Author Topic: Duncan and Raphaella have got a new mummy and daddy  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Duncan and Raphaella have got a new mummy and daddy
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 00:25:18 AM »
I'm really pleased for these two babes and Darren and Rachael are just perfect for them :)

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 17:30:50 PM »
Awww bless those two very lucky kitties.  Sounds like they have really landed themselves the perfect slaves. xxx

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 17:11:44 PM »
Isn't that really nice of him! :) Good luck with that (and I loved reading Duncan and Raphaellas story!)
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 13:24:40 PM »
Update on these two gorgeous babes

I received this email this morning off their daddy  :)  If any rescuers are interested in using the website that Darren has kindly offered to set up, you can pm me or email catrescueflintshire@f2s.com and I'll let him know.

Just wanted to say thank you for bringing Duncan & Raphaella into our world. We have kept the names are they are just perfect! We can't imagine that there was a time we didn't have them. If anything we are turning into overprotective parents and we start to worry if we haven't seen them for half an hour. We go searching the house from top to bottom and of course they are always warm and cosy liek under the bed and you feel really daft!

Duncan is growing in confidence everyday and is remarkably intelligent. He manages to open just about anything you leave lying around and he is also an excellent climber and jumper. He has even figured out how to pull the string on a toy that my mum got for them. Raphaella is just absolutely gorgeous and is always hassling him. She also likes to come and wake Rachael up and 5:30 in the morning by standing on her chest and bopping her on the face if necessary. The best one yet has to be when she sneezed in her face though. I was giggling to myself about that one all day.

BTW Since we started looking for some cats to adopt I have been working on building a website that would make it easier for people to find cats that are available for adoption. Would this be something you and/or your other rescue friends might be interested in using? It would be free for rescue centres and adopters to use. You could put details (including pictures) of pets you have available for adoption on there and users could search the database to see what is available. Let me know what you think.

Hope things are going well with you.

Regards

Darren & Rachael
Duncan & Raphaella
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 13:50:57 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 18:38:34 PM »
I am sure he will settle soon and their new slaves sound very understanding  ;D

Everything crossed for the vet tomorrow and let us know how he gets on xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 02:56:48 AM »
I'm sure he will.  He was really loveable with me whilst he was here but he did take some coaxing for him to trust me.  Darren was saying some days he's quite good with them and then he reverts back to being scared, this is normal for them.  Some days it's like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back and then eventually it's like something clicks into place with them and they get more trusting each day.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 18:19:57 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed he keeps improving
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 18:18:06 PM »
The visit went fine.....Duncan was a little nervous but he's not lost any weight, he's been drinking enough fluids etc, I think basically he just needs some more time.  He had lots of cuddles and then disappeared behind the settee in the lounge, his daddy lay on the floor with him and gave him lots of fusses, Duncan loved it and was purring for England bless him  :Luv:  He does love his fusses, he's just not sure how to react at the moment.  By the time I left, he was totally chilled out so I'm hoping it's a step in the right direction.  We did all end up laughing as we found ourselves whispering because Duncan had fallen asleep  :rofl: Whilst fussing him, I noticed he had a lump under his chin  :-:  I'm going to pop him to the vets on Monday just to get it checked out, it may be something and nothing but it's better to be safe.  Raphaella has settled in a treat and promptly pinched Duncan's mouse that I took for him, she's definitely ruling the household and has them wrapped round her little paw  :Luv: :Luv: They are the perfect slaves for them, loving, patient and understanding.........I think they're very lucky kitties to have found such a fab mum and dad   :)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 18:06:13 PM »
How did the visit go Dawn?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 16:37:40 PM »
I'm shortly going to visit these little babes, Duncan is still a little stressed out by his move but he should settle in a few days.  I'm going to take him one of the catnip mouse that Aunty Candice bought for them for xmas as he absolutely loves them so I'm hoping it will bring him out of his shell a little bit  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 22:28:16 PM »
Aww!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 18:45:50 PM »
She's a little babe Gill  :Luv:  They'd been reserved for a few weeks but between one thing and another, they had to wait plus I wanted to get Raphaella spayed before she went.   She's approx 5 months but Duncan had got a grip of Trev (who's a little girl  :-[ ) a few weeks ago so he was definitely raging with hormones, I didn't want any accidents happening and even though he was done a couple of weeks ago, he can still be fertile for a few weeks.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 18:32:59 PM »
I love that Raphella  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 16:00:34 PM »
Excellent news, you seem to be doing well at the mo - the bottom cat is really stunning

I'm really pleased with all the rehomings lately........it's about time   :)  It goes in spurts, I've not had any enquiries at all this week and yet last week was bedlam.  Raphaella is the bottom kitty, my youngster initially called her Raphael as we thought she was little boy, her name was then changed when we discovered the truth  :-[  She is absolutely gorgeous........I would have loved to have kept her.  Duncan is a one eyed babe, he's semi feral but getting to the point where he loves his fusses  :Luv:  I spoke to their new mum yesterday and she said they'd both been out exploring........Duncan is a little shy but Raphaella kept going over to him to reassure him that all was okay  :Luv:

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 13:13:00 PM »
They are beautiful Dawn  -  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
Excellent news, you seem to be doing well at the mo - the bottom cat is really stunning
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 22:39:48 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: That's great news Dawn  :Luv:

I wish them lots of luck in their new home xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Duncan and Raphaella have got a new mummy and daddy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 22:21:45 PM »
My gorgeous babies Raphaella and Duncan went to their new home last night  :Luv:  Their new mummy and daddy are over the moon with them.  Raphaella is a little more confidant than Duncan and has been reassuring him that everything is okay.   They've both been exploring today although Duncan has been hiding a little as well........I'm sure in a few days they will have settled down and will be causing mayhem  :scratch:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 22:23:41 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat