still trying to get somewhere sorted for him........spoke to the lady yesterday and she's taken him to her new apartment, I've told her to keep him in until we can find somewhere.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »
Shame this went off topic.
Has somewhere been found for this poor boy?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 20:24:39 PM »
we never get a rescue agency attending evictions, even if we know they have animals

At least our Council would appear to have a heart then.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 20:09:34 PM »
Thats awful how could someone lock a kitten up in a house knowing full well no one would come in to see to its needs.And as for throwing pets out on the streets that is disgusting.No wounder fosters like myself get strays in if thats whats happing all over.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 20:42:01 PM »
I work for a Housing Association and we never get a rescue agency attending evictions, even if we know they have animals.  The only exception being if there is a dog in the property that we think may be used to stop us gaining entry, in which case we will bring in a dog warden.

I was actually horrified last year when we evicted someone.  They had left the property and left behind a young kitten.  I hadn't gone on the eviction as it wasn't my area but when the rent officer came back she said they had just locked the kitten in the house and left it.  This was on a Friday afternoon and no-one would have been returning to the property until Monday.   :censored:  There are several people who go on evictions, one of which is a Neighbourhood Officer whose job it is to manage the properties in there area.  Fortunately she loves cats and when she got back to the office she went back out to the property with a cage and took her home where she is now happily living with all her other cats.  She did send an email round asking if anyone wanted to adopt a kitten as well so she wasn't going to be abandoned completely.  The rent officer was all for putting it out on the streets and letting it fend for itself - honestly, she really is a lovely lady, but just absolutely cannot stand cats.   :Crazy:

Even though at that point for us, having a cat (and a kitten especially) wasn't really an option, I had told her if she didn't settle I would take her in.  The office has taken in goldfish and other species before now and I'm sure in future if a similar situation arises we will find a home for any waif and stray animals.  Fortunately, for the animals anyway, we don't evict that many tenants.

Anyway, hope this poor cat finds a home soon.

Karen
x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »
had a phone call off a lady yesterday who's moving on Saturday, she's rang me again in a panic.........

How many times a year do we get such calls, it is such a worry isn't?  Even in the last month I have had a number of such calls. Of course a cattery will not be an option as they will be full for Easter. The ones I hate most are the calls where a person says they are driving round with the cat and nowhere for it to go. I have had that a few time when a person has been evicted. Although when the Council evicts if they know there is a cat or more usually cats in the home they contact us and ask us to attend. Sometimes it is very sad.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Can someone foster a cat until somewhere can be found for him?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 19:29:34 PM »
I had a phone call off a lady yesterday who's moving on Saturday, she's rang me again in a panic.........She can't take her cat with her and is desperate, all the rescues are full and I don't want to be taking anymore in at the moment until I know what's been going on with mine.  He is neutered and fully vaccinated.  The cat is in the Denbighshire area of North Wales.  If anyone can help by either fostering him or giving him a home, can they please get in touch asap  :thanks:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 19:35:22 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat